Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Final: Toronto Raptors 101 - Indiana Pacers 105

Toronto Raptors @ Indiana Pacers

19-19, 2nd Atlantic, (Road: 7-13) -- 11-25, 5th Central, (Home: 8-9)

WHEN: Mon., Jan. 11, 2009 at 7:00 pm ET
    WHERE: Conseco Fieldhouse
    TV/Radio: TSN, TSN HD, FAN590 Radio

TORONTO RAPTORS
    (click on logo for team stats)

Starters

(L to R): Jack, DeRozan, Turkoglu, Bosh, Bargnani

Bench

(L to R): Belinelli, Weems, Calderon, Johnson, Nestrovic, Wright, O'Bryant

Team Injuries/Inactive List

(L to R): Banks, Evans

INDIANA PACERS
    (click on logo for team stats)

Starters

(L to R): Watson, Head, Granger, Murphy, Hibbert

Bench

(L to R): Price, S. Jones, Rush, D. Jones, Diener, Dunleavy, McRoberts

Team Injuries/Inactive List

(L to R): Ford, Foster, Hansbrough

Who's Hot

TORONTO RAPTORS

Bargnani: 21.3 ppg in last 3 gp / Bosh: 26.3 ppg in last 6 gp

INDIANA PACERS

Price: 13.3 ppg in last 3 gp / Murphy: 18 ppg in last 2 gp

Key Match-ups

Roy Hibbert vs. Andrea Bargnani

Troy Murphy vs. Chris Bosh

GAME PREVIEWS

(click on image for preview *NOTE: only available on "Game Day")

(click on image for preview *NOTE: only available on "Game Day")

Prediction

This prediction worked last time for me with respect to the Pacers, so why fix it?

Anyhow, this game is a crap shoot. No one knows which Pacers team will show up. They'll battled through so many line-up changes due to injuries and certain underacheiving players (see Ford) that its too hard to predict.

Considering the sloppy basketball we've played in the last 2 games with turnovers (see Bosh) if we don't smarten up tonight, then a loss to the lowly Pacers is most definitely within reach for them.

Ooohh, this could be a dangerous one if the Dinos don't bring their "A" game. The Raps are on the 2nd of a back to back and tend to come out flat against teams well below them (see Friday's game against Philly).

The Pacers have gotten back a couple of their injured players recently, Murphy and Granger-who always seems to play very well against the Raps. Even without those two the Pacers managed to beat the Magic last week. Hibbert schooled D12 in that game. IMO Bargs matches up pretty good with Hibbert, but still, watch for Hibbert to have a good game. If the Raps can contain Granger (Turk better show up today!), and don't get crushed on the boards than the dinos should take this one.

My gut is telling me tha Raps will not have it tonight after falling to Boston. Hopefully they prove me wrong. Still, I will predict a Raps win (don't wanna jinx 'em)

Raps 107

Pacers 99

Comment

We are gonna get beatdown
      Last name ever, first name greatest

Comment

Expect a beatdown. Which will sting because Im already having a really bad day. Expect sloppy baseline rotations and weak contests. This is a back to back and lets be honest, these guys are not mentally tough. Well, with the exception of 2 guys.

Comment

Well we will continue to get beaten by the perimeter. Murphy is going to kill us and Granger will hurt too. It'll be interesting to see what Price does.

I think we will pull it out its going to be close.
          Raptors - 101 Pacers - 95
          “The choices you make in life, make you.” - John Wooden
          twitter - scoutingbball

Comment

scoutingbball wrote: View Post
            Well we will continue to get beaten by the perimeter. Murphy is going to kill us and Granger will hurt too. It'll be interesting to see what Price does.

I think we will pull it out its going to be close.
            Raptors - 101 Pacers - 95
            Those two have a history of being Dino killers. Let's see how Triano and Co. decide to handle them.

BTW welcome to RRF scoutingbball
            Last edited by .40 Cal Flakes; Mon Jan 11, 2010, 07:44 PM.

Comment

Bargnani needs to be kept away from big men who can play away from the rim.

He's done a very good job on the backboards though.
              nbaroundtable

Comment

I'm really liking Hansbrough's game. He's a much better rebounder than I expected him to be. Nice defense. Solid offense. Needs to improve his FG% but that'll come with time. I love how he creates his shot attempts, hustle plays, cuts, offensive rebounds, running the floor. Effort plays. Gets to the FT line at a fierce rate. Great mentality, aggressive, fearless, tough. Loves to play physical basketball.

Very nice player. Indiana needs to give him more minutes. He's someone that can help them.
                Last edited by Dave; Mon Jan 11, 2010, 09:47 PM.
                nbaroundtable

Comment

We can't let this game slip away. This is a must win. Triano has to start shortening the rotations because Bosh and Bargnani are gassed right now.

Comment

Oh man, that was an ugly air ball from AJ Price.
                    nbaroundtable

Comment

Amir + Bargnani have done a good job of making a wall around the paint. Made themselves big and long. Made it difficult for Indiana.

The perimeter players aren't rotating out to the shooters well enough though.
                      nbaroundtable

Comment

The ultimate breakdown. This team has no energy right now. Absolutely awful and ugly right now. Turnover city.

Comment

This is where great teams dig deep to pull out the win. Can we be considered "great" yet?

Comment

Is that Bargnani out there or Rick Mahorn tonight? Nice work on the glass big boy.

Comment

The Raptors have had a good run late in games recently. They're due for a few setbacks.
                              nbaroundtable

Comment

Working...
                              X