Anyways, Brian Shaw for coach

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Matt52 wrote: View Post
    I'm not too sure I agree. I think you work with what you have and when you have Dwight Howard, you surround him with shooters to create space for him and to get quick ball movement allowing him to attack the offensive glass as the defense shifts.

Rick Adelman is a good example of a coach who works with what he has. In SAC it was all offense with the cast he had (Bibby, Peja, Webber, Vlade, Jackson to name a few). In HOU when Yao was healthy, they won with one of the best D in the league.
    Not sure he works well with what he has. I watched a lot of Miami games when he coached there, and in reality...my opinion, they couldn't punt him out of there fast enough to get that team to perform to its level. He relies a lot on the 3pt shots, in Miami and Orlando, (was not Wade's strong suit then, wait, still isn't) and his brand of play does not translate well to the playoffs. I recall reading a while ago that the most hated (current) coach by the players is SVG. That can be good in some cases, but in others not so much. Could chase people out of town in a hurry.

Comment

Maleko wrote: View Post
      Not sure he works well with what he has. I watched a lot of Miami games when he coached there, and in reality...my opinion, they couldn't punt him out of there fast enough to get that team to perform to its level. He relies a lot on the 3pt shots, in Miami and Orlando, (was not Wade's strong suit then, wait, still isn't) and his brand of play does not translate well to the playoffs. I recall reading a while ago that the most hated (current) coach by the players is SVG. That can be good in some cases, but in others not so much. Could chase people out of town in a hurry.
      I'm only discussing coaching style. Even in MIA there was Shaq and Haslem cleaning up the boards.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
        I'm only discussing coaching style. Even in MIA there was Shaq and Haslem cleaning up the boards.
        Ha, and we have Bargnani. I know Shaq was there, and they clashed (SVG and Shaq) bigtime. At the end of the day SVG is a successful coach, I am not one in favour of him for the Raptors.

Comment

Maleko wrote: View Post
          Ha, and we have Bargnani. I know Shaq was there, and they clashed (SVG and Shaq) bigtime. At the end of the day SVG is a successful coach, I am not one in favour of him for the Raptors.
          Total agreement.

Comment

Working...
          X