Another Min/Tor/Sac trade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Min/Tor/Sac trade

So I know their have been lots of Sac and Min trades, mainly because they seem like the best choices for Bargs and Calderon. So here is one more I thoguh of.

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMa...radeId=3go9lx5

We get #2 and #7? Probably need to send #5 or #7 to one of them but still...

Min gets a veteran and their mentor for rubio for Flynn and Webster who they have rumored to have tried to trade. Sac gets Bargs for almost no one, and we get two more first rounders as well as a young pg.

Thoughts?

Bad trade, selling Bargs too low. If we got Minne's second overall pick and Sac-town gave Minne their seventh then why not.
    Last edited by e2thed; Sat Jun 4, 2011, 07:50 PM. Reason: error police aka maleko
    NBADoppelgangers.tumblr.com

Comment

How does this solve our front court issues? Still no centre and we lose Bargs our best PF...If we did that we'd still be worst defensive team in the league.

Comment

We would also have #2 and either #5 or #7, easily putting us in a situation to draft a center as well as a defender

Flynn/Bayless
        Derozan/weems
        Leonard?/Johnson
        Davis/Amir
        Kanter

Would need time to devolop but could be a strong team in the future. Interesting to watch to say the least. Would still need a few peices, but still have our first rounder next year to work with.

Comment

bballnut27 wrote: View Post
          We would also have #2 and either #5 or #7, easily putting us in a situation to draft a center as well as a defender

Flynn/Bayless
          Derozan/weems
          Leonard?/Johnson
          Davis/Amir
          Kanter

Would need time to devolop but could be a strong team in the future. Interesting to watch to say the least. Would still need a few peices, but still have our first rounder next year to work with.
          I'd take the best player with the second pick. It would most likely be a guard - and Kemba at that. A three way battle for the PG of the future with Bayless expiring if he fails, Flynn as a back up for 2 seasons if he fails, and Kemba getting another 2 years to figure it out before he is sent packing.

Next year's wings look great. I dream of a certain Tar Heel.

Comment

I see what your saying, but since we desperatly need a center I would prefer to take Kanter there and see what happens with Flynn and Bayless. Next year also has quite a few Pgs doesnt it?

Comment

I see what your saying, but since we desperatly need a center I would prefer to take Kanter there and see what happens with Flynn and Bayless. Next year also has quite a few Pgs doesnt it?
              The problem with next year is if the new CBA changes the age requirement (I strongly believe this part will stick) then players that will not be in next year's draft class:
              PGs: MKabongo, ARivers, MTeague
              SFs:QMiller, JMcadoo, MGilchrest, AThomas
              and Anthony Davis (current projected #1 pick)

all from the current projected top 13 (plus one SG in Brad Beal). There are only 2 other PG's projected currently in the top 40.

Comment

That said I still go Kanter as well.

Comment

e2thed wrote: View Post
                  Bad trade, selling Bargs too low. If we got Minne's second overall pick and Sac-town gave Minne their eighth then why not.
                  I assume you mean their 7th.

Comment

Sorry.... what I meant was take the best player with the second first round draft pick. Kanter at 2 and Walker/Knight at 5/7.

Comment

Sorry, My mistake. And yes That makes sense. Draft a center and Pg, and a Sf next year?

Comment

Sorry, My mistake. And yes That makes sense. Draft a center and Pg, and a Sf next year?
                        That would be my thinking. Hopefully draft Barnes.

Walker
                        DD
                        Barnes
                        ED
                        Kanter

I feel warm and tingly thinking about it.

Comment

I would not think twice to trade for flynn the guy straight up sucks. And i am in no mood to get fleeced by the Timberwolves or the Kings.
                          We all make mistakes... Tanking is not the answer.. This squad can ball! Let it roll!!

Comment

My best bet is Draft Khawi leonard, over the last few days he jumped a number of spots on the draft board. He has an unbelievable life story and one hell of a push to succeed. Who really can say they aren't rooting for him. On the other issue i would try to make a push for Toronto to get Brandon Jennings. Pair him up with his close friend DeRozan. Which can go a long way when trying to get him to resign in the future.
                            We all make mistakes... Tanking is not the answer.. This squad can ball! Let it roll!!

Comment

Ambidextrious wrote: View Post
                              My best bet is Draft Khawi leonard, over the last few days he jumped a number of spots on the draft board. He has an unbelievable life story and one hell of a push to succeed. Who really can say they aren't rooting for him. On the other issue i would try to make a push for Toronto to get Brandon Jennings. Pair him up with his close friend DeRozan. Which can go a long way when trying to get him to resign in the future.
                              That was also the argument for Bosh. Build a winner and players will stay.

Comment

Working...
                              X