Weems Finally Forced To Pay Up?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MyMomLovesMe wrote: View Post
    Considering it was a judgment of 30K, it may not have been worth Weem's time to fly down from where he was, pay a lawyer and contest a judgment that he knows he has little chance to contest. (It would add to the overall bill)

His no show, to me means he does not dispute the charges. I still don't understand why people are so worked up over this, so he needs financial advise, many players do.
    I just want to point out one last time that your entire argument is speculation. First you speculate that perhaps he was facing financial hardship and couldn't pay up. Then you speculate that the amount was chump change to him. There's no point in arguing such speculation unless your point is to get someone else to stop speculating (which I don't think I am, as I'm going by what was reported to have happened). =P

At the same time, this last bit is probably your best argument so far. It's not abnormal for someone to not contest a lawsuit and simply allow a default judgement to be rendered against him. This happens usually when the defendant doesn't see a point in contesting the suit; either the difference is not worth the time or he knows he has no defense. But if this is the case, then we go back to point #1: he reneged on his loan repayment, which doesn't reflect well on his credibility.

I'm not "worked up", as you say; my point was only that when you're already wondering if a player will "figure it out" and take full advantage of his talent/abilities, this kind of immaturity doesn't leave much confidence. Had this been an issue BEFORE he was drafted, you can be sure it would have come up in the discussion of his prospects (not that it would really matter since he was already a 2nd rounder).

Comment

I say we keep Weems but make him wear this exact jersey every game, even if we at home, or wearing red.

NBADoppelgangers.tumblr.com

Comment

e2thed wrote: View Post
        I say we keep Weems but make him wear this exact jersey every game, even if we at home, or wearing red.
        lol.
        Never, under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night.

Comment

I think Weems was just depressed. Remember, he just wants to find true love.

http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/...?urn=nba-wp805
          Never, under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night.

Comment

Why can't I /like, lol. That's a good one.

Comment

He's going to be on the bench the whole time so it's not like anyone is going to notice.

Comment

Working...
              X