Three Team Blockbuster Trade Rumor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Faux-ID wrote: View Post
    How is it irrelevant? Comparing two players involves comparing similar points in their careers.
    It's irrelevant because we were talking about what people were saying when Bargnani was drafted. I wasn't talking about present time and how he's paned out.

Comment

• Tim W. wrote: View Post
      That goes out the window when you're trading for a better player. Just look at the draft. Oden over Durant. Bogut over Chris Paul (and Deron Williams). Bibby over Olowakandi. Hell, Bargnani over Rudy Gay. If The Raptors had taken RUdy Gay in the first place, they wouldn't have been in this position. Gay is simply a better player. And despite being shorter, he rebounds at about the same rate and is a better shot blocker than Bargnani. So what does getting 3 more inches really do for the Raptors?
      I totally agree... but the saying is still there. I have no problems at all if other clubs choose to see Andrea for his size. (in fact I am counting on it)

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
        It's irrelevant because we were talking about what people were saying when Bargnani was drafted. I wasn't talking about present time.
        I think we can both agree that Bargnani had a better rookie season than Dirk. But this started with me talking about the league possibly seeing Bargnani now, the way we saw him in 2006, in which you mentioned him being as talented as Dirk as a rookie. It's only natural I'd expand on that and start comparing them up to their 5th year.

Comment

• THIS WILL NOT HAPPEN. Sorry guys, but this has to be the dumbest rumour ever.

Comment

• dboogie wrote: View Post
            THIS WILL NOT HAPPEN. Sorry guys, but this has to be the dumbest rumour ever.

Comment

• So it's pretty safe to say this is just a rumor through that one website right? I didnt read anything yesterday anywhere else.

Sad.
              @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
                So it's pretty safe to say this is just a rumor through that one website right? I didnt read anything yesterday anywhere else.

Sad.
                Email it to BC

Comment

• Dr Hannibal Lecter wrote: View Post
                  Why?

Very simple..his contract is ridiculous...Kobe Bryant money..
                  Not gonna happend...
                  Matt52 wrote: View Post
                  I agree the trade won't happen but Kobe makes $25M, $28M, and $30.5M over the next three years in his twilight years; Gay makes $15, $16.5, $18, $19.5 over the next four in his prime.

Don't forget, I don't think this will happen either. HOWEVER,

Would you rather pay Barganani, Calderon, Barbosa (who led a 22 win team this year):

$26M in 2011-2012
                  $20.5M in 2012-2013

Posey, Jones, Gay:

$24.5 in 2011-2012
                  $19.5 in 2012-2013

Just something to think about.

I'd rather pay Gay and put the extra money in to a proper C.

Thanks for posting this... When I read the "kobe bryant" money, i went WHAT?!?!?!

so just to add a few more details:

KOBE made 24.8 THIS YEAR the cheapest year of his contract.
                  GAY will make 19.3 in the final and most expensive year of his contract.

KOBE will be paid 108.3 over FOUR years
                  GAY will be paid 82.2 over FIVE years

Gay will get paid 26.1 million less than kobe playing even though he will be playing an extra year.

Not saying that gay is or is not overpaid, but i think we can safely say that he is not making kobe bryant money.
                  "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

• not to mention gay is about to hit his prime and kobe is a couple years out of his own
                    @sweatpantsjer

Comment

So it's pretty safe to say this is just a rumor through that one website right? I didnt read anything yesterday anywhere else.

Sad.
                      Just a rumor but still a very yummy one.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                        We shouldn't assume the league has the same opinion of Andrea Bargnani as we do. The guy is only 25 and he's a seven footer who just posted 21PPG while playing through defenses running their scheme around stopping him. He can score anywhere on the court. He's exclusively been coached by inexperienced head coaches. There is lots that could suggest he's a player who's failed to round out his game due to his situation. I don't agree with it but that doesn't mean the league doesn't agree as well.
                        +1

Comment

• Faux-ID wrote: View Post
                          I think we can both agree that Bargnani had a better rookie season than Dirk. But this started with me talking about the league possibly seeing Bargnani now, the way we saw him in 2006, in which you mentioned him being as talented as Dirk as a rookie. It's only natural I'd expand on that and start comparing them up to their 5th year.
                          At this point I don't think he's anything like Dirk. I think he's a much larger Reshard Lewis. I feel if he landed in Memphis he could fill a similar role that Lewis filled in Orlando. It would be a similar transition too. If the trade went through it would even be a good idea for him to get in touch with Lewis for advice in making a smooth transition.

Comment

it'd give memphis the best frontcourt in the league
                            I would still say that Gasol, Bynum, Odom is a better front court.

Comment

• would have been a nice trade

Comment

• http://www.draftexpress.com/podcast/draftexpress_42.mp3

Listen to the begin of the podcast. They talk about about raptors interest in Rudy Gay, really short but it's something.
                                @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Working...
                                X