DRAFT LOTTERY on TSN2 at 8:30pmEST TUESDAY, MAY 17

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ceez wrote: View Post
    if we did in fact get the first pick and did in fact draft derrick williams i will vomit on my newborn
    Payback for all times your newborn has vomited on you? Sounds fair to me.
    "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

no use no on really exiting this year
      ya dun noe

Comment

e2thed wrote: View Post
        if we pick 5th , pick brandon knight or jonas if hes still available
        NO more euros !!!!!!!!!!!
        ya dun noe

Comment

Apparently Doug Smith gets to be a third party witness at this evenings event so I emailed him the question of whether he or the teams involved know beforehand what combinations are assigned to them. I'll post his answer if i get one.
          "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

More Euros!

Comment

slaw wrote: View Post
              But what if you think Kanter is the best player? What if you know he will be there at #3? #4? And both those teams want desperately move up. You still just make the pick and take Kanter at #1? Of course not. You extract value. That's all I'm noting. Of course, if you're not sure Kanter (again just a for instance) won't be there at the spot you're moving down to then you don't do the deal. How in the world is getting the player you want for less money, plus another asset in any way controversial?

As an aside, I am no draft expert but I don't see anyone talking about Irving and Williams as "best players" in playoff series.
              If you really think that Kanter is the best player, then I agree with you. I am just thinking of when teams get two slightly lesser players for one better player. Usually the team that ends up with the better player wins. I think the best thing to do is draft Irving, who probably has more value, then if Kanter gets picked third then you trade him. Really, though, how much are you going to get by trading down two spots?

I think Irving, Williams and Kanter could all be the best player in a playoff series, but it's far more up in the air regarding that than in most other drafts. I think they all have the potential, but whether they fulfill it is another thing.
              Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
              Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

ezz_bee wrote: View Post
                Payback for all times your newborn has vomited on you? Sounds fair to me.
                I'd have to do it more than once
                @sweatpantsjer

Comment

ezz_bee wrote: View Post
                  Apparently Doug Smith gets to be a third party witness at this evenings event so I emailed him the question of whether he or the teams involved know beforehand what combinations are assigned to them. I'll post his answer if i get one.
                  I thought about doing that, but then didn't do that. Hopefully he replies.

Comment

Apologies if you've already seen this, but I felt I should post it here for those who haven't.

http://raptorsrepublic.com/forums/sh...ch-the-Lottery

Comment

Pretty good discussion between Bill Simmons and Chad Ford about the draft.

http://espn.go.com/espnradio/player?...DIO&id=6559975

EDIT: It's a long ass conversation, but it's actually kick ass. They talk about a lot of different things concerning this draft and the draft in general; of draft picks; of how to/how not to rebuild; the value of collecting assets...
                      Last edited by jeff_hostetler; Tue May 17, 2011, 06:45 PM.

Comment

From Simmons:

"The poor Raptors...It just seems like every chance they get to get a lottery pick in the top 3...they either have bad luck or the draft stinks."

Comment

slaw wrote: View Post
                          But what if you think Kanter is the best player? What if you know he will be there at #3? #4? And both those teams want desperately move up. You still just make the pick and take Kanter at #1? Of course not. You extract value. That's all I'm noting. Of course, if you're not sure Kanter (again just a for instance) won't be there at the spot you're moving down to then you don't do the deal. How in the world is getting the player you want for less money, plus another asset in any way controversial?

As an aside, I am no draft expert but I don't see anyone talking about Irving and Williams as "best players" in playoff series.
                          Well that's the thing. If you think Kanter is the best player, sure, but I think a lot of us have been talking about Kanter being the best in the position we're given (as in #3). If we had the #1 pick, I'd have to go with Irving. If we had the #2 pick and Irving is off the board, then I say trade down with a team that wants Williams for hopefully 2 relatively high picks.

Comment

Simple if the raptors fall at:

1st/2nd - Irving or Kanter
                            3rd/4th/5th/6th - Kanter, Vesely, B.Knight, or Bismack
                            Opinionated blog about current NBA news and our very own Toronto Raptors
                            http://cantfightthehustle.wordpress.com

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
                              if we did in fact get the first pick and did in fact draft derrick williams i will vomit on my newborn
                              Do u want to get bitch slapped?

Comment

I called Kreskin about the pick ... and all he said was ..... Raptors? wtf ... stop wasting my time.

Comment

Working...
                                X