No announcement yet.

Linas Kleiza

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like Kleiza, but not as a starter. He is an asset off the bench, and his contract matches that.

Comment

Thanks Matt52 for adding to my point. And for what it's worth, ESPN has TYoung listed as a 4 on their depth chart. TYoung and DWill have the same/similar skill sets as a Kleiza, with the kicker that they are more athletic but not great rebounders.

Basically, players who played the 4 in college, and because they are not 6'10 and can shoot the 3-ball they are type cast NBA 3's. Do I want to overpay for a more athletic Kleiza? Not Really? Do I want to draft a good back-up 3/4 over a potential starting centre? Not Really.

Derrick Williams is no longer on my draft board as a result.
      -"You can’t run from me. I mean, my heart don’t bleed Kool-Aid."
      -"“I ain’t no diva! I don’t have no blond hair, red hair. I’m Reggie Evans.”

Comment

Kleiza is not a good starter i agree. But off the bench he'd be amazing. I noticed that during the start of the season Kleiza was playing great and putting up double digits in ppg and grabbing a decent amount of rebounds. But as the season progressed you could tell that his knee was bothering him more and more, as a result he started missing shots and eventually he had to get surgery.

Comment

Roughhide wrote: View Post
          He looked overweight this season compared to his days in denver
          not really overweight he just has alot more muscle and body mass which is great cause that can help him be more explosive.

Comment

He's not a bad player, but as already stated in his tread, he was given way too much freedom. He's fine as a shooter when he's set, and he can take it to the hole, as long as its maybe 2-4 dribbles.... any more than tat and he needs to pass the damn ball. His post moves... is... meh, and his one on one game isn't very good.

He's fine as a bench player, maybe a started when used properly but the way the raps coaches used him, gave him too much power and he went above his abilities resulting in him looking like a trash player, and if his knee bothered him as much as some believe tat deffinently didn't help.

I am more than willing to give him another chance, his contract isnt horrid or nuthin considering wat we know is capable of him, ( he's untradable anyways). So yah... 2012 hopefully he'll be back... if not 2013 baby -_-

Comment

Roughhide wrote: View Post
              He looked overweight this season compared to his days in denver
              He added bulk because he played PF in Greece. When he was in Denver he played SG-SF and probably weighed 15+ pounds less. He used to even defend Kobe at times.

He def needs to lose weight to be more effective in the NBA because he will play at SF, not PF. He was fairly athletic for his size in Denver and I'm hoping that rehabilitation for the microfracture surgery will get him into SF shape. At the same time I hope that the injury will not limit his athleticism. Amare seems to have recovered well.

In terms of the bigger picture, people can't really evaluate Kleiza since he played injured all season. His numbers were dismal but he must of been in some serious pain to make it to February. Can't really judge a player who wasn't playing at full health.
              Last edited by 666; Sun May 1, 2011, 01:16 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X