No announcement yet.

Chad Ford Mock Draft 3.0: Raptors select Jan Vesely

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Im going to say it now ... whether or not the Raps pick Vesely .... he is going to be on sports center very often .... If we're going to go for any European, aside from maybe Kanter, Id go with Vesely ...

I think in an interview he said he played PF ... but then an opening in the starting line up opened up at the SF ... so the coach put him in there ... and he has been playing there ever since ...

Someone compared him as the European Durant ... after watching his highlights ... I can definitely see the comparison based on athleticism and size ...

I like his energy ... and he brings an "edge" that I haven't seen anyone in Raps uniform have in a long time ...

Don't sleep on this guy!!!

Comment

Guarding flip murray you say
      @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Euro Durant??? Please. How's his 3pt. shot to start with? He is not a shooter from what I can read or see. If anything he might be a compared to a Kirilenko but..... I think he is a reach unless he has improved his shot.

Comment

Durant came into the league with a more complete offensize game than most veterans. This guy can dunk and is tall i guess.
          @sweatpantsjer

Comment

He's a 6'11 Spud Webb!
            Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
            Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

He's pretty much Kirilenko with hops. I'll take a pass on him. I don't see his offense translating well into the NBA and he already seems turnover prone. Definitely not worth a top 5 pick.

Comment

Macc wrote: View Post
                He's pretty much Kirilenko with hops. I'll take a pass on him. I don't see his offense translating well into the NBA and he already seems turnover prone. Definitely not worth a top 5 pick.
                You think he's Kirilenko with hops and you'd STILL take a pass on him? If he was Kirilenko with hops I might very well take him third.
                Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

I have serious doubts that Vesely is being given real consideration at 5. I've obviously got no proof, but this screams smokescreen to me. It's just too early to be taking this kind of insider crap seriously.

Comment

No Vesely. Just stop it Chad..

Comment

If he was AK-47 "with hops" uh... I'd take him gladly. AK could defend 1-5 in his prime. This guy can't even guard 3s, even when that is a position he could allegedly play.

I am taking this projection lightly, given Ford's usual infatuation with European talent.
                      You can find me on Twitter.

Comment

What does everyone here expect of this weak draft? this is a two person draft and even the experts say that Irving will be nothing more then solid for his NBA career. There is no way the Raptors are going to get a franchise player in this draft so why not just swing for the fences in the form of a Euro. Or would you really like to draft nothing more then a North American role player like Leonard or Chris Singleton. Vesely IS A EURO BUT HE DOESN"T PLAY LIKE A EURO. Not to mention nearly every prospect needs to work on their D when they get into the NBA.

What I see from Vesely is a 6'11 uber athletic forward who is 21...the kid has not fully developed yet, as a GM I'd rather be developing a young 6'11 SF rather then a young 6'7 SF who spent the last year playing against lesser competition.
                        Opinionated blog about current NBA news and our very own Toronto Raptors
                        http://cantfightthehustle.wordpress.com

Comment

Most teams who draft based on size and athleticism, with a lack of real skill right now end up drafting busts. As a GM, I'd rather be developing a player who has shown a lot of ability and know how on offense and defense. 6'7" is not small for a SF, it's actually pretty normal.

From what I've read Vesely is an over sized SF and an athletic freak but he can't shoot, can't create on his own and his man to man defense is so bad that teams routinely call iso on him to expose his weaknesses.

If you're a big supporter of Vesely then you're a big supporter of drafting a high risk project. There are guys who will be available at #5 with just as much potential, who are more skilled and less risk.

Comment

theres players in the bottom end of the draft id take over vesely. he screams bust to me.
                            @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Here's another reason not to pick him....he thinks himself as a PF in the nba. Based on bodyweight alone (215) and no postup moves I have detected, these would be big red flags. Example, Bargs is now very vocal (see The Star) about the fact he is being made to play out of position. Presumably BC dragged him kicking and screaming to sign the 5 yr. deal to play as a centre. Wonder why he did not refuse.

http://www.slamonline.com/online/nba...the-nba-draft/

Comment

An earlier Q&A chat with Chad Ford on ESPN:

Rob (Toronto):

Q.If you were Bryan Colangelo, who would you pick at #5? Point guard of the future or low post presence?

Chad Ford (1:29 PM):

A.They really need both so ... plus more help at the 3. You take the best player available and make the adjustments ... in free agency. At 5 ... it's probably a Euro ... I know that won't be popular with Raptors fans, but now that Colangelo has an extension, I don't think he's worrying as much.

Comment

Working...
                                X