No announcement yet.

Draft Profile: Tristan Thompson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I realize the complications of bringing in Tristan Thompson and the log jam it will create at PF, but it would be pretty neat having a local boy play for the team. I guess there's always Kabongo next year.
    Never, under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night.

Comment

wait, whats the difference between wingspan and reach?
      @sweatpantsjer

Comment

RaptorDan wrote: View Post
        I realize the complications of bringing in Tristan Thompson and the log jam it will create at PF, but it would be pretty neat having a local boy play for the team. I guess there's always Kabongo next year.
        Maybe even a sleeper pick like Andrew Nicholson http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s1NcIOl5l3s
        Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
          width of shoulders
          NBADoppelgangers.tumblr.com

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
            Wingspan is the measurement when you stretch out both arms horizontally to the sides and measure straight across from fingertip to fingertip. Reach is a term used in many combat sports which means the same thing as wingspan. Unless of course you are talking about standing reach, which I believe is a measurement from bottom to top with your arms straight up vertically in the air.

Or a better way to put it, as I just read:

Standing reach is the measure of how high an athlete can reach while standing flat-footed

Standing reach is measured by having players stand against a wall and marking the highest point he or she can touch. That number is then subtracted from the highest point the player can touch when jumping to generate his or her "vertical jump" measurement.
            Last edited by Tank; Thu May 26, 2011, 06:01 PM.

Comment

I really like Thompson's game and attitude. I think he's going to be a good pro and will make an impact on the defensive end from his first season on. The Raptors clearly don't need another PF but the talk of TT going to Detroit is interesting. A frontcourt duo of Monroe-Thompson would be nice, although they'd still have to wrestle the ball away from the Charlie V - Gordon - Stuckey triumvirate.

Comment

Working...
              X