No announcement yet.

HoopsWorld.com: Flynn to Toronto?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

why do w need flynn when we have bayless?
    "the raptors were my fav team growing up"-kevin durant

Comment

knickz wrote: View Post
      why do w need flynn when we have bayless?
      Every team couple use high a character guy. Especially one with the type of skill and upside Jonny Flynn has. Were in rebuilt mode and the goal is to get as much young talent as we can than develop them.
      @Chr1st1anL

Comment

LBF wrote: View Post
        having kanter and alabi as our centres.

i'd much rather keep bargnani and gain some progressd in this rebuild.
        Well I'd assume the 3 bigs (Ed, Kanter, Amir) would be the rotation. Alabi is a bench dude, just listing the players by position.
        @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Thomas A. wrote: View Post
          I think you're right. A more likely trade might be Flynn+Pekovic or Flynn+Tolliver for Jose. I think the Wolves are under the cap, so matching salaries wouldn't be necessary, but I doubt Minnesota would want to take on extra cash.
          This is what I want. It is a reasonable scenario and it brings us back a solid back up center who could either play behind or beside Bargs if he's still here or split time with Kanter if we draft that way. I think their pick might be a little too much to ask for, but if BC could get it that would be fantastic.
          "Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival."

-Churchill

Comment

raptorsking wrote: View Post
            at hoopsworld they said they want a experienced pg back for their top pick, i don't know about you but calderon is perfect especially since he's spanish.
            I don't deny that Minnesota might want Calderon, but not even Kahn is stupid enough to give up Flynn AND a #1 pick for a backup PG. Does that seem reasonable at all to you?
            Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
            Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

You throw Bargnani in and Minnesota might start thinking about trading their pick. Maybe taking back Webster and one of their centers.
              Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
              Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Tim W. wrote: View Post
                I don't think it would be a bad trade, but another mediocre PG? Are the Raptors turning into the T-Wolves? Is another mediocre PG really going to do anything?
                yes you are right Flynn is not s stellar PG but:
                1) more cap flexibility
                2) will gel better with young group
                3) better defender on the ball
                4) Give Bayless a chance to be #1 for a season see if he becomes Chancey....
                "I may be wrong ... but I doubt it"

Comment

I really like Flynn, if you look at is nbadraft.net profile, they compare him to damon stoudemaire, but i think Flynn and Bayless sharing time would limint their growth, so if we do get Flynn(and maybe their pick), maybe we could trade Bayless, because his trade value maybe as high as every

Comment

What about possibly Calderon going for Flynn and A. Randolph?

Comment

GoHuskies wrote: View Post
                      No are Front line is already to skinny and packed with power forward. We need some meat in there Pekovic would be a good pick up for the raptors. Brings size and toughness.
                      @Chr1st1anL

Comment

GoHuskies wrote: View Post
                        Kahn has almost as much love for Randolph as Rubio - that is saying something. Seriously though, Kahn loves Randolph.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                          Kahn has almost as much love for Randolph as Rubio - that is saying something. Seriously though, Kahn loves Randolph.
                          Also with the string of games Randolph had towards the season, his stock is probably the highest it has been

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
                            Well I'd assume the 3 bigs (Ed, Kanter, Amir) would be the rotation. Alabi is a bench dude, just listing the players by position.
                            alabi isn't going to be nba ready for a few more years if ever.

i don't know much aout kanter but i don't imagine he'll be starter quality right away.

we need an nba ready center if were going to get rid of bargnani.
                            If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

i don't know much aout kanter but i don't imagine he'll be starter quality right away.

Supposedly Kanter had his way with Nazr Mohammed (Kentucky alum) during workouts last fall. If he can control Nazr at 18, then I feel pretty good about his prospects as an NBA starter. In my opinion, the best thing to do would be to get him (and Irving if possible), throw them in the fire, have another high lottery season, and pick a SF in 2012. A core all 25 or under (and well under for some), the Raps would have a team to watch and grow for the next 10 years assuming everyone lived up to potential. That is my wet dream.

Comment

Kanter is FAR more NBA ready than a guy like Alabi. I see no reason why he won't be ready to contribute immediately. He's obviously physically capable, and he seems to be more skilled than many current NBA centers. What makes you think he won't be ready? I think between Davis, Amir, Kanter and a 10-15 mpg backup center, that position will be adequate for them next year. It's not like they'll be competing next year either way.
                                Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Working...
                                X