No announcement yet.

Brandon Jennings Available

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jennings and Derozan are childhood friends its different, I can see their chemistry to be similar to VC and T-Mac. Brandon can defend better than Jose, hes got more quickness then Bayless and he can take tough shots.
    If we get him we can draft Jonas and have a great starting lineup.
    NBADoppelgangers.tumblr.com

Comment

brandon jennings definitely has talent and he can learn to curtail his shooting habit i would definitely consider trading for him.
      maybe this would be a good trade i would only give up our pick if we got bogut too.http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMa...radeId=3fqew6m
      ya dun noe

Comment

JalenRose5 wrote: View Post
        If we can get Brandon Jennings and pair him up with Derozan in the back court that would be amazing! I wouldn't mind getting Maggette from them either. I'm not a fan of Salmons after he ditched toronto and signed with the Kings instead. Maggette can still score 20 points a game, he attacks the rim, and consistently gets to the free throw line.
        Yes, because Jennings and Maggette are such a winning combination.
        Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
        Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Scott Skiles is one of my fav. coaches. Defense is his priority. Maggette landed on his bench and it seems Jennings is not playing upto the coach's needs. I would be careful. And since when has DD achieved consideration in trade scenarios acquiring a friend. I want a "team" not a two man forced game to the detriment of the rest of the team/locker room.

Comment

Tim W. wrote: View Post
            Yes, because Jennings and Maggette are such a winning combination.
            they've won more than the Raptors have in the last two years, with less talent around them, so I guess your statement holds true.

All I know is, anything is an improvement to what we have right now.

Comment

JalenRose5 wrote: View Post
              they've won more than the Raptors have in the last two years, with less talent around them, so I guess your statement holds true.

All I know is, anything is an improvement to what we have right now.
              Well, Milwaukee got worse when they traded for Maggette last summer, and there is no way Toronto has more talent than Milwaukee. And the idea is not just to get better. That's easy. The skill is being able to improve and continue to improve until you're a contender. And you're not going to be able to do that with Maggette and possibly not Jennings.

And I'm not sure if Maggette is an improvement. You know he has almost as much interest in defense as Bargnani does, don't you?
              Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
              Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

e2thed wrote: View Post
                Ha, just trade Jose and the TPE, Jose is killing the Raptors with his turnovers and bad defense at the PG position, I'd take Jennings over Bayless any day of the week. Salmons contract isn't that bad, and the bucks need a pass first PG anyways. Thats why that team has the worst offense in the league last season, Jennings chucking up shots like Westbrick.
                To me it seems like Jennings did that on purpose to become expandable, like come on who wants to play basketball in Milwaukee.
                jose killing the raps with his turnovers lmfao
                "the raptors were my fav team growing up"-kevin durant

Comment

i wouldn't make that trade...the guy already refused to work out for us...doubt he would wanna come here
                  "the raptors were my fav team growing up"-kevin durant

Comment

Jennings and DeRozan interview from HoopsTV.

Comment

The last thing the Raptors need is a diminutive PG with a poor outside shoot who is in love with his own jumper. I used to be a Maggette fan, but for every positive (post-up offense, free throw machine) there's a lot more serious negatives (no defense, black hole on offense). Especially for a young team.

I like Jennings fine. But I don't want to see the Raptors trade for him and another crummy contract. I'd rather pay Jose for two more years at 10 million than Maggette.
                      You can find me on Twitter.

Comment

Tortacular wrote: View Post
                        The last thing the Raptors need is a diminutive PG with a poor outside shoot who is in love with his own jumper.
                        It's funny. For a second, I thought you were talking about Kemba Walker.
                        Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

I don't mind the idea of Jennings playing for the Raps, but I wouldn't give up much to make it happen. I think Jennings is a better player than he's been in Milwaukee, playing under Skiles isn't exactly easy on rookies. I'd also attribute his low field goal percentage to the talent and systems he's working in more than I would his skill level. Sure he has bad shot selection, but in that offense he has a responsibility to try to bail them out far more often than he should have to. Playing alongside a guy he'd probably really enjoy setting up and running the break with in DeRozan, a sweet shooting big man in Bargs and a very good pick and roll big in Amir Johnson and he might have more success.

All that being said, he probably isn't going to be the franchise player you need. So unless you're giving up very little, this is kind of a step sideways at a bad time. You've got Bayless, who seems to be better as a starter than as a backup and may just need a starting gig to break out. There's a very good chance you're drafting a point guard at 5 unless it goes in the trade. And if you give up significant talent and/or take on contract there's a very good chance you're going to be stuck in 6-10th place limbo at best.

Now if a deal included shipping Bargs out and bringing back an unprotected first round pick in next year's draft, then count me in.

Comment

Jennings? You mean the inefficient, turnover prone, shooting guard mentality but has a PGs sized body, I've never met a shot I don't like PG from the bucks? And the Raps can take him along with Corey "Bargnani" Magette? Or Drew "How do you like my contract now" Gooden?

Fans are actually talking about this like its a good idea? And want to give up a top 5 draft pick and a reliable PG in Jose to boot?

HAHAHAHAHAHA

Brandon Jennings in 2 years has shot a combined 37.9% from the field. 37.9!! On almost 15 shots a game!! 37.9%!!!! Averaged 5 assists against those 15 shots. Averaged over 2 turnovers on those 5 assists! The guy is quick... thats all.

Next long term franchise killing trade proposal pls........

Comment

GarbageTime wrote: View Post
                              Jennings? You mean the inefficient, turnover prone, shooting guard mentality but has a PGs sized body, I've never met a shot I don't like PG from the bucks? And the Raps can take him along with Corey "Bargnani" Magette? Or Drew "How do you like my contract now" Gooden?

Fans are actually talking about this like its a good idea? And want to give up a top 5 draft pick and a reliable PG in Jose to boot?

HAHAHAHAHAHA

Brandon Jennings in 2 years has shot a combined 37.9% from the field. 37.9!! On almost 15 shots a game!! 37.9%!!!! Averaged 5 assists against those 15 shots. Averaged over 2 turnovers on those 5 assists! The guy is quick... thats all.

Next long term franchise killing trade proposal pls........
                              Yeah, tell us about it. I agree with the overall sentiment that Milwaukee is not more talented than the Raps. When healthy though, they have a beast of a center and a heck of a tough coach. They can keep Jennings in my opinion. Having to bring along the likes of Gooden, Salmons and Maggette makes me cringe just as much. Bayless, as much as he drove me mad last year, had flashes of hope. I'm waiting for the draft to take place. Something tells me that Colangelo will be making moves. No more franchise killing suggestions please.
                              “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

We don't want to just improve, anyone can improve this team from such an extreme; what we want is to improve in such a way that our core continues to grow and improve without a high personnel turnover. Putting in temporary players that will help for so long and then must be discarded can only add to uncertainty and discontent. Sure there will always be trades, but its important to get some sort of a core in place so that we have some structure for further tinkering.

I think some hard decisions need to be made, and I am waiting for Bryan to make them.
                                Last edited by MyMomLovesMe; Mon May 23, 2011, 10:31 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X