No announcement yet.

Draft Profile: Kemba Walker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So if Kanter is drafted ahead of us we should put our pick in the shredding machine?
    @sweatpantsjer

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
      So if Kanter is drafted ahead of us we should put our pick in the shredding machine?
      Damn right, hes missing piece for the Raptors this draft, everyone else is irrelevant.
      NBADoppelgangers.tumblr.com

Comment

Interesting
        @sweatpantsjer

Comment

e2thed wrote: View Post
          To me its Kanter or nothing and BC knows that too.
          Yeah, I pretty much echo that sentiment. I'm intrigued by Walker and Biyombo - if BC decides either of them are worthy of the pick I'd be on board...but Kanter would be the win of the draft if he fell to 5.

It's not impossible, particularly if the rumours are true that Utah really likes Brandon Knight enough to draft him. This makes sense to me, given they've got Favours, Jefferson and Millsap already manning the paint. Then it's a matter of what Cleveland does. Their biggest holes are on the wing. And when I say holes, I mean massive, gaping holes. I wouldn't be surprised if the Cavs took Jan Vesely at the 3...Kanter available when the Raps draft is not the most likely of scenario's, but it's certainly not the least likely.

Comment

First off I definitely want Kanter, and if he slips (assuming we haven't stolen Minny's pick) then BC better take him.

As for Kemba, I am still not sold, I like him to watch, don't want him on my team. I would however definitely look to pick up a later round pick to get Darius Morris. He is described as perhaps the best true PG in the draft, has good size, good playmaking and general offense, runs a team well, and would do well for a change of pace off the bench from Bayless the first couple of years. If Bayless doesn't establish then Morris could maybe become a starter down the road, but at the very least be a solid backup for years to come at worst imo. If we can grab a pick and take him I would be happy.

Comment

Let's see. A lot of forced shots, including when teammates were wide open. He's a PG, you say?

It would be ironic if he were picked, though. DeRozan idolized VInce Carter, Davis liked Bosh and Walker reminds me a hell of a lot of Damon Stoudamire.

I agree that Kanter is by far the best choice, if he's available. And if he's not, they should trade up to get him.
              Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
              Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

That's good news for Walker. One less red flag.

Kanter also measured out good.

Comment

Tim W. wrote: View Post
                  Let's see. A lot of forced shots, including when teammates were wide open. He's a PG, you say?

It would be ironic if he were picked, though. DeRozan idolized VInce Carter, Davis liked Bosh and Walker reminds me a hell of a lot of Damon Stoudamire.

I agree that Kanter is by far the best choice, if he's available. And if he's not, they should trade up to get him.
                  With PGs like Derrick Rose and Russell Westbrook being regarded as the Two best PGs in the league while shooting 25-30 shots a game, you can't really Fault a PG for being able to hit clutch shots anymore.

Kemba has shown to be more than capable in getting his teammates open shots.
                  HOWEVER, if your coach tells you to run the play and take the shot, then you run the play and take the shot. And thats what Kemba was dealing with.
                  If he had passed more, then they would have lost more.

Comment

Could be that I just watched the last few games, but I do really enjoy Bayless' game. Sort of like a Russell Westbrook type but is actually open to criticism. If we draft Kemba I say flip him for some vet help. Let the Jose/Bayless combo ride for one more season to see if we it can work.

Comment

I've been one of the adamant supporters of Calderon on this site for the last couple of years, however I think that there is little doubt that he'll be a part of the future. with 2 years left on his contract he'd have to sign another one with us to be around when we make a playoff push 3-5 years down the road. It's not that I don't like Calderon it's just that to improve this team we have to give something up to get something back. Calderon is one of the pieces I think we HAVE to be willing to give up. I'd still keep Kemba and let him develop for two years and see where he is at. If he is great awesome, if he is just an okay backup then he can be used as trade bait at that point. If he's a huge bust then you just don't resign him when his rookie contract is up.
                      "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

Tim W. wrote: View Post
                        I think what you meant to say was that it specifically wouldn't be ironic. Ironic would be like if you picked him to be your PG, but he ended up leading your team in turnovers, rebounds and blocked shots. What you describe above is more like "par for the course," or "typical."

Comment

Walker HAD to take a lot of shots, and only 2 of those actually looked forced-a bunch of them were with the clock running down.

If I had to choose over Walker or Knight, I'd take Walker without question. If we take Walker, then we should move Calderon (inb4 But he can run an offense (but not nearly enough to make up for his defense)). If we take Knight then we should keep Calderon, move Bayless or Barbosa and bring him along slowly. I don't want us to draft either of them, and I don't want Kanter because I doubt that he'll be a very good defender

Comment

That move that Walker pulls at 1:29 or so...sweet though it is...is that not a travel? He picks up his dribble with the hop step. Then takes another step after the pump fake. Isn't the hop step already two steps?

Comment

Fun fact: 85% of North Americans don't know what ironic means. Just ask Alanis Morissette.
                              @sweatpantsjer

Comment

"It's a crab-step" - Lebron James
                                @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Working...
                                X