Where the Game Started to go Wrong

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where the Game Started to go Wrong

Perdue played five seasons with Michael Jordan, so he knows it’s not beneath the best player in the game to resort to gamesmanship to help his team win. ‘‘Jordan used to have this thing where he would shoot the ball and as he would follow through on the shot, he would hit his own wrist, so you would hear the slapping noise and the official would blow the whistle,’’ Perdue said.
    Source: http://www.suntimes.com/5759697-417/...-crafting.html

This isn't new news by any stretch, but in light of the Miami fiascos this year (the phantom elbow Boozer-Bosh for one example), the player I first remember doing crap like this was Jordan. There obviously would have been others, I think, but it was the Jordan era where this became rampant (Reggie in Indiana anyone?).

I think a definite rule change that should come in is jumping INTO a defender in the air should either not be a foul or should be a Offensive foul. If a guy jumps at you and lands on you sure, but jumping forward shoulder first into a player...I wish Shaq was still around to collapse on the bugger and crush him. I hate this foul call every time. Flopping, griping, winking after bs'ing a foul call, jumping into a player to 'draw' a foul should all become techs and loss of possession imo. If you don't have the skill don't fake the skill, if you do have the skill, shame on you for cheating and debasing the game. You aren't a 5-yr old play fighting with an imaginary foe, grow up and play the damn game you are getting paid 7 or 8 figures to play.

I just cannot stand crap like this.

I think after every game there should be a video review of player's supposes flopping and if they do then they get:

1) A warning (being called out as a flopper will harden referee judgment next game)

2) fine

3) bigger fine

4) suspension.

Comment

but thats how kevin durant gets an extra like 4 ppg, and wins scoring championships ):
      The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

See what Jordan did was basketball genius, what Lebitch and Bostrich do is pussy.
        NBADoppelgangers.tumblr.com

Comment

Hotshot wrote: View Post
          I think after every game there should be a video review of player's supposes flopping and if they do then they get:

1) A warning (being called out as a flopper will harden referee judgment next game)

2) fine

3) bigger fine

4) suspension.
          thats brilliant.

anything to deter this kinda BS, instead of the unspoken league promotion of it.

Comment

heinz57 wrote: View Post
            thats brilliant.

anything to deter this kinda BS, instead of the unspoken league promotion of it.
            Sign me up!
            Never, under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night.

Comment

Maleko wrote: View Post
              I think a definite rule change that should come in is jumping INTO a defender in the air should either not be a foul or should be a Offensive foul. If a guy jumps at you and lands on you sure, but jumping forward shoulder first into a player...
              I know a certain 7 foot Italian who would lose half his offensive repertoire if this rule came into effect.

Comment

@sweatpantsjer

Comment

jeff_hostetler wrote: View Post
                  I know a certain 7 foot Italian who would lose half his offensive repertoire if this rule came into effect.
                  So be it. He is supposed to be a shooter not a banger lol.

Comment

Working...
                  X