small trades

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• small trades

It seems everyone is trying to make big trades for big name, or boarderline all-stars or high draft picks. No one seems to care about the little trades, which are still important.

I was thinking sign and trade with Miami
    Dorsey + second round pick for James Jones?
    If we can without the pick even better.

Miami gets a tough rebounder wich they need, and we have lots of, and we get a SG who can hit the 3 that we need.

It wont make a big differnce for either team, but it would still help each of them out a little bit.
    Last edited by bballnut27; Sun May 8, 2011, 12:15 AM. Reason: Spelling mistakes

bballnut27 wrote: View Post
    It seems everyone is trying to make big trades for big name, or boarderline all-stars or high draft picks. No one seems to care about the little trades, which are still important.

I was thinking sign and trade with Miami
    Dorsey + second round pick for James Jones?
    If we can without the pick even better.

Miami gets a tough rebounder wich they need, and we have lots of, and we get a SG who can hit the 3 that we need.

It wont make a big differnce for either team, but it would still help each of them out a little bit.
    I like small trades too, would love to get courteney Lee on the team but a couple of issues here. We don't have a 2nd round pick and Dorsey is no longer on the payroll so he can't be traded. Miami can sign him though.

Comment

I was suggesting a sign and trade, and a second rounder from next year (or if the draft is really that deep maybe 2 years from now)/

I have not heard very much about Lee since he was an Orlando.
      How is he doing?
      I would have prefered going after Terrence Williams instead, but thats just my preferance

Who could we get Lee for?

Comment

I was suggesting a sign and trade, and a second rounder from next year (or if the draft is really that deep maybe 2 years from now)/

I have not heard very much about Lee since he was an Orlando.
        How is he doing?
        I would have prefered going after Terrence Williams instead, but thats just my preferance

Who could we get Lee for?
        Hard to say. He only makes $1.4M, so we could get him for the TPE, or the TPE and a future pick, or TPE and Alabi. That said, it would likely be as a part of a larger trade (perhaps mulit-team) as a required throw in since Houston will not give up a serviceable SG that doesn't cost them much for nothing. He would be a solid backup to Derozan, shoots 3s, defends PGs very well and SGs well but overmatched if played at the SF slot.

One trade that could work would be Barbosa (he would have to opt in and very likely he will, and would for a Houston trade) for Lee straight up (which would be great for us salary-wise), or more likely a Barbosa for Thabeet and Lee, which is salary neutral for Houston. Barbosa would fit in well in Houston I believe, and Thabeet is not used at all (2mins a game in Houston.) They have said they want to sign Dalembert, and from Yao's camp is he will re-sign in Houston, although for significantly less.

Toronto could get a passable backup C, arguable at that, but who at one time had huge potential and could be a rental with an option coming after next season. The key is Lee, who brings back 3pt shooting, defense, and a key backup to Derozan.

Comment

I was suggesting a sign and trade, and a second rounder from next year (or if the draft is really that deep maybe 2 years from now)
          Why wouldn't we just sign Jones? He would be a good pick up and also help our 3pt woes. We have the salary ability available to sign and be well under the cap without trades.

Comment

Depending on if you call it a small trade but the TPE for OJ Mayo could be another one. Sure they were looking for more at the deadline, but now they are at $51M payroll for 9 players, committed to re-signing Marc Gasol which will put them in the $60s. They could do well to lose some salary and we could use Mayo as a backup SG/spot PG.

I personally prefer Lee, better defender and 1/4 the cost, much less a potential head case. But this is another option.

Comment

I was just thinking of it as precautionary.
              If other teams are interested in him it would be easier to get in a sign and trade (espically for a player who is leaving anyway) than to start a bidding war over him.

I know he doesnt make much money, but he could still be wanting more money this off-season.

I know a lot of people were intrested in thabeet.
              Hes a young center, who could have lots of potential, i would take a gamble on him.
              Barbosa for Lee and Thabeet seems fair to me (maybe a draft pick as well?)

Comment

Here's a good small trade:

Robin Lopez for 1.8m of the TPE and 3m cash.

Phoenix's owner is apparently hurting for money. Lopez is their 3rd C. That's like a 5 million dollar gift for that guy. Raps get a quality C prospect.

Comment

Next trade Jose Calderon for Raymond Felton.

Draft Kanter and re-sign J.Wright & Weems. Rap's new lineup:

Felton/Bayless
                  Derozan/Barbosa/Weems
                  J.Johnson/J.Wright/Kleiza
                  Davis/A.Johnson
                  Kanter/Bargnani/Lopez/Alabi

That's a playoff team right there. And if it isn't, they'll have 18m or so in expiring contracts to go in hand with a lottery pick in a stacked draft, and great trade assets in Bargnani and Barbosa.

Comment

jeff_hostetler wrote: View Post
                    Here's a good small trade:

Robin Lopez for 1.8m of the TPE and 3m cash.

Phoenix's owner is apparently hurting for money. Lopez is their 3rd C. That's like a 5 million dollar gift for that guy. Raps get a quality C prospect.
                    They're not going to trade Lopez for nothing but cash, no matter how strapped for cash they are, especially when they were okay with taking on all of Turkoglu's extra years earlier this season. If money matters so much they'd do that move, they may as well close up shop.

Comment

Working...
                    X