No announcement yet.

Chicago Combine 2011 - Interviews and News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

(Addedd more interviews to the opening post, some of them are the same from a diffrent vantage point of another reporter, just putting them up as they get posted to youtube.)

Comment

This video should of been posted before the last one, for those of you who like Kanter, this is his workout.

Comment

How come nobody's talking about Kyle Singler. I seem to recall him being alights out shooter with a ton of passion. Severely lacking in athleticism though.
        Welp, that sucked.

Comment

I will say I am very impressed with Tristan Thompson in his interviews, very well spoken and seems to understand the process.
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yTvT-...layer_embedded
          Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

c_bcm wrote: View Post
            How come nobody's talking about Kyle Singler. I seem to recall him being alights out shooter with a ton of passion. Severely lacking in athleticism though.
            That's probably why.

Comment

blackjitsu wrote: View Post
              Anyone know if measurements been released yet?
              Yep, all the measurements from the NBA combine can be found here:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/draft2...ory?id=6569647

Some notes:

Found it interesting how Irving's body fat percentage was at 10.2, high for a PG, and higher than many of the other combine participants (ex. Brandon Knight at 4.2). He'll cut that down though.

Kemba Measures at 6'1" in shoes.

Kawhi Leonard's wingspan at 7'3" is among the longest of all participants. Impressive. His hands were also one of the biggest, both length and width wise.

Comment

Tank wrote: View Post
                Yep, all the measurements from the NBA combine can be found here:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/draft2...ory?id=6569647

Some notes:

Found it interesting how Irving's body fat percentage was at 10.2, high for a PG, and higher than many of the other combine participants (ex. Brandon Knight at 4.2). He'll cut that down though.

Kemba Measures at 6'1" in shoes.

Kawhi Leonard's wingspan at 7'3" is among the longest of all participants. Impressive. His hands were also one of the biggest, both length and width wise.
                One additional note on Kemba: 7'7.5" standing reach, which ties him for second worst in the league with Nate Robinson, and ahead of only Jerome Randle. Decent height, not so decent standing reach.

Comment

Quixotic wrote: View Post
                  One additional note on Kemba: 7'7.5" standing reach, which ties him for second worst in the league with Nate Robinson, and ahead of only Jerome Randle. Decent height, not so decent standing reach.
                  Yeah, that's pretty poor. Good find.

Comment

doesn't matter really, as long as he can contribute to this team in a positive way then i don't mind.

Comment

Some more notes:

Kanter measured just under 6'10" barefoot, and a solid 6'11" in shoes (6'11.25" to be exact, but I'm rounding down). Not amazing wingspan and standing reach, but decent-ish for a center. The average center in Draftexpress' database is 6'9.97" barefoot, with a 7'2.9" wingspan and 9'1.7" standing reach. Kanter's 7'1.5" wingspan puts him ahead of Love (6'11.25"), Kaman (6'11.75"), Horford (7'0.75") and Noah (7'1.25"), and just behind the likes of Stoudemire (7'1.75"), Monroe (7'2.25"), Jefferson (7'2.5"), Bogut (7'3") and Chandler (7'3"). Kanter's 9'1.5" wingspan puts him ahead of Love (8'10"), Noah (8'10.5"), Horford (8'11"), Monroe (9'0.5"), Stoudemire (9'0.5") and Nene (9'1"), and just behind the likes of Chandler (9'2"), Gortat (9'2"), Bargnani (9'2"), Jefferson (9'2"), Okafor (9'2"), Bogut (9'2.5") and Kaman (9'2.5").

Derrick Williams measured barely over 6'7" barefoot, and under 6'9" with shoes.

Irving has poor wingspan for his height (6'4" only) but decent standing reach (8'3").

Faried is only 6'6" barefoot.

Darius Morris measured a nice 6'3.25" barefoot, for a solid 6'5" with the right pair of shoes (he was apparently wearing 2-inch heels for his measurements, putting him at 6'5.25", lol).

Comment

Raptors_ wrote: View Post
                        doesn't matter really, as long as he can contribute to this team in a positive way then i don't mind.
                        A lot of the prospects can contribute to the team in a positive way, so that's kind of moot. The issue here is picking the player who will be the best of the lot three years down the road.

Comment

A lot of the prospects can contribute to the team in a positive way, so that's kind of moot. The issue here is picking the player who will be the best of the lot three years down the road.
                          i think he'll be a great pick for the Raptors. He might not start right way though and he'll probably play behind bayless for most of the season unless he just tears it up and bayless gets kickout of the starting line up. And we'll most likely trade jose

Comment

i think he'll be a great pick for the Raptors. He might not start right way though and he'll probably play behind bayless for most of the season unless he just tears it up and bayless gets kickout of the starting line up. And we'll most likely trade jose
                            I'm still not sold. Honestly, everyone after Irving and Williams just blends together, whether it's Kanter, Valanciunas, Biyombo, Leonard, Walker or Knight. I'm sure they could all fill needs for the Raptors (we did only win 22 games after all), but we really need to make a splash in this draft and the next.

Comment

Not sure if this means anything:

http://www.torontosun.com/2011/05/20...ebuffs-raptors

Comment

If a blind person can contribute in a positive way, then you take him. Of course the fact that he's blind might be a bit of a red flag that will prevent him from contributing in a positive way. Same goes for Walker's standing reach. That might be an indication he could struggle on defense and possibly getting his shot off in the NBA.
                                Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                                Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Working...
                                X