Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone else scared that BC is backed into a 2 year corner?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Macc wrote: View Post
    If he can:
    1. Get rid of Calderon's contract
    2. Trade Bargnani or move him to the bench as 6/7th man
    3. Draft Kanter AND Knight/Walker in 2011
    4. Draft Barnes in 2012
    5. Sign a big name FA (Chris Paul?) in 2012 (all the young talent will attract them)

Then he is God of the dinosaurs. All this is of course capable of happening in 2 years.

1. Paul 2. DeRozan 3. Barnes 4. Davis 5. Kanter. 6. Knight 7. Bargnani

Ahhh, dreaming is nice, ain't it?
    If we're going to dream, I'd rather have it be:

1. Paul, 2. DeRozan, 3. Best 2012 Draft SF, 4. Davis, 5. Kanter, 6. Calderon, 7. Johnson

Comment

GarbageTime wrote: View Post
      I agree with so much of this.... except one thing. I don't think you NEED a top tier talent to win. I think a team CAN win with a very well built team (ex. Detroit), its just rarely done and very difficult to do (then again I wouldn't argue with someone if they considered Ben Wallace that top tier talent as I think he is the best defensive player to ever play)
      You know, I would have agreed with you before Boston. But they started an arms race that's continuing with Miami and if you really want to compete for the conference, let alone the championship, you're going to have to go through them for the next 5-8 years. Sucks, but that's the reality of it. Dallas is experiencing that right now, and how would they be doing without Dirk?

Comment

Nine New Faces wrote: View Post
        You know, I would have agreed with you before Boston. But they started an arms race that's continuing with Miami and if you really want to compete for the conference, let alone the championship, you're going to have to go through them for the next 5-8 years. Sucks, but that's the reality of it. Dallas is experiencing that right now, and how would they be doing without Dirk?
        You right. Teams that plan to contend for the next 8 years are going to have to game plan against the Heat. I don't really agree that Boston kick-started the Super-Team Era, which brought us to the present day. 8 teams have won the NBA title in 30 years. No other North American sport has had such an unequal group of champions during the modern era. The Spurs, Bulls, 80's Celtics / Lakers were all comparably superior to their competition during their respective eras.

For sure, the way the Heat were assembled was entirely unique (and due to the upcoming CBA, may not be repeated)... But even so, this is not the beginning of 1 or 2 teams dominating the league (has been going on for a long time). I am 30 years old, and this had been going on during my entire life. The NFL by comparison, is a much greater example of parity. I guess that is probably due to the unpredictability of 1 game playoffs.

Whatever, whatever. Blah, blah, blah. Bottom line, if we want to be celebrating an NBA finals victory in Toronto (fuck yeah), the road to the Finals goes thru South Beach, and BC or whoever is building this team better recognize.

One love muthafuckas.
        Last edited by Donnie Brasco; Wed Jun 8, 2011, 04:36 AM.

Comment

Macc wrote: View Post
          If he can:
          1. Get rid of Calderon's contract
          2. Trade Bargnani or move him to the bench as 6/7th man
          3. Draft Kanter AND Knight/Walker in 2011
          4. Draft Barnes in 2012
          5. Sign a big name FA (Chris Paul?) in 2012 (all the young talent will attract them)

Then he is God of the dinosaurs. All this is of course capable of happening in 2 years.

1. Paul 2. DeRozan 3. Barnes 4. Davis 5. Kanter. 6. Knight 7. Bargnani

Ahhh, dreaming is nice, ain't it?
          I would say much of that is possible, save for the Chris Paul signing, but if you have Knight that is less an issue since he will grow with the others. I am definitely in the court (no surprise here) that Bargnani be traded. Especially if you think you can get both Knight and Kanter, I would bet Bargnani would need to be involved in the deal.

Comment

Working...
          X