Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HW:Ingramreporting MIN wants DeMar; Litel #2/Flynn for #5/DD (post #81 for Litel)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's a slow day in NBA rumor land for someone to make an article like this. Absolutely ridiculous trade.

Walker/Knight (likely our pick at 5)>Flynn
    DDR>Dwill

No way this happens.
    "Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival."

-Churchill

Comment

keefec wrote: View Post
      Even as the 6th pick in 2009, flynn did little to prove his skills and potential to even be a NBA starting pg on the wolves, I do think that if Toronto wants flynn then there's a high chance that they will get him, but not in the expense of Derozan, but Calderon instead.
      That would be more plausible.

Comment

enlightenment wrote: View Post
        its all BS coming from journalist speculation, they call them opinion peices so they can practiclly claim anything. Like when it says "Toronto front-runners for Flynn" Its more like "This journalist believes that Toronto is a front-runner for flynn" and therefor doesn't have to approach any sources with confirmation, because the only person that needs to confirm a belief is the journalist. If I had his job I could pretty much throw "Lebron coming back to Cleveland; A Possibility?" and make blogs go crazy and my sight hits explode. The point is, dont take any of this seriously, nothing thats written on hoopsworld is credible. I haven't seen one newspaper report about these rumours or even one credible blog. Demar isn't going anywhere, we all know about how proud Colangelo is of his draft picks.
        No arguments from me on any of this.

Comment

As much as I like Ed Davis, so far the only guy who's shown any real, consistent evidence of being a decent NBA player on our team is DeRozan. So trading him and the 5th pick for the 2nd is completely preposterous.

What might make some sense is the 2nd pick and the 20th pick for DeRozan. I mean if BC were to actually consider trading DeRozan. Though even the prospect of being armed with the 2nd, 5th, 20th and 28th picks of this (weak) draft class does little to ease my mind of trading DeRozan. Imagine if this were the 2000 draft. Those picks would net us Stromile Swift, Erick Barkley, Speed Claxton and Mike Miller. Not good.
          your pal,
          ebrian

Comment

Nice response article to Hoopsworld
            It's not crazy to think Flynn has any interest, nor is it insane to think the Raptors see Williams as a great player in this league. What IS crazy is to think that DeMar Derozan is really a piece being considered to land those assets.

The Raptors roster would add a 3rd string point guard, behind Jose Calderon and Jerryd Bayless - while adding combo forward Williams to the group of Amir Johnson, Ed Davis, Linus Kleiza, James Johnson, and arguably Andrea Bargnani - although he spent last season out of position at the 5-spot.

They would be losing their marketing darling, seat filling, breakout athlete, heir apparent to the slasher wing role left void since the days of Vince Carter - leaving Leandro Barbosa the only player on the roster with the ability to play SG.
            And a direct rip
            Maybe sometimes we'll never know if a rumor had any legitimacy, but other times the writer of the lie is so poorly informed that they show their hand.

Enter: Hoopsworld's Stephen Litel (hate to promote his name, but it's hard to avoid).

Today Stephen dropped a beauty of a gem on us about how serious the talks were for Flynn and the #2 coming to Toronto for DeMar Derozan and the #5 pick.

Do you smell that?

Me too.
            http://www.nbadaily.net/homegrown.cfm?articleid=172
            The only way to bag a classy lady is to give her two tickets to the gun show... and see if she likes the goods.

Comment

Maleko wrote: View Post
              That would be more plausible.
              Except it needs a third team or another contract of more than approximately $4M (Ridnour, Petrovic, Webster, Darko).

Comment

Papa Burgundy wrote: View Post
                Nice response article to Hoopsworld

And a direct rip

http://www.nbadaily.net/homegrown.cfm?articleid=172
                Nice find. And enlightenment summed it up best: Ingram spews b.s. in the chat yesterday, Litel reports it as legitimate fact, vicious circle of poppy-cock reported as fact.

Comment

I think we should all relax a bit. While we all know BC like to get trigger happy with deals that make a splash in the headlines, I don't think he'd dream of trading away an asset like Derozan. I'd be shocked if he tried to trade up given that even with a consensus #1 and #2, I don't think anyone can say any player looks like a surefire start. Irving may be just a slightly better Calderon. Williams is a huge unknown as 3/4s always are coming out of college. He could be a star, or just an Al Harrington or Beasley type player. Personally I would keep Demar over either of those options.

I think BC only makes a deal if he's not sold on Kemba, Knight or Kanter as legit top 5 picks. Could see him making a deal for a different type of prospect like Kawhi Leonard or Valuncianas if he slides a bit because of buyout issues. This team does not need to feel pressure to do much through this draft. The Raptors have young pieces and don't need to make trades for guys like Flynn or Wesley Johnson who haven't really proven to be more interesting prospects than Bayless, James Johnson and definitely not Demar.

Demar has NBA pro written all over him now. He turned his biggest weakness into his biggest strength in one season. It's obviously unlikely he can do that for every facet of his game, but it shows exactly the kind of commitment that can make him an all-star and will almost assuredly make him a solid starter for years. I think a lot of these bull**** articles come out because a lot of American journalists don't know anything about the team. They always assume we're in a state of chaos and panic. Chaos? Maybe. Panic? Rarely. They also clearly don't watch the team enough to realize you'd have to be crazy to trade Derozan after his past season. He does look like he may end up having the highest ceiling of his draft year from guys not named Blake Griffin.

Comment

BS story....

Let me just say...keep dreamin minniiii...
                    I can see Calderon and 5th pick for 2nd pick and Flynn and then flip flynn to sacramento for #7th pick...
                    "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
                    My kitchen is always open to friends"

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
                      Except it needs a third team or another contract of more than approximately $4M (Ridnour, Petrovic, Webster, Darko).
                      True enough. Just meaning it is more plausible than BC sending DD

Comment

• Dr Hannibal Lecter wrote: View Post
                        Let me just say...keep dreamin minniiii...
                        I can see Calderon and 5th pick for 2nd pick and Flynn and then flip flynn to sacramento for #7th pick...
                        You can keep dreaming if you think the Kings will trade their 7th pick for Flynn

Comment

• MangoKid wrote: View Post
                          You can keep dreaming if you think the Kings will trade their 7th pick for Flynn
                          I see the kings doing it if both Walker and Knight are off the board by 7...
                          but lets not get too ahead of ourselves

Comment

• keefec wrote: View Post
                            I see the kings doing it if both Walker and Knight are off the board by 7...
                            but lets not get too ahead of ourselves
                            The Kings won't do that deal. That's like saying we'd deal our #5 pick for Flynn. See how ridiculous that sounds?

Comment

• I like hearing SAC are interested in Flynn. It gives me hope of a deal sending Calderon and Garcia to MIN with the pieces in return to SAC and TOR being unknown or to be determined. There are a lot of possibilities in this scenario.

Also, DET/CLE/MIN deal will happen - I can feel it and, in my opinion, is much more likely than DD to MIN.

Comment

• LOOOOLL

who in there right mind would trade derozan???

Comment

Working...
                                X