Draft Profile: Jonas Valanciunas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

saints91 wrote: View Post
    The money works when we get rid of Reggie. The Raps and Jazz both have cap room to take on salary
    After July 1st, yes both teams have cap space.

Comment

Or Bargs and Bayless for and next years #1 for Jefferson and their 12th
      Most of these comments should be in the Trade Forum.

Comment

As much as I would have liked Kanter with the 3rd, I'm just as happy with the thought of Bismack with the 5th. He's probably not going to be very good for the first year or two, but realistically the Raps are going to need another shot at finding a franchise player in the draft anyway, and being at least top-8 bad next year will help. But in terms of an asset that every team in the league can use, a defensive center with freakish length and a good motor is right up near the top of the list. In a draft where you're probably not going to find a significant piece of your future at the 5th spot, at least take the best asset.

Comment

That being said... could Jefferson be available from the Jazz? They lessen pay role and pick Kanter. Their second pick could be Fredette. I guess it's wide open.

I don't think we have the pieces to pull off a Jefferson trade. It would be awesome though!
          Because the Raptors need another scoring big man who doesn't play defense? Can we just please rule out trading for any big man who is not a good defender? Please?
          Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
          Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Tim W. wrote: View Post
            Because the Raptors need another scoring big man who doesn't play defense? Can we just please rule out trading for any big man who is not a good defender? Please?
            I agree; whats with all the love for Jefferson?

Comment

RealGM has Kanter dropping to 5th and the Raptors taking him there. I would like to choose that option, please.
              Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
              Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

RaptorDan wrote: View Post
                Valanciunas seems awesome. Hopefully the buyout is small (does anyone know the buyout? I haven't been able to find any info on this.) and that he actually wants to come to the NBA. Kleiza should help with Jonas immensely. I say, with the 5th - do it! Book 'em Dan-Oh.
                Chad Ford is saying that the european contract is going to be a sticking point, and that Jonas may not be available for a season or more.

Comment

I don't see Kanter dropping to 5, especially in a weak draft.

I also don't see Colangelo selecting a Euro big. No telling when they would be able to suit up and he needs to pick a player that is a 'safer' pick and someone that can help this team now and over the next few years as the talent dearth on this team is a huge issue.

Have a feeling you are going to see Walker, Burcs or Knight in a Raps uniform next year.

Comment

I hate this draft because there is about a 5% chance that the number 3 pick is a starter, never mind the #5. If there is a silver lining here, someone let me know. Kanter should be gone, but who knows? Utah needs help at C and he'd fit their system and help with Jeffersons hustle and defensive deficiencies. He could go as high as 2. Cleveland needs help everywhere except PF (JJ and Andy V, maybe a C this year) so you have no idea where they'll go at either 1 or 4. Minny just sucks and doesn't know how to handle their best player (K Love) or their prima donna incoming PG who, in my estimation, is gonna be a wicked bust. With the genius David Kahn running the show, they'll inevitably screw up. Ahhhh, why can't I be a Bulls fan? So much easier....

Comment

hahah... funny bro (wait, we have the 5th pick... that's even funnier)

Comment

Kahn is really good at screwing up everyone's mock draft.

Bottom line, Walker or Knight should be available at #5 and the Raps gotta take one of em IMO.
                        Eh follow my TWITTER!

Comment

sleepz wrote: View Post
                          I don't see Kanter dropping to 5, especially in a weak draft.

I also don't see Colangelo selecting a Euro big. No telling when they would be able to suit up and he needs to pick a player that is a 'safer' pick and someone that can help this team now and over the next few years as the talent dearth on this team is a huge issue.

Have a feeling you are going to see Walker, Burcs or Knight in a Raps uniform next year.
                          I hope not. None of those guys have the upside the Raptors desperately need. Screw the "help the team now" strategy. The Raptors need the best player 3-5 years from now.
                          Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Best player 3 years from now..Knight could be that guy, but the Jazz seem to be smitten with him. I don't really have faith in Walker. You never knows what happens with Valancuinas and how he pans out or if he'll ever come over (maybe another Fran Vazquez situation) and Biyombo is an enigma. Could Vesely be the guy? Or Leonard? I wouldn't be upset if Leonard is the guy we get. At least we know that he's a tremedous athlete and plays D right out of the gate.

Comment

I can't see Kanter falling to 5. However, stranger things have happened. If Minnesota passes on him at 2, I can't see Utah or Cleveland picking him up.

Comment

The hype does not make sense right now, no combine, no workouts. Kanter at 2 seems odd and risky to me.

I would take Williams at that position without hesitation.

All these internationals get extra hype around draft time. If you recall history, Rubbio wasn't going to last till 3, and he went 5th. Heard the same talk with Yi, and even Rudy Fernandez. They were all going to take the league by storm. It just seems that the players that are unknown quantaties always enjoy more hype.
                                Last edited by MyMomLovesMe; Wed May 18, 2011, 02:20 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X