Raptors on Twitter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

heinz57 wrote: View Post
    anything east of pape is scarborough to me. pape is the point of the subway where you feel an overwhelming urge to guard your wallet... it's also the furthest east i'll go for food
    What's with ripping on Scarborough?! Come on! We got Johnny's here!

ps - if I meet you at some point, feel free to clutch on to your wallet. I might pull a Daniel Ocean on you.

Comment

lol... i felt that way in japan with the sushi... i couldn't tell the difference between master sushi chef's cuts, and the random conveyer belt place in shibuya with 100 yen plates. salmon is salmon.. i dont care if you cut it with a plastic butter knife as long as its fresh
      I loved kuru kuru sushi! The size was a lot smaller and you never knew how long some stuff had been winding its way around. I really liked how you could just yell out random sushi and the guy would make it fresh for you instead of waiting for the right one to come around. For 800 yen, you were full and happy.
      Never, under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night.

Comment

MangoKid wrote: View Post
        What's with ripping on Scarborough?! Come on! We got Johnny's here!

ps - if I meet you at some point, feel free to clutch on to your wallet. I might pull a Daniel Ocean on you.
        my perspective on scarborough is a bit skewed... my first exposure to it was dating a girl from malvern... malvern would scar anybody.

granted, malvern is kinda tame these days

Comment

Employee wrote: View Post
          Honestly, I know this sounds kinda lame but I lost a bit of respect for Amir there. It's cool to spend money, do whatever you want with it, but do you gotta post your receipts?? Maaaann...
          i'm totally going to post my receipts now.. get ready to be wowed by a twelve pack of lakeport from the beer store, and a bag of Lay's Ketchup and some beef jerky from the 7-Eleven.

Comment

my perspective on scarborough is a bit skewed... my first exposure to it was dating a girl from malvern... malvern would scar anybody.

granted, malvern is kinda tame these days
            Hmmmm.. yeah, Malvern would do that to a guy. I totally understand.

Comment

I lived on Birchmount and Finch AKA Glendower, back in early 90's for a year that was dangerous even for a toddler.
              NBADoppelgangers.tumblr.com

Comment

e2thed wrote: View Post
                too bad James Johnson doesnt twitter, but he does have this gangsta vid on youtube,
                I remember watching that video when the trade went down to acquire him. One that that struck out at me then, and again now, is how much weight he lost. I think he is 100% focused on being an NBA SF. Don't get me wrong, I don't see him as the answer long term but he most definitely is in the short term and could make a very good back up SF moving forward with the ability to play some PF.

Comment

e2thed wrote: View Post
                  I lived on Birchmount and Finch AKA Glendower, back in early 90's for a year that was dangerous even for a toddler.
                  alot of neighborhoods were like that in the 90s.. today, the worst you get is suburbs with poor people... but no sketchy hoods

Comment

Burlington ain't Toronto. Once you pass Evans Avenue and the West Mall, you're no longer in Toronto. There's a real difference between the two.
                    Its part of the GTA (greater TORONTO area). Everyone knows that

Comment

Burlington ain't Toronto. Once you pass Evans Avenue and the West Mall, you're no longer in Toronto. There's a real difference between the two.
                      your thinking of downtown toronto. There is many parts of toronto, downtown is just the main core. The stuff around it is all part of the GTA. My geography teacher was just talking about this a few weeks ago. Who should i believe a moderator for a raptors site or my geography teacher who is paid to teach this stuff?

Comment

when you vote for mayor, and its not for mayor of toronto, you're not from toronto. period.

TECHNICALLY, they may have included non-toronto areas in order to beef up the stats for tourists.. but realistically, if i bumped into somebody "from toronto" when i'm travelling and they tell me "ya, i live in Vaughan".. i call BS on them.

I'm totally flattered by y'all wanting to be us... but come on now.

Comment

Raptors_ wrote: View Post
                          your thinking of downtown toronto. There is many parts of toronto, downtown is just the main core. The stuff around it is all part of the GTA. My geography teacher was just talking about this a few weeks ago. Who should i believe a moderator for a raptors site or my geography teacher who is paid to teach this stuff?
                          I'm not saying that you have to believe me. You can believe anything. But I'm going to spit some cold, straight facts. But Burlington is NOT Toronto. There are 5 regions/municipalities that make up Toronto - Etobicoke, East York, North York, Scarborough and downtown (core) Toronto. Once you pass those boundaries, you are no longer in Toronto. If your home phone contains a 905 area code, you're not in Toronto. If you didn't vote in the last mayoral election in which Rob Ford is now your mayor, you're not in Toronto. If your home isn't located along a subway line or a TTC bus route, you're not in Toronto.
                          When you reach from Hamilton, Burlington, do you see a sign that say "You are now entering Toronto"?. I've never once seen that. That's what constitutes Toronto. I know about Burlington. My fiancee is from there and it takes me an hour to drive there just to see her. Believe me, that place isn't Toronto - and the people that live in Burlington are quick to trumpet what's right with the quaint "city" they live in and how much better they are than vile "Toronto".

Hope you took some notes. There's a test on this next week.
                          Last edited by MangoKid; Thu May 5, 2011, 10:11 AM.

Comment

i have friends from burlington.. i'll sometimes go out there to grab drinks with them.. this always involves me having to crash, or get a hotel.. not because i can't go a night without drinking, i totally can... its just WAY too far to drive home from in the middle of the night..

if you're far enough for me to consider you a "weekend trip", you're not in my city.

Comment

This link has them all in one feed:

http://raptorsrepublic.com/toronto-r...ers-on-twitter

Comment

NBA I miss you baby. Come back soon!
                                Source: @DeMar_DeRozan

Comment

Working...
                                X