Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ESPN: Raptors register interest in Mike Woodson, Dwayne Casey and Lawrence Frank.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ESPN: Raptors register interest in Mike Woodson, Dwayne Casey and Lawrence Frank.

http://twitter.com/#!/STEIN_LINE_HQ/...80527326449664

I'm told Raptors have also registered some interest in Woodson, as w/Dwane Casey and L-Frank, but DET link so strong w/Woody's history there
    I guess they're not limiting themselves to just the more venerable candidates.

Woodson wouldn't be a bad choice at this stage in the game.

Comment

3 very good coaches, nice.
      @sweatpantsjer

Comment

I read somewhere else (aside from here) that Woodson is the front runner for the Pistons HC position.

Comment

I had mentioned Woodson as a solid candidate a while back. He's tough on players and puts emphasis on defense. As Apollo mentioned he is a good option at this STAGE. Once the team is more competetive in a couploe of years then a better X's and O's coach can be sought after. A two year contract with a third year option is appropriate imho.

Comment

In the end, it looks like it'll either be Adelman, Casey or Frank with Casey probably emerging because he's the cheapest of the 3.

Comment

MangoKid wrote: View Post
              I read somewhere else (aside from here) that Woodson is the front runner for the Pistons HC position.
              Yeah the tweet right before Stein says Woody is the frontrunner for the Pistons.
              Eh follow my TWITTER!

Comment

I found out where I did see it - the ESPN Insider section:

UPDATE: ESPN.com's Marc Stein added early Monday morning that Toronto has interest in Mike Woodson, along with Frank and and Casey.

Woodson is the favorite to be the next head coach of the Pistons.

-- Nick Borges

Comment

Adelman would be the best of the crop (JVG aside), but L Frank wouldn't be a bad choice either - crazy how the Raps offseason is always filled with so much action; I wish the regular seasons were this exciting for them lol
                  Your ex came by; you can call me Jonas Valanciunas, cause I'm the king of rebounds!

Comment

Am I the only one that really does not want Frank as our next coach?
                    Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

I wanna see Adelman as our head coach, but then again I really don't care , I just want a hard-nosed coach that holds players accountable, and does not reward bad defense for playing time.
                      NBADoppelgangers.tumblr.com

Comment

Adelman would be awesome, especially considering he has GM aspirations and Bryan has already mentioned that he would not mind stepping up to the presidency and giving his role to another basketball mind. I realize Adelman does not have the GM experience that Bryan was wishing for, but his 23 years coaching experience and former player exp gives me trust in his abilities. He has been around the league for 30 years.

I would not mind making him coach/GM, primarily interested in him as a coach, but with a promise that he would have some front office control over player acquisitions, with Bryan overseeing the business side of things.
                        Last edited by MyMomLovesMe; Mon Jun 6, 2011, 01:11 PM.

Comment

Didn't Adelman leave Houston because he didn't want to be part of a rebuilding situation?
                          I would love JVG, sad to see him leave Mark Jackson and Breen on commentary, but him dealing with Toronto media on a day-to-day basis would be pretty funny.

Comment

In the end, it looks like it'll either be Adelman, Casey or Frank with Casey probably emerging because he's the cheapest of the 3.
                            Casey would be an excellent choice. He still has something to prove in the HC ranks. The Warriors are taking a long look at him and Frank but haven't made up their minds yet. Hopefully BC can sign his guy before someone else does.

Comment

I am biased but the Raptors job looks to be the better gig. The Raptors are set up to take a step forward and Woodson would have a lot of young athletic talent to work with. It wouldn't be a situation far from what he had in ATL... Well, with the exception that people show up to watch the games in Toronto. I think he might enjoy having a home court advantage.

Comment

Working...
                              X