Backlash of the Playoffs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Backlash of the Playoffs

Do you guys think some players will become available pending the outcome of the playoffs?

If the Lakers get eliminated by the Mavs, do you guys think Bynum will be shopped around? Or Josh Smith if the Hawks lose to the Bulls? What about the already eliminated teams? Are there any players we can get from the Spurs? Portland, Denver and Orlando?

Oden maybe, Arron Affalo, Nene, and maybe Chandler(but i doubt he'll leave dallas)

Comment

tbihis wrote: View Post
      Do you guys think some players will become available pending the outcome of the playoffs?

If the Lakers get eliminated by the Mavs, do you guys think Bynum will be shopped around? Or Josh Smith if the Hawks lose to the Bulls? What about the already eliminated teams? Are there any players we can get from the Spurs? Portland, Denver and Orlando?
      Buss loves Bynum. They apprently wouldn't trade him away before he burst out for Jason Kidd still in his prime. When healthy he's a top five center. I think they hold on to him.

There were Josh Smith rumors earlier in the year. It's possible. If the Raptors could work something for him involving Bargnani and Calderon exiting that would be exciting. Obviously that trade wouldn't work as is but pieces could be added. Hell, Bargnani plus the pick and TPE to balance for Josh Smith and their pick would be a great trade for the Raptors.

I'm not sure the Spurs have what the Raptors need or that is right for them at this point in their development.

Denver has a lot of nice pieces and some nice free agents that can be signed and traded. I like Denver as a possibility. Nene is not an option. If he's leaves it's because he wants a better chance at winning.

Orlando doesn't work. See the Spurs.

Comment

Apollo you can't combine the TPE with a player, thought you knew that, so your idea for Josh Smith wouldn't work. We would need other teams involved to have a shot.

I like the chances at Denver players and definitely agree with you that many would be a great fit in Toronto. Perhaps the Hornets and Ariza, Indiana may look to lose Granger for solid return, Atlanta very possible especially Smith considering the public discussion about his shot selection. new York would love to but has nothing to go out.

Memphis is more likely to keep their core together now but may still shop Mayo, Popovich already said they don't want to blow it
        up, Orlando is a crap shoot and the piece they would want to trade nobody will take. Boston and Chicago unlikely and Miami nothing of value that they would or could trade. OKC no chance. Dallas has half it's team in free agency.

You are definitely right on Bynum. Buss Jr. has stated they will not trade Bynum.

Comment

Unless we steal players from Memphis, OKC, or chicago,
          all of which are not likely to let their players go as they have all been successful,
          i cant see what players would fit in our up-incoming team.

maybe a cheap vet, but I dont see us getting a player that will be a key part(not nessecarily a starter) of our future team.

Comment

i really want affalo i hope BC goes for him

Comment

Working...
            X