Noah versus Amir Johnson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MangoKid wrote: View Post
    Noah skinnier than Amir? When Amir was drafted, he was like 200 pounds. Noah was 225 pounds. How would you say that Noah has tranformed his body? By putting on 8-10 pounds?

How is the stuff about school irrelevant? Noah got top-notch coaching from Billy Donovan and got a chance to hone his skills with playing time.

Like I said in an earlier post, one of Amir's greatest assets is his quickness. If he puts on weight to try to become a 5, he'll lose that quickness.
    Don't forget the age difference. Amir turns 24 in a couple of weeks - what will he look like in 2 years?

Comment

Amir at about the 3:50 mark in the final news conference said "I think that we could use a legit center, but I think that it can work with all of the 4s on the floor."

And why does want to be a leader mean that he must gain a huge amount of strength and play C full time. Just because he's tall doesn't mean that he's a C. Strength and standing reach are more important. Amir simply cannot put get enough strength on his frame to play it full time.

[By saying that the team could use a real C and not becoming one himself Amir] is bailing out on the team and running away from responsibility.
      Bailing out on the team? That's why he's played to the point of perhaps needing surgery on his ankle?!? How is becoming a C his responsibility? Did BC outright tell him to become one? His lack of strength likely contributed to the injuries, why would he avoid the gym, what evidence is there that he hasn't been working out? Amir just said that he wants to become more of a leader, the TOP guy.

This thread is so absurd. You're making such a big deal out of nothing.

Comment

Does anyone else find the following comical?

This is a thread debating Noah vs. Amir on the premise of size.

On the one hand we have the argument Amir is 6'11" and the listing for his 6'9" is wrong yet the same listings with his weight at 210 are correct.... interesting.

On the other hand we have Noah who weighed 223lbs coming out of college at 22 years of age and currently is listed at 232lbs on ESPN at 26 years of age comapred to Amir who is 23, just turning 24 in a couple of weeks.

There is nothing biased about this post at all.

Comment

Noah skinnier than Amir? When Amir was drafted, he was like 200 pounds. Noah was 225 pounds. How would you say that Noah has tranformed his body? By putting on 8-10 pounds?
          Do I have to break down everything for you ??

Noah had 3 years, Amir had 5 years. So here you go.
          How is the stuff about school irrelevant? Noah got top-notch coaching from Billy Donovan and got a chance to hone his skills with playing time.
          And Amir did not have the best Coach !! The top -notch school is irrelevant because we are not EVEN TALKING ABOUT THEIR SKILLS. We are talking about willingness to embrace a role, to take on the challenge and to work towards it.
          Do you get it now ??

Like I said in an earlier post, one of Amir's greatest assets is his quickness. If he puts on weight to try to become a 5, he'll lose that quickness.
          Really ?? I thought it was his defensive IQ, it was his desire to work hard and ... so Not to loose his edge, he needs to be skinny and be pushed around under the basket and .... Right!! man, I wish I had you for my boss. You are easy to please.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post

On the one hand we have the argument Amir is 6'11" and the listing for his 6'9" is wrong yet the same listings with his weight at 210 are correct.... interesting.
            LOOOOLLL, Where did I say 210 is right ?? Show me the line that I said 210 was a right number or STFU

As far as the hight, I gave you 5 references, if you want I will add another 5.

Do you want to know what is comical ??!!
            That you and your Pal have no real answer and are puzzled on why your little hero is so lazy and why does he defer the role of starting center and not willing to take on the challenge. It seems like it just hit you in the face that a guy with the same hight as Amir

I say forget that one has been in the league for 5 years versus 3 years. After posting 5 different sources, I guess anyone with little brain and logic can see that Amir is at least 6'11" and same hight as Noah.

Then why not now is he gaining the size to play the role ? Didn't Bosh who most of hated, added the weight last year to be more dominate and he was so as well !!!

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
              There is nothing biased about this post at all.
              I don't know about that. You have posted here and hence added your biased opinion

Comment

Raptor4Ever wrote: View Post
                Then why not now is he gaining the size to play the role ? Didn't Bosh who most of hated, added the weight last year to be more dominate and he was so as well !!!
                Bosh added that weight to get a max contract. And he lost most of it during the season because his frame can't naturally sustain that weight.

That you and your Pal have no real answer and are puzzled on why your little hero is so lazy and why does he defer the role of starting center and not willing to take on the challenge. It seems like it just hit you in the face that a guy with the same hight as Amir
                You're the only person that thinks (that anyone thinks) Amir is a hero.
                Last edited by WhatWhat; Thu Apr 21, 2011, 10:49 PM.

Comment

I just realized this is the perfect Bargnani defense. For Bargnani, the best defense is a good offense. And his fans are taking that to heart! It's the perfect Bargnani defense: Offense!
                  Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                  Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Raptor4Ever wrote: View Post
                    Do I have to break down everything for you ??

Noah had 3 years, Amir had 5 years. So here you go.

And Amir did not have the best Coach !! The top -notch school is irrelevant because we are not EVEN TALKING ABOUT THEIR SKILLS. We are talking about willingness to embrace a role, to take on the challenge and to work towards it.
                    Do you get it now ??

Really ?? I thought it was his defensive IQ, it was his desire to work hard and ... so Not to loose his edge, he needs to be skinny and be pushed around under the basket and .... Right!! man, I wish I had you for my boss. You are easy to please.

What exactly are you breaking down for me? Noah goes to school, plays big minutes. Amir basically until coming to Toronto has been a fixture at the end of the bench, not getting any playing time. I didn't know you could get better just continually sitting at the end of the bench. That's news to me.

Bargnani was out a few times this season and when that happened, I believe Amir did an admirable job playing the 5. So, he has already embraced the role a few times this season. Maybe you missed those games. Oh well.

Oh, so you're familliar with Amir and his assets and what he brings to the table. I don't see how Amir gets pushed around. For a guy with his weight, he holds his own. Why should he put on more weight to become a centre and appease to you. He's progressing quite nicely.

Comment

I blocked this guy a long time ago and I highly recommend you guys do the same.
                      He's not worth your time and energy.

Comment

What exactly are you breaking down for me? Noah goes to school, plays big minutes. Amir basically until coming to Toronto has been a fixture at the end of the bench, not getting any playing time. I didn't know you could get better just continually sitting at the end of the bench. That's news to me.
                        Better at what ?? Growing Muscle !!! Lets try it another time : This is not about their skills !!!

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
                          I blocked this guy a long time ago and I highly recommend you guys do the same.
                          He's not worth your time and energy.
                          Thanks for the input pal. you Blocked me because you lacked the maturity and basketball knowledge to keep up. To be honest , I am glad you did because it was getting JUST TOO BORING AND TOO EASY to prove you wrong every time

Comment

Tim W. wrote: View Post
                            I just realized this is the perfect Bargnani defense. For Bargnani, the best defense is a good offense. And his fans are taking that to heart! It's the perfect Bargnani defense: Offense!
                            LOOOLL, man, I pity you. You Just can not get over AB can you ??!! Your whole life revolves around AB, how Sad !!!

Comment

Tim W. wrote: View Post
                              And the offense is of course, not efficient.

Comment

See like right there. I guarentee you he wrote back with something asinine and ridiculous, and I don't have to make myself any stupider by reading his garbage.

You'll prove him wrong 1,000 times, but he'll continue to use the same stupid points to make himself feel like he's having a big boy conversation. Like I said before, not worth your time fellas, I'm telling you.

Comment

Working...
                                X