• Colangelo Closing in on Contract Extension/Colangelo officially extended

Good news in my book:

http://www.thestar.com/sports/basket...n-sources?bn=1

Yesssssssssssssssssssssssssss.

Comment

Great news.
      Nice find Opti.

ADD
      With their eyes on an ever-more-probable exit, the pension plan’s representatives have appeared unwilling exert influence on a future that isn’t likely to include them. That’s been a boon to the Raptors’ GM, of course, since the pension plan’s Glen Silvestri has made a name as the chief anti-Colangelo voice on the board of directors.
      This is the point I've been wondering for quite a while.
      Glad to hear they've finally come to their sense.
      Last edited by Joey; Tue May 17, 2011, 01:11 PM.

Comment

I was gonna post this but had to step away. I'm ecstatic about the news. Shows that they do see consistency as an issue with our franchise and that BC's work has more positives than negatives. It's a great move on the franchise's part to consider this. I'm happy for BC.
        The NBA Larry O'Brien Trophy's 'Big Decision': "This is hard..(smiling)...but..I've decided to take my talents to North Texas, to join The Dallas Mavericks.

"My Gladiator verses VS. what ya verse says"--Adversaree
        Check out my song "Beat Fighter 2010" (prod. by Pete Cannon)
        www.myspace.com/adversareeteamfresh
        http://www.youtube.com/user/adversaree
        http://twitter.com/#!/GiftOfSpeech (Twitter)

Comment

About effin time.

Nuff said.
          Eh follow my TWITTER!

Comment

BC agree in principle to new deal http://blogs.canoe.ca/courtside/

Comment

Right on, now lets go get that #1 pick tonight!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
              Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

Great, now a number 1 pick would cap it off.
                dfeschuk tweet:

Sources confirm Bryan Colangelo has agreed to contract extension as #Raptors GM. 2-yr deal with a club option for 3rd.
                Last edited by Tank; Tue May 17, 2011, 02:05 PM.

Comment

Bad decision. Hopefully it is only a 2 year deal with a team option for the 3rd year.

If he brings back Triano to coach again after 3 consecutive losing seasons under his tenure we will get to witness another 50+ loss season.

Hopefully that means another high pick in 2012. Raps need the talent.

Comment

well, thank GAWWD! i'd hate to see just how low this franchise would sink without BC steering the ship.

now, excuse me while i make plans to watch the lottery tonight...can't wait to see where the raps will be picking...again.

wash...rinse...repeat...
                    TRUE LOVE - Sometimes you know it the instant you see it across the bar.

Comment

Only franchise in the NBA where you can lose 60 games and expect contract extensions.

Can't wait to hear the logic for bringing Triano back. The "players liking him" will proably be a popular phrase.lol

Comment

Good news for sure, now let's go and win the lottery.
                        @sweatpantsjer

Comment

sleepz wrote: View Post
                          Only franchise in the NBA where you can lose 60 games and expect contract extensions.

Can't wait to hear the logic for bringing Triano back. The "players liking him" will proably be a popular phrase.lol

YA, because we have such a good team of underachievers that any other coach would get to the finals! No injuries and all the talent in the world, what is wrong with JT
                          Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

Thanks god. Finally this team has decided to maintain a constant presence in management. This will go a looong way in establishing a team identity in the long run. These players need to be held accountable to some franchise identity. Colangelo now has the mandate to define this identity.
                            Welp, that sucked.

Comment

c_bcm wrote: View Post
                              Thanks god. Finally this team has decided to maintain a constant presence in management. This will go a looong way in establishing a team identity in the long run. These players need to be held accountable to some franchise identity. Colangelo now has the mandate to define this identity.
                              oh, i'm pretty that the team 'identity' is already well-established...
                              TRUE LOVE - Sometimes you know it the instant you see it across the bar.

Comment

Working...
                              X