Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Draft Profile: Jonas Valanciunas

Here we go:

Analysis: Many NBA scouts insist that Valanciunas could be the best international player in the draft. While Raptors president Bryan Colangelo hasn't been afraid to gamble on European players in the past, there are concerns about the buyout terms of Valanciunas' contract -- some teams are skeptical that he'll be in the NBA for the next few years. Still, he appears to be the most likely choice for the Raptors.

Arsenalist wrote: View Post
    Here we go:
    Valanciunas seems awesome. Hopefully the buyout is small (does anyone know the buyout? I haven't been able to find any info on this.) and that he actually wants to come to the NBA. Kleiza should help with Jonas immensely. I say, with the 5th - do it! Book 'em Dan-Oh.
    Never, under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night.

Comment

no more euros im sick and tired of them, i say we trade this pick we need some experience
      ya dun noe

Comment

I don't know if I'm sold on this guy. I've only seen him on YouTube though so who knows, I'm not gonna pretend like I've seen any more... But what position do you guys envision him playing? I guess if he adds some weight he'd be at the C? I think the team looks fine at PF with Amir and Ed.

Comment

go download the NBA today podcast where they preview all the top players in the draft, they do an amazing job of telling you why, no team should touch this guy with that high of a pick

Comment

RaptorDan wrote: View Post
            Valanciunas seems awesome. Hopefully the buyout is small (does anyone know the buyout? I haven't been able to find any info on this.) and that he actually wants to come to the NBA. Kleiza should help with Jonas immensely. I say, with the 5th - do it! Book 'em Dan-Oh.
            Whatever the buyout is, we can't offer more than $500k.

I'm not that big on Valanciunas. He fouls at a concerning rate, even in the Euroleague, and if you watch his videos, he gets away with fouls that would be called in the NBA. I'm worried he won't be playing more than 10-15 minutes per game his first few seasons.

Comment

isnt this bargs 2.0?
              ya dun noe

Comment

Hassan wrote: View Post
                isnt this bargs 2.0?
                Uh, no? But thanks for showing us that you know absolutely NOTHING about the players you're advising us to not draft, except that he's European.

Comment

Quixotic wrote: View Post
                  Uh, no? But thanks for showing us that you know absolutely NOTHING about the players you're advising us to not draft, except that he's European.
                  Thanks for the info. I didn't know we could only offer $500,000. I realize he is a project, but he does have a lot of potential. His ceiling is pretty high. But man, what a weak draft. We will find out everyone's true basketball chops at the pre-draft workouts. My opinion is pretty high on this guy though.
                  Never, under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night.

Comment

Hopefully we don't get him.

RaptorDan wrote: View Post
                    Thanks for the info. I didn't know we could only offer $500,000. I realize he is a project, but he does have a lot of potential. His ceiling is pretty high. But man, what a weak draft. We will find out everyone's true basketball chops at the pre-draft workouts. My opinion is pretty high on this guy though.
                    If we are going to get a "project" it should be Bismack. He's younger, more ability defensively and freakish athleticism.

Comment

chad ford's mock draft from 2010 http://slumz.boxden.com/f16/espn-cha...draft-1369080/

the guy is not accurate at all

Comment

If he really is going to stay in Europe for a couple of more years, I don't see him going in the top ten. Look at what happened to Splitter's stock when he was drafted. That said, I would have no problem if the Raptors drafted him and he didn't come right away. They aren't doing anything next year, anyway.
                        Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                        Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

RaptorsFan4Life wrote: View Post
                          Hopefully we don't get him.

If we are going to get a "project" it should be Bismack. He's younger, more ability defensively and freakish athleticism.
                          Or Bismark could be older. We just don't know, do we?
                          Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                          Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

grindhouse wrote: View Post
                            chad ford's mock draft from 2010 http://slumz.boxden.com/f16/espn-cha...draft-1369080/

the guy is not accurate at all
                            He was as close as anyone with that draft. And that was a full two months beforehand. I'd say he was pretty damn accurate, quite frankly, considering.
                            Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Its true, we have no idea how old Bismack is.

Comment

Working...
                              X