Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Colangelo Looking To Hire An Established GM?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Co-sign for Cho. BC sometimes floats trial balloons in the media, and hopefully that's exactly what he's got in mind.

Comment

Whoa Whoa Whoa, so we’re giving him money, for 2 years maybe 3 to screw up a team and then say “It wasn’t me it was the OTHER GM"

Comment

albertan_10 wrote: View Post
        I could see Jay being brought up to this position if they can convince the likes of Adelman to coach the team.
        Jay is an idiot. He is not management material. He is not even head coaching material. He thought Andrea would be better than Bosh. He went all sorority girl about shaking Bosh's hand after their first game opposing each other. You can't have a guy like that in your office... its not professional.

The point is that we need to add BRAIN, not more unqualified suits. Jay belongs in a gym running drills with a whistle in his mouth... I don't want to hear any personnel ideas from him, I have no respect for his evaluation of talent.

(BTW, for me that was one of the low points of the season. Jay refusing to shake Bosh's hand. I was embarrassed for our club. It also made me realize that Jay was not an alpha, an alpha would never avoid shaking your hand or flashing a smile. A stooge or a lackey would. To me this incident said a lot more about Jay as a leader than anything he has ever done.)
        Last edited by MyMomLovesMe; Sat May 28, 2011, 07:40 AM.

Comment

I like the suggestion of Cho. It is pathetic how Paul Allen treats his management team. First with the firing of Pritchard a couple hours after the draft. And then ditching Cho out of the blue this year...never having the chance to run a draft and making some solid moves in his 11 months.

There was always the slam against Pritchard that people said he burned bridges within the organization and that is what lead to his firing. I can't help but think that rumor about him as being somewhat inaccurate after seeing this situation with Cho. Now the only real slams against Pritchard (in my opinion) are the extension to Roy (injury history, but that is really hindsight) and the drafting of Oden (injury history as well...but also hindsight).

I would love to add Cho into the Raptors organization. Very smart guy, lots of experience, and has a very calm demeanor which would work well with the Toronto media.
          http://twitter.com/m_shantz

Comment

albertan_10 wrote: View Post
            I could see Jay being brought up to this position if they can convince the likes of Adelman to coach the team.
            I don't think there is a chance of it happening. Colangelo said he would like a GM who's established. Jay doesn't have any experience in a role like that at all.

Comment

Really guys?

Here's a strong recommendation to everybody who got involved with this thread before I could clean it up. If something like that happens again either take it to PMs or to the off-topic board or ignore it completely. This should not have happened. Think about other posters on this board next time please.

Comment

Working...
              X