NBL Canada to launch in 2011!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
    If they get a team in Mississauga, I'd be inclined to check out a game or two, depending on Ticket price.
    The ticket prices in Halifax are very reasonable, they also offer great group packages as well. I am sure that most, if not all team follow this structure. There were a few ex NBA players in the league last year, Rodney Buford and Eddie Robinson off the top of my head. While they played fairly well, they did not dominate the competition. I was pleasantly surprised how good the ball is, it is at a higher level than the CIS.
    Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

I'm only an hour and a bit from Oshawa and I can't believe I didn't see a game last season. This year for sure. If the games are half decent, I can avoid the hassle of getting into TO and save the $10 parking.

Comment

Puffer wrote: View Post
        I'm only an hour and a bit from Oshawa and I can't believe I didn't see a game last season. This year for sure. If the games are half decent, I can avoid the hassle of getting into TO and save the $10 parking.
        Make sure to check out at least one game, if it is anything like Halifax you will enjoy it.
        Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

I got to see the London Lightning play. They were a step up from College Ball. As you are watching you can see why these guys aren't in the NBA but if the league can develop I think it will attract more international talent and perhaps even get the NBA scouts frequenting some of the games. I see a need for this league because it provides one more opportunity for young Canadian kids (of which I have three nephews who are already outstanding at ball)
          For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

thead wrote: View Post
            ...I see a need for this league because it provides one more opportunity for young Canadian kids (of which I have three nephews who are already outstanding at ball)
            Most Canadian kids who have talent would probably be better served by going overseas, where the competition is currently better. Having said that, it might be easier to get scouted if you are playing in a North american league. And there may be situations in which it is difficult for a player to get overseas. The NBL will be another option. Can't have too many options when you are trying to develop talent.

Comment

Puffer wrote: View Post
              Do not man, terrible team. Seen them in person and I rather just come to see London or the Kebs.
              NBADoppelgangers.tumblr.com

Comment

e2thed wrote: View Post
                Do not man, terrible team. Seen them in person and I rather just come to see London or the Kebs.
                This is a great endorsement for the league....

Oshawa, like all but 3 of the teams in the league were taking their first shot at putting a pro basketball team together, give it a chance. Oshawa will have a quality product on the floor in 2012/13, maybe they will not be the top of the league, but they will be improved, as will all the teams. Here is a link top the current teams protected lists. each team was able to protect 5 players from last years roster. http://pointstreaksites.com/view/nbl...nes/news_49448. This means that those 7 teams will have a bit of a foundation moving forward.
                Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

WJF wrote: View Post

Oshawa, like all but 3 of the teams in the league were taking their first shot at putting a pro basketball team together, give it a chance. ...
                  I'll give it a shot. sometimes you need to support a group that isn't great at first. I would expect that most players in this league would be putting out the effort. I can live with that. It will be a lot better ball than I see at my Sunday morning Puffers League.

Comment

WJF wrote: View Post

Oshawa, like all but 3 of the teams in the league were taking their first shot at putting a pro basketball team together, give it a chance. Oshawa will have a quality product on the floor in 2012/13, maybe they will not be the top of the league, but they will be improved, as will all the teams. Here is a link top the current teams protected lists. each team was able to protect 5 players from last years roster. http://pointstreaksites.com/view/nbl...nes/news_49448. This means that those 7 teams will have a bit of a foundation moving forward.
                    Well I did see them when they had mostly bad canadian players, now they got decent americans but they got 1st pick last inaugural draft Morgan Lewis is good. Same with Omari.
                    NBADoppelgangers.tumblr.com

Comment

Working...
                    X