Draft Profile: Kemba Walker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Draft Profile: Kemba Walker

Was officially measured at the combine, comes in at 5'11.5" in his socks, 6'1 in shoes with a 6' 3.5" wingspan.

taller than i expected
    Last edited by Apollo; Tue May 24, 2011, 03:27 PM. Reason: Added combine interview video
    @sweatpantsjer

suddenly kemba at 5 is making more and more sense
    @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Nice one. I've always said he's not 5'10" as SOOO many have been saying. Its ridiculous.
      There's a reason he's listed at 6'1" on UConns website.

Comment

I probably could have put this in one of the general draft threads but I'm a rolling stone
        @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Not bad size, but I am still keeping my options open.

Any link?
          Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

Was off chad ford's twitter. There'll probably be a article or whatever a little later on I can link to.

That Morris pg out of Michigan has intriguing size. Didnt see many Michigan games though, no idea how he plays. Apparently he's tearing up workouts.
            @sweatpantsjer

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
              Was off chad ford's twitter. There'll probably be a article or whatever a little later on I can link to.

That Morris pg out of Michigan has intriguing size. Didnt see many Michigan games though, no idea how he plays. Apparently he's tearing up workouts.
              I followed him a bit throughout the year, he needs to improve his range but he can fill up a stat sheet. Good passer and shows confidence in his teammates.
              Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

Extremely capable defender as well

Edit: wait you're probably talking about Morris
                @sweatpantsjer

Comment

That puts all the rumours to bed. However, how much of an upgrade is he than Bayless? While I slowly warmed up to what Walker brings to the table - I do like his intangibles, that size of his and that jumpshot worries me. He'll have to work hard on that jumpshot. If Colangelo selects him, I'll back it. But if Williams drops and Kanter is around at 5 and Walker is the pick, I will admit that I'd be disappointed.

Comment

MangoKid wrote: View Post
                    That puts all the rumours to bed. However, how much of an upgrade is he than Bayless? While I slowly warmed up to what Walker brings to the table - I do like his intangibles, that size of his and that jumpshot worries me. He'll have to work hard on that jumpshot. If Colangelo selects him, I'll back it. But if Williams drops and Kanter is around at 5 and Walker is the pick, I will admit that I'd be disappointed.
                    Fully Agree.
                    I do not think that Kemba is necessarily the IDEAL pick for us, but I wouldn't be against it if we picked him.
                    I think there are other players that will fill a more apparent need, and as you said, if Kanter is available, then there shouldn't even be a question as to who we take.

Comment

Yeah I'd certainly take Kanter over him but it certainly makes the selection of walker a hell of a lot easier to stomach. He's a champion, and that's the type of guy we need.
                      @sweatpantsjer

Comment

If Walker is indeed the pick, you know that the selection would be welcomed by at least one of the members of this team (DeRozan). Calderon would have to be gone and I guess if you go small, you could always used Kemba at the 1, Bayless at the 2 and DeRozan at the 3. That would be a shitload of speed and athleticism on the court.

Comment

@sweatpantsjer

Comment

the cross over and pull up on the big pitt dude is still incredible to watch
                            @sweatpantsjer

Comment

To me its Kanter or nothing and BC knows that too.
                              NBADoppelgangers.tumblr.com

Comment

Working...
                              X