Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chad Ford Mock Draft 1.0: Raptors select Enes Kanter (Enes v Jonas starts post #139)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
    Dirk Nowitzki had set the record with 30-some-odd points a whiiiile back. Opened alot of eyes.
    Kanter broke it.
    I dont tihnk his fantastic preformance should be over looked. its a pretty difficult task to score that many ppoints in any game. it shouldnt matter what size toher competetition was, they were all the same age and played the same game. should shaq and dwight not get their credit because theyre bigger then most in the NBA? i cetainly dont think so.

ENES KANTER STATS @ THE NIKE HOOP SUMMIT 2010
    FG-FGA 3FG- FGA FT-FTA OF DE TOT PF TP A TO BLK S MIN
    Enes Kanter 13-21 0-2 8-9 8 5 13 1 34 0 3 0 0 24
    http://www.usabasketball.com/men/2010/10_hsum_box.pdf

so if you look at the stats posted and the link you will see that Kanter scored more points than IRVING,SULLINGER,TJONES AND BARNES ( all these players were expected to go top 5. minus jones) in far less minutes(23)

I know it is one game and i could understand the speculation if KANTER played high minutes or even the same minutes with less production but.... his stats are clearly through the roof.
    Last edited by pesterm1; Sun May 8, 2011, 04:13 PM.

Comment

Below the rim = layups instead of dunks.

Boozer is the best example of this at 6.8 inches. Sullinger has been compared to as a slightly better Boozer.

Also, good wiry centres? Chandler, Yao, M and P Gasol., Horford, Camby, Hibbert.

So, there's a few, but they seem to be more brittle.

If Ed and Kanter can control the boards and the paint, that's all this team needs. Bargs, can come off the bench, until he is traded.
      -"You can’t run from me. I mean, my heart don’t bleed Kool-Aid."
      -"“I ain’t no diva! I don’t have no blond hair, red hair. I’m Reggie Evans.”

Comment

Raptorsss wrote: View Post
        Below the rim = layups instead of dunks.

Boozer is the best example of this at 6.8 inches. Sullinger has been compared to as a slightly better Boozer.

Also, good wiry centres? Chandler, Yao, M and P Gasol., Horford, Camby, Hibbert.

So, there's a few, but they seem to be more brittle.

If Ed and Kanter can control the boards and the paint, that's all this team needs. Bargs, can come off the bench, until he is traded.
        But we're talking Below the Rim Centers. Not PF, as Boozer and Sullinger both play.

Marc and Pau Gasol are both 'below the rim', and Marc is HARDLY 'wiry'.
        And I'm not sure I'd give Horford or Camby the 'Above the Rim' title. Wiry, perhaps.

Haven't watched enough of Hibbert, but being 7'4" I imagine his game is considered 'above the rim', for the sole reason of his arms reach higher than it. haha

I don't know, I think this whole "There is only one way to be a good Center" is a Bogus Argument. There are many proven Centers in the league, all of whom have some sort of differences among themselves.
        The common traits amongst ALL good Centers though, are Tough, Hard Nosed, Big.

Kanter is all of the Above.

Comment

Another reason why I am pro Kanter is cause he spent a whole year with Coach Cal. If think of it when has he ever sent a bust into the league. All his players have alway had good career in the league. For example Marcus Camby, Derrick rose, Tyreke Evans, John Wall, Demarcus Cousins. He gets players to the league and ready to contribute.
          @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Thats ridiculous. Then why wouldn't everybody follow what Brandon Jennings did? Obviously there is a reason players choose to play for free in the NCAA as opposed to making Millions playing over seas for a year. If there was an advantage to be had, then everyone would do it, because you can make money and make yourself better.

You are essentially arguing in my favour. You are saying he's better than all the American players.
            Whether thats because he played Pro ball is besides the point.
            Lol, not every 17-18 year old kid can go to Europe and play ball even if it gives them a chance to make $. Some of these kids actually do want to play College ball believe it or not. BTW, Jennigs would have done the same if he had pssed his SAT's which he didn't so his next option was to go to Europe for a year, which he did.

Believe me, we are not arguing the same points as I don't agree with your stance. I respect it, but certainly don't agree with it.

Comment

Tim W. wrote: View Post
              It's not as if Kanter has just sat and done nothing. He practiced every day with one of the best college teams and one of the country's best coaches. And Kentucky's center, Josh Harrellson credits playing against Kanter in practice for his sudden improvement this year. And while Harrellson isn't a great center, there's a chance he might be drafted in June, so he's decent.

You look at Ed Davis last year and he couldn't even practice for half of the year, but he did pretty well this year.

I certainly would have liked to have seen Kanter play at Kentucky, or somewhere else, but from everything I've read, his game has progressed this past year.
              Practice is good. Games are better. Once again not knocking the kid, just trying to be reasonable and look at both sides of the equation.

As for Ed.D, he played almost 2 years of college ball and also played for a championship squad in college. Yes there was some inactivity but he had already established himself at the collegiate level.

Comment

sleepz wrote: View Post
                Lol, not every 17-18 year old kid can go to Europe and play ball even if it gives them a chance to make $. Some of these kids actually do want to play College ball believe it or not. BTW, Jennigs would have done the same if he had pssed his SAT's which he didn't so his next option was to go to Europe for a year, which he did.

Believe me, we are not arguing the same points as I don't agree with your stance. I respect it, but certainly don't agree with it.
                You are arguing that because Kanter played in Europe, he was granted an unfair 'advantage' over his American Counter Parts.. Correct? Or you were anyway.

This has nothing to be BJennings. I brought him up as an example. You could use ANY 18 year old European Player and its the same. Many do come play in the US for Highschool/ NCAA. Many choose to stay and Play Pro Ball in Europe.

But what I'm trying to understand, is if they stay and play Pro Ball, and are able to contribute to a Professional Team, then how is it they are granted an 'Unfair' advantage?

Comment

sleepz wrote: View Post
                  Practice is good. Games are better. Once again not knocking the kid, just trying to be reasonable and look at both sides of the equation.

As for Ed.D, he played almost 2 years of college ball and also played for a championship squad in college. Yes there was some inactivity but he had already established himself at the collegiate level.
                  Well, the question was whether he has developed and progressed, and one of the best places to do that is in practice with a good coach, which he has.
                  Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                  Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

You are arguing that because Kanter played in Europe, he was granted an unfair 'advantage' over his American Counter Parts.. Correct? Or you were anyway.

This has nothing to be BJennings. I brought him up as an example. You could use ANY 18 year old European Player and its the same. Many do come play in the US for Highschool/ NCAA. Many choose to stay and Play Pro Ball in Europe.

But what I'm trying to understand, is if they stay and play Pro Ball, and are able to contribute to a Professional Team, then how is it they are granted an 'Unfair' advantage?
                    Where did I use the word 'unfair'?

All I said was it was possible he was more developed at the time of that tourney, thats all. Never said it was unfair, I just said it should be considered when assessing his game as the development scale might be different now, especially considering he hasn't played in some time.

Comment

Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                      Another reason why I am pro Kanter is cause he spent a whole year with Coach Cal. If think of it when has he ever sent a bust into the league. All his players have alway had good career in the league. For example Marcus Camby, Derrick rose, Tyreke Evans, John Wall, Demarcus Cousins. He gets players to the league and ready to contribute.
                      I think it's more accurate to say he gets his top players into the league ready to contribute. Daniel Orton anyone?

As time goes by, I'm more and more coming down on the pro-Kanter side, to the point of seeing him up there with Irving and Williams (that is, the draft isn't 1-2, then the rest, rather 1-3, then the rest). I actually see his year on the sidelines at Kentucky as a good thing. It could only have helped his B-Ball IQ to act basically as an assistant coach. Plus if his knees are questionable (which i'm leaning towards them not to be so), then the year "off" would only ensure they'd be stronger then they would otherwise be.

Plus, having Kanter would allow Bargnani to be moved and not require a starting Center to come back, which significantly opens up the trading options.

Comment

In my opinion, Kanter = future Zach Randolph-type, just with a bigger wingspan and a more refined shot. He also seems to find more of his offense off of offensive rebounds.
                        Don't hate me because I'm an optimist.

Comment

Enes Kanter training with famous trainer Tim Grover(trained MJ back in the day). Showing his extremly polished jump shot and some athleticism, that was said he didn't have. I Personally think if he measure out at 6'11" or 7'0"(highly doubt it) than his a can't miss at number #3
                          Last edited by Chr1s1anL; Wed May 11, 2011, 10:46 AM.
                          @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post

Enes Kanter showing his extremly polished jump shot and some athleticism, that was said he didn't have. I Personally think if he measure out at 6'11" or 7'0"(highly doubt it) than his a can't miss at number #3
                            Great Vids. Had never seen those. Very impressive. Who's trying to say this guy plays 'Under the Rim'?? He's a Monster!! And that nice little Running, Hook shot. Thing of beauty. This guy is going to be SOLID.

I've never seen him listed at 7 foot, but at 6'11", and probably close to 265-270lbs, this guy will be a Legit Center in the league. You can just see that he has a body that won't get pushed around all that easy. No way guys push him out of the block like they do Bargs.

Kanter is a Brick Wall. Bargnani is those Water Barrels on the Side of the Highway.

Comment

I don't think that extra inch or two is a make or break factor for a guy with immense skill and physical gifts. Thanks for posting those videos, excellent find. The draft seems to be turning into a three horse race at the top. I love it seeing how the odds favor the Raptors drafting third.

Comment

The reason I want him to have the two extra inches cause I don't want BryCo to pass on him cause he thinks his a power forward. A lot of website have him listed as PF.
                                @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Working...
                                X