Steph Curry, any one?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maleko wrote: View Post
    So let's say we do the Bargs for SAC's pick (and filler) and the wild world of lottery happens and we get the 1st and 2nd picks. In this dreamworld, do you prefer taking Irving and DWilliams, or would you trade for Steph Curry with Irving's pick?
    I'd trade for Curry, for reasons that I outlined to bballnut27.

Comment

bballnut27 wrote: View Post
      Do you think they would do Irving for Curry and their first rounder?
      Since everyone thinks Irving will be better do you think this would make it more fair?

And if somehow we got first and second, as suggested above, we would have Curry, DWilliams, and another late first pick?
      If that happened and Valenciunas slipped, or even Biyombo, then a good time to have another big developing.

Comment

I'd trade the #1 for Curry straight up any day of the week....Curry has proven he can play in the NBA...and as much I like Irvings game he is still unproven and has only played like 11 NCAA games....that being said GS would NEVER let Curry go for that little...i think we are undervaluing the trade value of Steph here.....the kid is an unique player who hasn't even touched his potential not to mention he may have the longest range in the league along with the best stroke in the league (from beyond the arc anyways)
        Opinionated blog about current NBA news and our very own Toronto Raptors
        http://cantfightthehustle.wordpress.com

Comment

Curry has proven to be a very good player, but I don't know if he'll ever be a great player. Irving could. If you want to go the safe route, then you trade the pick for Curry, but no one has ever won a Championship going the safe route.
          Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
          Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Tim W. wrote: View Post
            Curry has proven to be a very good player, but I don't know if he'll ever be a great player. Irving could. If you want to go the safe route, then you trade the pick for Curry, but no one has ever won a Championship going the safe route.
            Curry averaged 18.6 ppg/5.9apg/3.9rpg with 48% from the field/ 44% from 3/ and 93% from the line (to lead the league) and and he is ONLY 23! Man has already put up a triple-double in the league and is always a threat to go off for one. What more does this guy have to do get some respect in this forum?

Like you said Tim he is already a very good player but he still has a lot to learn, do you think he as already reached his ceiling as a 23 year old? Because I certainly don't. Curry didn't start playing point until his last year at Davidson and in three short years he has become exceptional distributor in the best league in the world. He is way more poised with the ball then some other young PGs as well (Russel Westbrook for one) and knows where to be on the basketball court and for his case that is usually along the perimeter. Also he was pegged as a tweener coming into the league but at 6'3" he has great size for the point, now that he's proven he could play it. Asking a player to completely change the way he plays is a huge deal and great basketball players are the ones who can change they're stripes when need be. I'd also like to point out he was playing, on average, three less minutes per game this season and put up better numbers than his rookie season (which would be hard to do for anybody in the league) and he has good basketball pedigree and IQ as he has been around the game all his life. Curry is definitely safer then Irving but Curry has more potential than Irving as well, which is saying a lot because Irving does has a lot of potential. I've seen most of Irving's Duke games and he has a great ball IQ and wicked handle but for Curry to show that he can learn those things after playing SG for his whole basketball career is testament to the amount of skill Curry has.
            Opinionated blog about current NBA news and our very own Toronto Raptors
            http://cantfightthehustle.wordpress.com

Comment

LeeZ wrote: View Post
              A poster today speculated on the Raps getting Steph from GS, because management there has declared him redundant, in light of Monta Ellis. Personally, I would LOVE to get Curry for our draft pick, even if it's the number one overall. Great shooter, including the three and free throws, steal and a half a game, almost as many boards as Il Mago (!), and exciting as all hell. Maybe Irving becomes a great one, maybe he doesn't. But for my money, it's a bird in the hand thing. Thoughts?

I'll speculate in the other direction. No way they pick Ellis over Curry.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                I'll speculate in the other direction. No way they pick Ellis over Curry.
                Except all the rumours before was turmoil with Curry (yes between Ellis and Curry, but also Curry and Smart.) If it was only Smart, then perhaps this is gone and they are truly keeping both. Hell, part of Smart's departure could have been due to his rough patches with Curry.

Comment

Working...
                X