Forget Free Agent Centers, How About Bench Centers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forget Free Agent Centers, How About Bench Centers

Timofey Mozgov, Tiago Splitter, Robin Lopez, Semih Erden, Omer Asik.
    All these guys are on cheap contracts , highest is Mozgov at $3.6 mil.
    I think some teams would trade one of these guys for TPE, James Johnson, or another trade.

What you guys think BC should do, keep hoping to snag a Chandler or a Gasol, or should he just go with the cheap young center to grow with the team we have now. Personally , I think Asik and Mozgov can be obtained at the right price, seeing as the CBA is looming opon us.
    NBADoppelgangers.tumblr.com

See I'm the other way completely. My thoughts are why on earth would any team cap dump good young prospect centers for the TPE? I could see overpaid mediocre centers but not good young prospects.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
      See I'm the other way completely. My thoughts are why on earth would any team cap dump good young prospect centers for the TPE? I could see overpaid mediocre centers but not good young prospects.
      A big +1.

Comment

Thats understandable, but it looks like theres gonna be Jeff Foster and Nazr Mohammed this summer , I'd rather make a big multi team trade to include Jose or Bargnani and somehow snag one of these young centers.

Comment

I agree, I cant see teams just giving young centers with lots of potential away.
          Also, why would we give away our young promising Sf for a young promising center?
          We would gain one thing we need while losing another? Might as well keep the chemistry the same.

But I do agree we could use a young promising center, the only question is, how do we get them? I dont think your ways will work.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
            Totally agree. Sometimes the posts answer themselves.

If the centers are decent and cheap, teams will NOT be trying to dump them. It's counter-intuitive that they'd dump an asset to free up very little payroll.

Comment

bballnut27 wrote: View Post
              I agree, I cant see teams just giving young centers with lots of potential away.
              Also, why would we give away our young promising Sf for a young promising center?
              We would gain one thing we need while losing another? Might as well keep the chemistry the same.

But I do agree we could use a young promising center, the only question is, how do we get them? I dont think your ways will work.
              I would strongly consider dealing him for any of those guys. I think Mozgov and Lopez would be no-brainers. Wings are a dime a dozen compared to centers.

Comment

I think we should make a trade for Semih Erden and Harangody.
                Last edited by e2thed; Mon May 30, 2011, 07:47 PM.

Comment

Quixotic wrote: View Post
                  Totally agree. Sometimes the posts answer themselves.

If the centers are decent and cheap, teams will NOT be trying to dump them. It's counter-intuitive that they'd dump an asset to free up very little payroll.
                  Well for a team like Pheonix, that has Gortat and Frye quite capable of splitting 48 minutes between them at Center, I think it would be silly of them to not see what they could get for Lopez. Or if they plan on keeping Lopez, then the market for Frye, etc.

But if there is a need at a certain position, and you have excess at another, why not balance that out.
                  Now I'm not saying they'd be willing to just give him away, but I most certainly believe they are at least looking to see what the market is.

Lopez is the lonly one listed that works in that scenario, though. The rest are probably keepers for their respective clubs, OR I just don't think they are very good. haha Mostly the latter.

Comment

All very interesting opinions but cant really say what could happen until the draft is done, i do have a feeling that BC is up to something, it might happen before or during draft night but he's up to something.

Comment

Chuck Hayes is an unrestricted free agent. I would not want him starting - although he has predominantly started the last 2 years for the Rockets - but as a back up, why not. He is undersized but he utilizes his strength and long arms to his advantage. Also, he was the starting C for a 43 win team last season and 42 the year before.

Comment

G-locity wrote: View Post
                        All very interesting opinions but cant really say what could happen until the draft is done, i do have a feeling that BC is up to something, it might happen before or during draft night but he's up to something.
                        Obviously you are giving your opinion there but I agree with it - with no proof or support to back it up. Everything is so quiet. *crickets*

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                          Obviously you are giving your opinion there but I agree with it - with no proof or support to back it up. Everything is so quiet. *crickets*
                          A lil too quiet for me, so many speculations we can all have but it all depends on how draft night goes.

Comment

G-locity wrote: View Post
                            A lil too quiet for me, so many speculations we can all have but it all depends on how draft night goes.
                            I think it all depends on Rubio to be honest - and not just for the whole Calderon/Toronto angle.

If he doesn't sign with Minnesota before the draft, I'm not sure he ever suits up for the Wolves. In this case, it might open up a number of trade possibilities and/or alter Minnesota's intentions in drafting.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                              I think it all depends on Rubio to be honest - and not just for the whole Calderon/Toronto angle.

If he doesn't sign with Minnesota before the draft, I'm not sure he ever suits up for the Wolves. In this case, it might open up a number of trade possibilities and/or alter Minnesota's intentions in drafting.
                              That is a good point, this is why its so hard to figure out what BC is gonna do cus a lot of things could happen from now till draft night.

Comment

Working...
                              X