Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tank wrote: View Post
    An earlier Q&A chat with Chad Ford on ESPN:
    He forgot the word "ignorant" before "Raptors Fans".
    Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
    Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

ford is such a maroon sometimes
      @sweatpantsjer

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
        ford is such a maroon sometimes
        What's a "maroon"?
        Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
        Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

@sweatpantsjer

Comment

Tim W. wrote: View Post
            What's a "maroon"?
            "Moron" in 1950's cartoon language?

Comment

He forgot the word "ignorant" before "Raptors Fans".
              Totally agree.

Comment

Chad Ford's track record with Euros is so bad I just roll my eyes at this point when he starts talking about some kid he's seen on tape for 5 minutes.

Nikoloz Tskitishvili 2.0, anybody?
                You can find me on Twitter.

Comment

Vesely is an Austin Daye 2.0, I'll pass thank you.
                  -"You can’t run from me. I mean, my heart don’t bleed Kool-Aid."
                  -"“I ain’t no diva! I don’t have no blond hair, red hair. I’m Reggie Evans.”

Comment

Raptorsss wrote: View Post
                    Vesely is an Austin Daye 2.0, I'll pass thank you.
                    Other than their size, I don't see the similarities at all.
                    Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

At 6’11″, Vesely is an absolutely intriguing European prospect because of his combination of crazy length and leaping ability. He’s an aerial act with an excellent vertical leap and often found on the receiving end of the alley-oop. At 240 lb.s already, its hard to imagine that with his wiry thin frame he will be able to put on much more muscle without it affecting his quickness and leaping ability, which is unfortunate. Nonetheless, he uses his athlete gifts very effectively to excel with his great motor and hustle play on both ends of the floor. On offense he’s a decent ball handler capable of busting a move on his man and burning him to the basket, but seems to prefer his right hand most of the time. Has a pretty nice crossover, but doesn’t seem super confident with his ball skills to go one on one that often. Good quickness driving to the basket, but it often seems like its either dunk or bust, usually opting not to take a runner of pull up jumper if he gets the closed off. Excels in catch and shoot situations by getting open without the ball in his hands and aggressively cutting to the basket or running off screens. When he does get the open look he’s more than happy to take it and can knock down the jumper from just about anywhere on the floor. Has an excellent fundamental shot that should ease his adjustment to knocking down the depth of NBA 3. On defense he’s a ball hawk and playmaker in getting steals and blocks thanks to his quickness, leaping ability and length. Has keen defensive instincts to hone in on getting help side blocks when his man gets beat, and blocks more perimeter shots than the average defender. Has average lateral quickness for a guy his size, but more than makes up with it in length and motor. Plays hard and aggressive man to man, applying tough pressure defense when his man has the ball and does an excellent job closing out and contesting shooters. Likely will struggle against the better athletes and quicker forwards of the league, but should be fine for the most part. An outstanding rebounder because of his length, athletic gifts, and flat out hustle tracking down loose boards. However, will have to be grittier to be effective in the NBA or will get pushed around and be unable to secure the ball against stronger players who could pry it away from him, which is where adding strength comes in. Developing some moves in the post and has a nice step through move, but not able to capitalize on his size advantage in the post due to a lack of refined moves. Strikes as a player with great hustle and energy in the league, but probably will never be a true star or difference maker down the stretch in big games. Projects mostly as a hustle role player and defensive playmaker, and should be a very good one. He’s a versatile player that can find a role on any team with his gifts on both ends of the court and projects as a mid-late lottery pick in the 2011 NBA Draft.
                      Jan Vesely Profile on swishscout.com

http://swishscout.com/?page_id=1897
                      @Chr1st1anL

Comment

after watching him live during the combine and seeing the other experts expressions at how ridiculous his opinions are I don't want to see another mock draft from this clown. I have never seen some contradict themselves so much

Comment

grindhouse wrote: View Post
                          after watching him live during the combine and seeing the other experts expressions at how ridiculous his opinions are I don't want to see another mock draft from this clown. I have never seen some contradict themselves so much
                          He's made a few very public mistakes, but he's still annually the most accurate predictor of the NBA draft.
                          Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Other than their size, I don't see the similarities at all.
                            Both are awfully gangly 6.11'' who can't guard the 3 or the 4 position well, are fairly weak with mediocre shooting at best.

Vesely and Valanciunas have the same problem, in that they don't have NBA ready bodies and will make this defense worse. Val is too weak to bang for rebounds, low b-ball IQ and is a foul machine (a lot like Amir when he first came into the league.) But oh, the kid has 'potential' sorry we drafted Bargs, with similar credentials I'll pass.

So, Chad likes Vesely because he's an unusually athletic European, who likes to dunk the ball. Where do I sign up /sarcasm. So, the kid is young plays big minutes in the Euro league, but can't beat the other teams best defender. But the kid is athletic, right? Beating slow undersized european players shouldn't be a problem.

If the kid had a shooting game and a high b-ball IQ I'd consider him, but the 5 spot is way too high. Let the Wizards take him at the 6th spot.

I'd rather sign Kirilenko then draft this kid.
                            -"You can’t run from me. I mean, my heart don’t bleed Kool-Aid."
                            -"“I ain’t no diva! I don’t have no blond hair, red hair. I’m Reggie Evans.”

Comment

A different opinion
                              @Chr1st1anL

Comment

2011 draft

Colengelo has to get Knight in this draft or get out while you can and trade this pick away for next season which is a STACKED draft. I have nothing against european players but im sorry to say I cant handle another euro project or a big white stiff . I want athletes like Brandon Knight, Kawhi leonard.

Comment

Working...
                                X