Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ESPN: Raptors register interest in Mike Woodson, Dwayne Casey and Lawrence Frank.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

enlightenment wrote: View Post
    k you're like the third to crack a similar joke about my username during my short career here at rr, ive been using this as a username for years on almost every internet account! dont hate.
    Dude don't worry about it. They'll get passed it.

Comment

Supposedly Frank withdrew his name from GSW.

Personally, on the list of Woodson, Casey, and Frank the previous was my order of preference.

Comment

Anyone hoping for Mark Jackson can now rest easy, he just signed with GSW as per Mark Stein's Twitter.

Comment

that leaves Indiana and Detroit to find coaches

Im hoping BC is just waiting for the finals to finish so he can hire Dwane Casey

Comment

How about Keith Smart? He was able to make Golden State exceed expectations last year and should of been given the chance to continue on his progress.
            -"You can’t run from me. I mean, my heart don’t bleed Kool-Aid."
            -"“I ain’t no diva! I don’t have no blond hair, red hair. I’m Reggie Evans.”

Comment

man raps need adelman or jeff van gundy if they wanna be an elite team these mediocre coaches will only get u so far
              ya dun noe

Comment

JVG is a good coach with tons of experience and solid defensive schemes. But could anyone in their right mind listen through several seasons of his annoying, nagging, irksome, grindingly irritating voice? It would make me gnaw out my brain from exasperation.
                Never, under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night.

Comment

enlightenment wrote: View Post
                  k you're like the third to crack a similar joke about my username during my short career here at rr, ive been using this as a username for years on almost every internet account! dont hate.
                  No hate intended. I was simply suggesting that instead of asking someone else to do a breakdown of what to expect from three coaches that you put in the time and effort yourself so you can glean whatever it is you are looking for.

Comment

WJF wrote: View Post
                    Am I the only one that really does not want Frank as our next coach?
                    The candidate who worries me is Casey. This young team is used to Triano's way of communicating and by all accounts Casey is a screamer. Not that Triano's way produced wins but throwing this group into a drastically different environment may not be constructive. The better choice IMO would be Woodson or Frank. I remember hearing how Dallas eventually tuned out resident screamer HC Avery Johnson after a while.

http://www.thestar.com/sports/basket...nt-dwane-casey

"Coach Casey? Great guy, always prepared,” said Dallas’s Peja Stojakovic. “He just knows how to get you ready and if you don’t do what you’re supposed to, you’re going to hear it about it.”

“He is intense, very intense,” Dallas’s J.J. Barea told the Houston Chronicle when Casey was up for the Rockets job. “Every play he’s screaming. He brings a lot of energy.

“You better do things right. If not, he’s going to be talking to you. Every play he is screaming something or talking to someone.”

Comment

camanda wrote: View Post
                      The candidate who worries me is Casey. This young team is used to Triano's way of communicating and by all accounts Casey is a screamer. Not that Triano's way produced wins but throwing this group into a drastically different environment may not be constructive. The better choice IMO would be Woodson or Frank. I remember hearing how Dallas eventually tuned out resident screamer HC Avery Johnson after a while.

http://www.thestar.com/sports/basket...nt-dwane-casey

"Coach Casey? Great guy, always prepared,” said Dallas’s Peja Stojakovic. “He just knows how to get you ready and if you don’t do what you’re supposed to, you’re going to hear it about it.”

“He is intense, very intense,” Dallas’s J.J. Barea told the Houston Chronicle when Casey was up for the Rockets job. “Every play he’s screaming. He brings a lot of energy.

“You better do things right. If not, he’s going to be talking to you. Every play he is screaming something or talking to someone.”
                      After watching the apathy displayed by Toronto the last 3 years, I think this would be a welcome change.

Screaming and yelling is fine if it is productive. If he is calling the players down or insulting them, that is a problem but if he is intense and make constructive, positive remarks that is good teaching/coaching. From the remarks of the players it would appear he has their respect and there I would guess, i.e. in my opinion, it should like he is constructive and respectful in his coaching and teaching.

Comment

A good head coach needs to understand psychology. You can't scream at everybody and expect results. One guy it might work, the next guy might tune you out permanently.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                          A good head coach needs to understand psychology. You can't scream at everybody and expect results. One guy it might work, the next guy might tune you out permanently.
                          Very true. A good head coach also ensures accountability among his team.

After Adelman (not interested, supposedly) and Woodson (smart money appears to be Detroit given history), the most realistic options appear to be Frank and Casey. Personally, I'd rather go with Casey.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                            After watching the apathy displayed by Toronto the last 3 years, I think this would be a welcome change.

Screaming and yelling is fine if it is productive. If he is calling the players down or insulting them, that is a problem but if he is intense and make constructive, positive remarks that is good teaching/coaching. From the remarks of the players it would appear he has their respect and there I would guess, i.e. in my opinion, it should like he is constructive and respectful in his coaching and teaching.
                            Agreed. As someone with no inside connections (obviously) I should defer to the players and insiders who know Casey best. And if he is indeed the disciplinarian/teacher type then that IS the next step in the progression this squad needs. Hopefully, BC is thinking the same way

Comment

Working...
                            X