Raptors Republic Mock Draft: Fan Edition - 3rd Overall Pick

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raptors Republic Mock Draft: Fan Edition - 3rd Overall Pick

This vote is to decide the 3rd overall selection in the draft. Please vote above and feel free to discuss the pick below. CLICK HERE to view the summary page.
    Kawhi Leonard
    0.00%
    Kemba Walker
    0.00%
    Marcus Morris
    0.00%
    Jan Vesely
    0.00%
    Bismack Biyombo
    0.00%
    Brandon Knight
    40.00%
    Enes Kanter
    40.00%
    Alec Burks
    6.67%
    Jonas Valanciunas
    6.67%
    Donatas Motiejunas
    6.67%

The poll is expired.

I voted Knight largely because I have this sense that all will not go well for the Raps during the draft (Knight at 3 means Kanter at 4).

However, now that I'm clear of that momentary dark cloud and am able to think rationally once more, Kanter is probably going 3rd, and here's why: if Utah likes Kanter enough to draft him, they'll take him at 3. If they don't and they prefer Knight (and the way I see it, I'm almost 100% positive Utah will take one of the two), there's no reason for them not to swap picks with Toronto, as I can't see Cleveland taking Knight with the 4th pick.

This though is contingent upon the Raps wanting to draft Kanter. They'd be crazy not to, so I'm going on the assumption here that IF Toronto had the 3rd overall, they'd also go with Kanter.

So, I don't suppose there's a way to re-neg my Knight choice in the poll in favour of Kanter?

Comment

I picked Valanciunas over other big men here because of his talent and because he actually played all last season and isn't as much of a risk in terms of assessment of his abilities. Everything Kanter has shown has been outstanding but there is little of it to go around. It might make the Jazz uneasy. For that reason I am giving Valanciunas the edge, and it's not because I think he's the best big man. I don't feel that way at all.

The reason why I went big over PG is because the draft is full of PGs. The Jazz need a big man and they've said they're planning for the worst, hoping for the best with Okur. If they're planning for the worst then they need to take a big with their first pick. Devin Harris can man the point for now. With their 12th pick they may have a shot at Burks, Morris and Fredette. All three of those guys have excellent potential.

Comment

I think Utah will go big with their 3rd pick, that's why I picked Kanter. Kanter likes Utah, which is a plus for the jazz, plus they have Okur, who is also a turk. It seems like the stars aligning, especially with hometown college hero Fredette probably available with their 2nd pick.

And btw, poor f'n Utah. They only had one of the best teams for 2 decades, and the one time they sputter they land a top pick. Screw you Utah, even if your mormon chicks are totally hot.
        Never, under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night.

Comment

The Utah Jazz Selects...

Comment

jeff_hostetler wrote: View Post
            I voted Knight largely because I have this sense that all will not go well for the Raps during the draft (Knight at 3 means Kanter at 4).

However, now that I'm clear of that momentary dark cloud and am able to think rationally once more, Kanter is probably going 3rd, and here's why: if Utah likes Kanter enough to draft him, they'll take him at 3. If they don't and they prefer Knight (and the way I see it, I'm almost 100% positive Utah will take one of the two), there's no reason for them not to swap picks with Toronto, as I can't see Cleveland taking Knight with the 4th pick.

This though is contingent upon the Raps wanting to draft Kanter. They'd be crazy not to, so I'm going on the assumption here that IF Toronto had the 3rd overall, they'd also go with Kanter.

So, I don't suppose there's a way to re-neg my Knight choice in the poll in favour of Kanter?
            I would imagine Utah picking Kanter at 3 would be worse for the Raptors than picking Knight 3. At least there's a chance Cleveland will pick Valanciunas over Kanter, or even one of the other choices. With Kanter at 3 and possibly Valanciunas at 4, Toronto will have both Walker and Knight available. I think that's better than having Valanciunas and Walker available.

Comment

Working...
            X