No announcement yet.

Jay Triano out.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I will miss Jay's casual swearing during media interviews.

Let's not discount first time coaches entirely... How about Patrick Ewing? Brian Shaw?
    Last edited by Donnie Brasco; Wed Jun 1, 2011, 11:04 PM.

Comment

JERRY SLOAN. end of discussion.

Comment

Props for jay's work that he did but its time to move on now, we all have our wishlist for the new coaching job but in the end, only BC can answer that question, though im wondering if he already does know the answer. In my opinion, if BC introduces the rap's new coach b4 the draft then this means that its been done for a while if not, then i guess its just part of the waiting game.

Comment

Yes about time they cut Triano, next-up Bargnani and Calderon.

Now if only they could get rid of those stupid announcers Devlin and Leo, this team is set for YEARS!

Comment

KingRaptors wrote: View Post
            Yes about time they cut Triano, next-up Bargnani and Calderon.

Now if only they could get rid of those stupid announcers Devlin and Leo, this team is set for YEARS!
            YES!!!!!!! I was just about to say that!!! Thank you....Lol....

Comment

not jose
              "the raptors were my fav team growing up"-kevin durant

Comment

If we end up hiring a defensive minded coach, jose and andrea will be the first one to go if not on the way out already. As soon as BC finds someone that replaces andrea's offensive productivity, he's gone, if we draft a point guard, jose might be gone or will be gone during the season before the trade deadline.

Comment

Bold prediction: whoever the Raps hire will have no noticeable effect on the team, and they will continue to be awful defensively without significant personnel changes.

Comment

Nine New Faces wrote: View Post
                    Bold prediction: whoever the Raps hire will have no noticeable effect on the team, and they will continue to be awful defensively without significant personnel changes.
                    This, that is the reason I feel this move was utterly retarded and useless.

Comment

Quixotic wrote: View Post
                      Phil Jackson.

Michael Jordan -> Kobe Bryant -> DeMar DeRozan

History in the making.

---

On a more serious note, Adelman would be a dream.
                      LOOOOL wouldnt that be awesomeeee.
                      but i agree either adleman or woodson. Woodson has taken a really young atlanta team and turned them into a competitive team in the east
                      http://www.twitter.com/YateeshKevin23

Comment

I agree with the decision, but it still feels weird to celebrate someone loosing their job. It is nice to see that he is sticking around in the organization as a consultant. I would be very interested in finding out what exactly his position will look like.

Good move for the Raptors future though and excited to see who comes in. Ric Adelman would be a great fit, but an unrealistic one.

Jeff Van Gundy seems more plausible, but still not likely. If BC could somehow bring him in, that would be fantastic. A coach with a winning history, defensively focused, and has shown an ability to have the respect of his team.

Lawrence Frank and Dwane Casey also are intriguing options.

But whoever it is, I'm betting we don't have to wait long. The timing of this seems like BC already has some steps taken in the direction he wants to go. Hopefully we can have a new (experienced) coach in place by draft night.
                        http://twitter.com/m_shantz

Comment

larry brown maybe

Comment

I guess I'm one of the only ones, but I liked Jay, I thought he did a good job with player development and had a good report with the players. The Raptors, barring some out of this world blockbuster move, aren't going to be contended next season and I thought Jay was the logical coach. He could have continued to develop the kids and be a sacrificial lamb if need be. Sorry to see you go and I wish you the best in the future.

As to the new coach, isn't there some quality College coaches that might be lured to the NBA, like Tom Izzo, Mike Krzyzewski or Coach Cal?
                            Never, under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night.

Comment

I am appalled that anyone mentions Dunleavy seriously. Did you pay attention to his tenure w/ LAC? An absolute sham. The guy must have had something on Sterling because he was ousted seasons after he should have been.

The Frank option would be a good one IMHO. He has just spent time working in Boston w/ Doc. That team defines hard work and team work. I would be elated if he could put some of that into our guys. He did a great job with the Nets though it did coincide with J Kidd's tenure there.

Comment

RealGM • View topic - Photoshop a Triano[/QUOTE]

LMFAO!

Comment

Working...
                                X