X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh boy. BC hate threads here they come!

Comment

Employee wrote: View Post
      I would love to hear what you think BC should have done. I don't like making excuses for people either but this is a rebuild and next is gonna suck too, but I'm ok with that because that's how rebuilds work.

The Raptors were dealt a good player in Bosh, he tried to build around him, didn't work, end of story.
      He probably should have considered a few more plan B's in the event Bosh walked. He assumed Bosh would resign or that he would be able to work out a sweet sign and trade. Neither happened so he is at fault. Instead of manning up and acknowledging his mistakes he went and trashed Bosh which was unprofessional and lame.

Even if Bosh wrote it in blood that he was coming back, in the off-season you are offered $100 mil and a chance to play with Wade and Bron, why wouldn't he take it??? Stop crying BC, it was your gamble and you lost as you are the gate-keeper of this franchise, no one else.

Colangelo was one of the higest paid GM's before this and probably after and we're getting NO bang for the money paid to him. Just look at the roster.

Comment

sleepz wrote: View Post
        He probably should have considered a few more plan B's in the event Bosh walked. He assumed Bosh would resign or that he would be able to work out a sweet sign and trade. Neither happened so he is at fault. Instead of manning up and acknowledging his mistakes he went and trashed Bosh which was unprofessional and lame.

Even if Bosh wrote it in blood that he was coming back, in the off-season you are offered $100 mil and a chance to play with Wade and Bron, why wouldn't he take it??? Stop crying BC, it was your gamble and you lost as you are the gate-keeper of this franchise, no one else.

Colangelo was one of the higest paid GM's before this and probably after and we're getting NO bang for the money paid to him. Just look at the roster.
        What kind of plan B can you come up with if your best player chooses not to re-sign? And at what point was Colangelo crying? I must have missed that.

And what exactly does it matter how much the GM is getting paid? It doesn't count towards the cap.
        Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
        Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Neither happened so he is at fault.
          The best thing about this to me is that the Colangelo apologists have no excuses left. He has his extension. He has his management team. His scouting staff. His coach. His players. There is no Sam Mitchell to blame. There is no Chris Bosh. There is no TJ Ford. No Rob Babcock. You won't even be able to blame ownership very much longer. Even Bargnani will be gone, so, you won't be able to flay him.

Finally, no more excuses. No more mulligans. This will be his second chance to completely rebuild the team. His third or fourth re-tooling (depending on your mileage). He will have at least one and probably two high draft picks to work with. This time, trying really hard, wagging a silver tongue and wearing nice shirts isn't going to be good enough.

I'm just so sick of discussing him, I am glad it's over. Now, the team needs to rebuild properly and start to produce. No more ifs, ands or buts...

Comment

All hindsight and misleading on CB's part, as well. You honestly think, in BC's experience in that line of business, the studies and accolades he has, that he'd make a stupid blind guess at Bosh re-signing if Bosh didn't assure him of that? C'mon, man. He's better at this game than all of us, no matter what we think. Hindsight is just that, hindsight.
            The NBA Larry O'Brien Trophy's 'Big Decision': "This is hard..(smiling)...but..I've decided to take my talents to North Texas, to join The Dallas Mavericks.

"My Gladiator verses VS. what ya verse says"--Adversaree
            Check out my song "Beat Fighter 2010" (prod. by Pete Cannon)
            www.myspace.com/adversareeteamfresh
            http://www.youtube.com/user/adversaree
            http://twitter.com/#!/GiftOfSpeech (Twitter)

Comment

Tim W. wrote: View Post
              What kind of plan B can you come up with if your best player chooses not to re-sign? And at what point was Colangelo crying? I must have missed that.

And what exactly does it matter how much the GM is getting paid? It doesn't count towards the cap.
              I agree. You're lucky to get 20 cents off a dollar on UFA sign & trade.

My main point is this: the Bosh era was a failure. And I don't blame BC for that. Most GM's in his position would've hung on to him as long as possible.

I think all of BC's drafts and FA signings and trades in the 2010-2011 year were pretty bang on (with maybe the exception of Kleiza but we don't know how hurt he was).
              Eh follow my TWITTER!

Comment

I don't think he's done a great job, but this is only a good thing for the franchise. It gives them stability and Colangelo is, at the very least, a good GM.
                IMO, it was more of - he did the best with what he had, and things just didnt work out.
                Id want for him to be replaced, but probably not at this point in the Raps situation. Im interested to see how he'd finish what he started with this rebuild and how far (or far back) its going to take the team.
                I agree, re-signing him gives this team stability, and starting at the top is setting a perfect example. I think now the coaching issue is at hand, much as i would like to have Triano replaced, i wont mind him staying either, for the same reasons as with BC's re-signing. Id be interested to see Triano work with a core of players, and get this team from experimental to consistent.

Comment

slaw wrote: View Post
                  The best thing about this to me is that the Colangelo apologists have no excuses left. He has his extension. He has his management team. His scouting staff. His coach. His players. There is no Sam Mitchell to blame. There is no Chris Bosh. There is no TJ Ford. No Rob Babcock. You won't even be able to blame ownership very much longer. Even Bargnani will be gone, so, you won't be able to flay him.

Finally, no more excuses. No more mulligans. This will be his second chance to completely rebuild the team. His third or fourth re-tooling (depending on your mileage). He will have at least one and probably two high draft picks to work with. This time, trying really hard, wagging a silver tongue and wearing nice shirts isn't going to be good enough.

I'm just so sick of discussing him, I am glad it's over. Now, the team needs to rebuild properly and start to produce. No more ifs, ands or buts...
                  I agree, no more excuses left from a management standpoint but what you also have to keep in mind is this is still a very, very young team. And there is no legit superstar to take this team to the next level. So there are still lots of bumps ahead for this team, but at least theres already one obstacle thats been taken care of.

Comment

BC is putting together a young core that is on the upswing so I'm glad for his extension.
                    He continued to say it would happen when the time was right so things are unfolding as they should.

Comment

Employee wrote: View Post
                      I agree. You're lucky to get 20 cents off a dollar on UFA sign & trade.

My main point is this: the Bosh era was a failure. And I don't blame BC for that. Most GM's in his position would've hung on to him as long as possible.

I think all of BC's drafts and FA signings and trades in the 2010-2011 year were pretty bang on (with maybe the exception of Kleiza but we don't know how hurt he was).
                      Colangelo was given a team with a young big man who had the potential to be a franchise player. In hindsight, what he should have done was traded Bosh and started with all new pieces. Of course if he had done that, it would have been a shock to all Raptor fans and not looked at as a good move at all. In reality, Bosh never turned into the player many hoped he would. That's not Colangelo's fault.
                      Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                      Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

tbihis wrote: View Post
                        I agree, no more excuses left from a management standpoint but what you also have to keep in mind is this is still a very, very young team. And there is no legit superstar to take this team to the next level. So there are still lots of bumps ahead for this team, but at least theres already one obstacle thats been taken care of.
                        Agreed but some basic benchmarks have to be hit. I'm not suggesting they have to make the playoffs in the next two years but neither can they be a 22-win team without an identity that doesn't defend. With the exception of one brief blip in 2007, the direction of this franchise has been on a downward trajectory for a decade. At some point, someone has to turn this around or this franchise is going to turn into the Clippers. Personally, I am not confident that BC is that guy but he's back and I hope he succeeds cause it would be nice to cheer for a decent team more than twice every 16 years.

Comment

Colangelo was given a team with a young big man who had the potential to be a franchise player. In hindsight, what he should have done was traded Bosh and started with all new pieces. Of course if he had done that, it would have been a shock to all Raptor fans and not looked at as a good move at all. In reality, Bosh never turned into the player many hoped he would. That's not Colangelo's fault.
                          Of all the times we argued, i cant believe there will be a time when we will agree on the exact same thing! haha

This is exactly what ive been trying to say a long time ago. There was no way BC was going to trade Bosh unless he either directly stated to him that he wanted to be traded or public said it through the media. BC has balls, but not big enough to do something like that. No GM can.

Comment

took long enough

Comment

todd maclean had a good point on 24 in 30.

he basically said with all the things that are going to happen with mlse, i.e. the teachers selling their majority share, peddie leaving

they just didn't feel like or have the time too send out search parameters and such too find a new gm.
                              If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

A Plan B that would have accounted for his player leaving. Perhaps entertaining some trades for him? I forgot, like BC said "he didn't get any good offers for CB", but he's on record as saying that he gets great offers for Andrea, so we'll see how that one plays itself out.

His 'crying' was the whole Chris quit on the team and that he lied or deceived him in some way. He said he's the cornerstone and a franchise player one minute and the next he's not a franchise player, and we're glad we don't have an 'expensive pair of handcuffs' If you didn't want those handcuffs then why did you offer hima max deal? lol He continually trashed the guy after he went to Miami when th onus of responsibility is on HIM to protect the interests of the franchise, which he didn't do.

It matters to me how much a GM is getting paid because if your the highest paid in the league I would expect some results. Or is that not reasonable to expect? I'm a fan so just like we compare players and coaches salaries I want to know that our high price GM is worth the investment.... which he isn't.

Comment

Working...
                                X