Thorn: Bosh Could Be On The Move Within Next 5 Weeks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thorn: Bosh Could Be On The Move Within Next 5 Weeks

The "lovable" New Jersey Nets GM Rod Thorn feels that some of the big names of the 2010 summer sweepstakes could be on move before the deadline in the next 5 weeks.

Considering the turn of fortunes here in Toronto within the last month, any chance Bosh might perhaps been gone soon?

Rod Thorn thinks some of the big names of the 2010 market will, in fact, be on the move in the next five weeks.

“I think there is a possibility, yes,” Thorn said.

Specifically, one of the top five or six free agents from that market?

“I think there’s a possibility there, yes.”

Are you getting into that game?

“Uh…don’t know.”

But if you were, you’d need some guarantees. . . .theoretically.

“I can’t say that. But if you make a deal for an expiring free agent of the major variety, you’d have to feel your chances were very good to re-sign that player.”

Interpret that as you may, but we'd say Bosh-Watchers should be right around DEFCON-3 right now.
    Source - Click here

Sure why not :eye-roll:
    Last name ever, first name greatest

Comment

Maybe Rod wants CB4 for the two S. Williamses and Hump. Thinks Babcock is still here.

Comment

hahaha yeah right Thorn! we don't have Babcock to trade our star player for spare parts!

We got Colangelo who will also throw in a first rounder and will accept expiring contracts with unmoveable contracts.....

Comment

Sources say the Raptors will not consider moving Bosh before next month's trade deadline unless Bosh tells them he definitely will not return to Toronto next season.

Toronto's Plan A has always been to re-sign Bosh. However, in considering all possibilities, the club has had internal discussions about Plans B and C, which would include trying to get as good a big man as possible for Bosh (if re-signing him was out of the question).
          ESPN.com

Comment

If anyone should be moved its Rod Thorn.

What an extreme waste he has made of the franchise since he let K-Mart walk. The VC and Anderson trade for Lee, Alston, Battie was one of the worst trades ever.
            Especially now that they bought out Alston who was one of the only players playing hard for the Nets.
            “The choices you make in life, make you.” - John Wooden
            twitter - scoutingbball

Comment

Excuse me scoutingball, please focus your attention here:

The Toronto Raptors announced Friday they have acquired forward Eric Williams, forward/centre Aaron Williams and centre Alonzo Mourning, along with two first-round draft picks from the New Jersey Nets in exchange for Vince Carter.
              NBA.com

I hate the Nets, dating back to Babcock getting fleeced out of our franchise.
              RaptorsRepublic.com

Sadly Jalen, the Raptors did not pry any comparable talent away from the New Jersey Nets when trading 7-time All-Star, former Slam Dunk Champion, and arguably the most popular player in the post-Jordan era of the NBA. They did however get 2 draft picks, 2 career journeymen, and a $10 million a year centre whom team doctors would not allow to play. Not mentioned in the press was that GM Rob Babcock received a giant wedgie from Nets GM Rod Thorn as well.
              Paris Hilton put more consideration into giving up her virginity. After the trade was announced, many Native Americans exclaimed, "Whoa, now that's a bad deal!"
              If you're going to so injure a franchise by making a trade such as this, why not just NOT make a trade?
              The Flagrancy

I don't know if its your motto but I believe that if a man totally humiliates your ball club you don't turn around and attempt to call that man an idiot. What Thorn is doing is called a rebuild. They're not all that pretty and we Raptors fans of all people should be able to appreciate that given that most of the team's 15 year history has been a rebuild.
              Last edited by Apollo; Tue Jan 12, 2010, 08:16 PM.

Comment

Apollo, bad trade talent-wise? Yes, but for a second consider the amount of flexibility it got us. Forget that we wasted the two first-round picks (not Babcock's fault), but it set the table for Colangelo to do his 2006-07 things.

I was opposed to the trade for the same reasons as everyone else, but I believe Babcock when he says that it was the best deal anyone was offering at the time. I think Babcock had designs on rebuilding that summer but never got the chance, he made the move which would allow him to rebuild but got fired before he could.

Comment

Arsenalist, no it did not set up Colangelo to do his thing in 2006-2007. Wayne Embry's Jalen Rose/Antonio Davis trade set the stage for Colangelo. That trade cleared $18M. Babcock got totally fleeced by Thorn. He received three players and a couple late round picks. Two of those players didn't want to be in Toronto and one of the two made it clearly obvious before the deal even happened. So when they pulled the trigger they had to pay that guy, Mourning, $10M to go away. Then you had Eric Williams demand out. Aaron Williams collected dust, making not impact on the club. Everyone knows the draft is a crap shoot and once you enter the back end of the draft things become even more difficult. So lets recap here. Vince Carter for A guy they paid $10M to go away, a stiff who was a cancer in the locker room, another stiff and two chances on the roulette wheel. That is crap and you can go ahead and put a positive spin on it but at the end of the day Babcock got hosed and at the time the Raptors were the laughing stock of the league because of it and it knocked them back years and it did not set the stage for Colangelo, the Knicks charity donation did that.
                  Last edited by Apollo; Wed Jan 13, 2010, 07:42 AM.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                    Excuse me scoutingball, please focus your attention here:
                    That's nice and all but what have the Nets really done since that trade?
                    Sure they beat us in the play-offs once. But they haven't done anything. So yea they pulled our pants down on the VC trade but they got their karma with their VC trade.

They've gone from no on one in the stands (prior to VC) then some people in the stands (having VC) now they are back to no one in the stands with some nice rookie contracts. Sure rebuilding is nice but other then Devin Harris and Lopez they have some role players. Not exactly rebuilding material. Now maybe they'll have some dough for free agency but who really wants to go to the Nets? WHO?

Pretty sure they are on pace to have one of the worst NBA seasons ever and sure some of that is due to injury but a lot of it is due to personnel.

I'd rather be mediocre then stinking it up worse then a garbage dump.

The quotes were nice and all but Thorn is still garbage.
                    “The choices you make in life, make you.” - John Wooden
                    twitter - scoutingbball

Comment

They went to the finals in 2003 and took the Spurs to game 6. Can you posts some gate numbers to support your claim? They've had far more success this decade than the Raptors have.

Comment

Working...
                      X