Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chad Ford Mock Draft 1.0: Raptors select Enes Kanter (Enes v Jonas starts post #139)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I keep reading Al Horford comparisons. He's actually bigger than Al by the way. I think he would be a perfect compliment to Ed Davis. With Amir and maybe Reggie coming off the bench the Raptors would have a very nice paint presence at all times.

If Kanter's name is called by the Raptors then Bargnani's fate is signed, sealed and delivered.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
      I keep reading Al Horford comparisons. He's actually bigger than Al by the way. I think he would be a perfect compliment to Ed Davis. With Amir and maybe Reggie coming off the bench the Raptors would have a very nice paint presence at all times.

If Kanter's name is called by the Raptors then Bargnani's fate is signed, sealed and delivered.
      I couldn't agree with you anymore I made a thread about this a couple weeks ago. I don't like the idea of putting him next to Bargnani. If he is drafted Barney has to go!
      @Chr1st1anL

Comment

After watching last years video of Kanter at the Nike hoop summit and now this video I will not be upset if we take this guy. He has a very polished game and brings a great mix of inside outside ability, he look like the player we all wish Andrea was.
        Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

Those vids are seriously smooth. Ball goes in the net like butter. Form on his jumpshot is textbook. Excellent rotation on the ball. Though he's slow like a grandma. He also drops his hands before his shot. Would be better if he could just catch, raise and release.

Comment

Wow thanks for the vids. Kanter would be an awsome pick at number 3. the best part is he looks actually really good, and if he shows goo workouts i oculd see him going 2nd . we could still get irving or dwill at 3 depending on what teams select before us.

Comment

Damn, he's good. He didn't miss one shot!
              Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
              Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Tim W. wrote: View Post
                Damn, he's good. He didn't miss one shot!
                With ZERO video Editing as well! ... haha

Comment

ateleast we have something to be excited about at #3.

Comment

Thanks for posting those vids Chr1st1anL.

The more I've been reading, watching, and thinking about Katner of late, the more I think he would be a good pick at 3 - possibly 2. I was, and still am, very high on Valanciunas and I do think Valanciunas has a higher ceiling. However three things are going for Kanter that Jonas lacks:

1) Kanter already has the size. A big part of Valanciunas is waiting for him to develop phyiscally - this most likely will happen but when?

2) Kanter is the better player right now it would appear. While Valanciunas may one day better, as of now he is not, in my opinion. What if he never develops? What if *gasp* I'm wrong? This really is a draft pick the Raptors cannot blow.

3) Kanter will definitely be playing in the NBA at the first opportunity - no contract hold ups, no haggling, nothing. Valanciunas, who knows the real situation there. I am not as confident his contract is a non-issue as I once thought.

As an aside in wrapping up here, I was surpised at Kanter's athleticism. That was not something displayed before.

Comment

Tank, thank you for posting the link to the article.

Some of my favourite quotes:

We walked out of the gym in Chicago pondering whether or not Enes could ultimately wind up as the No. 1 pick in the 2011 NBA Draft.
                      “I love being here in Chicago. I’m 100 percent focused on basketball and getting in shape,” the excited Kanter explained. “I loved Kentucky, but now it is time for me to get ready for the NBA.”
                      “They’ve been trying to get me in shape and I feel like I’m ready right now. I’m in great shape,” boasted the 18-year-old. “We are also working on my quickness and shot. In the NBA, I want to play both center and power forward. I want to be able to face-up and shoot the ball too.”
                      When the big man stepped out beyond the NBA arc, he showed off a smooth release and had solid, but not spectacular results shooting 13/25 and 15/25 respectively. More importantly, Enes made considerable improvement speeding up the release of his shot and cleaning up the loose ends of his form. “We worked on my form a lot because I used to drop my left hand every time and now they yell at me ‘left hand up!’ each time I shoot,” explained Kanter with an infectious smile. “Before, my elbow was out a little bit when I shot. Now it’s not, and I’m shooting the ball much better.”
                      I think others have made this point but I'll state it again: if Kanter is drafted, trading Bargnani does not need to return a C and I do think Bargnani could most definitely return some valuable assets. For all his flaws he is still a match up nightmare on offense and capable of 20PPG. Having a player who compliments him (Bogut or Cousins come to mind) only increases his value as he has never played with a true C or true brute big man.

Comment

There is no way I would draft him with his knee history.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                          Tank, thank you for posting the link to the article.

Some of my favourite quotes:
                          I think others have made this point but I'll state it again: if Kanter is drafted, trading Bargnani does not need to return a C and I do think Bargnani could most definitely return some valuable assets. For all his flaws he is still a match up nightmare on offense and capable of 20PPG. Having a player who compliments him (Bogut or Cousins come to mind) only increases his value as he has never played with a true C or true brute big man.
                          Oden.

Comment

grindhouse wrote: View Post
                            As has been discussed before, and I know I mentioned it, his medical exams would have to check out.

With that said, as has also been mentioned numerous times, where is the evidence he has knee issues? There has been nothing substantiated, nothing except rumours and whispers. The guy might have had tendenitis or pain from a growth spurt. The guy is 18 and 6'11".

To say he has "knee history" is not only misleading, at this point I would say it is false.

When medicals are held and knee issues arise, then I'd start looking elsewhere. Until that time, Kanter seems to be a great pick.

Comment

Maleko wrote: View Post
                              Oden.
                              If healthy, why not. That is a big if though.

Comment

grindhouse wrote: View Post
                                And maybe you could tell us what this "knee history" is.
                                Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                                Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Working...
                                X