Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HW:Ingramreporting MIN wants DeMar; Litel #2/Flynn for #5/DD (post #81 for Litel)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HW:Ingramreporting MIN wants DeMar; Litel #2/Flynn for #5/DD (post #81 for Litel)

I could not believe this.

Brian in Mankato, MN:
    Bill - I am really worried Kahn is going to screw things up even worse than the Wolves already are. Are you hearing anything on the draft? Potential trades? They need a 2 guard, so I really wish they would make a play for Mayo. Thanks!

Bill Ingram:
    I understand your concern, but I have it on good authority that a two-guard is the #1 priority this summer. Honestly, I'm waiting for the press conference about Rambis being fired . . .when a team is as good on paper and as bad in the standings as the Wolves were last season, something has to give. They're offering up the #2 pick in an effort to grab a true shooting guard, and I've heard the player they have targeted is DeRozan.

Read more NBA news and insight: http://www.hoopsworld.com/Chat.asp?C...#ixzz1OWDtl7IA
    or this:

Drew in Minny:
    If you are tpups now that you have Rubio what do you do with #2? Trade if so for who? or take Williams or Kanter? Also what happens if Williams goes 1 and Irving falls to 2?

Bill Ingram:
    Irving won't fall. Bank on that. And the Wolves don't need Kanter or Williams. They trade the #2 for a shooting guard. Think DeRozan.

Read more NBA news and insight: http://www.hoopsworld.com/Chat.asp?C...#ixzz1OWEB2QAM
    Personally, I call b.s.

Rubio and DeMar in the backcourt would be one of the worst distance shooting pairings of all time.

With DeMar's potential just scratching the surface and the amount of work already put in to him, I would not entertain such thoughts for an unknown commodity in the draft (Williams or Kanter).

What do you think?

If they're willing to give up the #2 in a package (and without having to give up the #5 pick) and we could jettison either Calderon in the deal, I'd listen. Minnesota has some assets (Wes Johnson, Beasley, Flynn).

Comment

Derozen, no
      @sweatpantsjer

Comment

MangoKid wrote: View Post
        If they're willing to give up the #2 in a package (and without having to give up the #5 pick) and we could jettison either Calderon in the deal, I'd listen. Minnesota has some assets (Wes Johnson, Beasley, Flynn).
        The T-Wolves only have one asset that is worth DeRozan, and that's Love, who the Raptors have no room for and who the T-Wolves wouldn't give up for DeRozan. It's great that they want DeRozan, but taking on a bunch of mediocre players for DeRozan would be an absolutely horrendous trade for the Raptors, and Colangelo isn't stupid.
        Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
        Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Unless we trade him for a all-star type player i'll be very, very disappointed. Demar has embraced toronto and done such a fantastic job representing the city and team in the short time he's been here. He's really only started to scratch the surface too.
          @sweatpantsjer

Comment

If it is a straight swap, than its lateral for us, and even regressive, due to the fact that Demar has embraced the city. The only way I do it is if the Wolves overpay. If we can convert one asset into two, I would consider it.

Comment

I don't like it at all. I can totally understand why they would want him. He's growing by leaps and bounds. He has the potential to be the type of slasher who can get to the charity stripe 8-10 times a game. Every team would like to have that.

Comment

Maybe you can justify by arguing you get Williams under contract for 4 years and can use the #5 on Burks and get him for 4 years as well (maybe longer under the new CBA). Still, I don't see this deal doing much for Toronto. Given BC's constant harping on how young the team is, I have trouble seeing him making it even younger and more inexperienced.

Comment

Tim W. wrote: View Post
                  The T-Wolves only have one asset that is worth DeRozan, and that's Love, who the Raptors have no room for and who the T-Wolves wouldn't give up for DeRozan. It's great that they want DeRozan, but taking on a bunch of mediocre players for DeRozan would be an absolutely horrendous trade for the Raptors, and Colangelo isn't stupid.
                  So the #2 pick isn't an asset? Beasley is an asset (despite the character concerns - he did put up some solid numbers this season), as is Johnson. I'm not condoning a straight up deal involving the #2 pick and Derozan, but if the Wolves wish to overpay for DeRozan, I'm sure Colangelo would be willing to listen.
                  Last edited by MangoKid; Mon Jun 6, 2011, 02:25 PM.

Comment

I am not as high on Derozan like some fans. I see that he has made great strides, but the #2 + (something special) would peek my curiosity. I have no problems with Derozan offensively, it is his defence that would make me bite on this trade. That said, I think a lot of his defensive problems are due to our coaching and I honestly think a player of Derozan's athletic talent would be a much better defender if he developed with the bulls or Spurs.

Comment

I do like DeRozan, but I don't think he's untouchable. If the right package comes along, I'd wouldn't think twice about dealing him.

Comment

The only way I could see the Raps even considering a deal surrounding #2 pick for DeRozan, would be if a third team was involved, since nothing the Wolves have would be worth even starting a discussion over (aside from Love).

The Wolves' need for a SG and their desire to add some veteran leadership were the reasons I had thought about including Barbosa in a potential deal, along with Calderon, for the #2 pick (and players obviously, most likely Flynn and others for salary matching). Obviously the details would need to get ironed out and it may take a third team to make it happen, but I could genuinely see Minny having use for Calderon (veteran PG to distribute the ball and mentor Rubio) and Barbosa (could start at SG and provide veteran leadership).
                        Last edited by CalgaryRapsFan; Mon Jun 6, 2011, 02:34 PM.

Comment

Matt,there's a reason you didn't believe this, it's because it's bullshit. Let's get the #2 pick in a one-man draft for a guy that's already shown he's on his way to be a good NBA player. C'mon. They can't possibly think that highly of Kanter or Knight that they'll waste the last two years spent on DeRozan. Also, BC wants to accelerate the rebuild, not take a step back by giving up DD!

Fukin' Hoopsworld.

Comment

if they wish to over pay for deebo then we got no choice but to listen........love MUST be included in the deal as well to even consider moving derozan.
                            maybe the love plus the #2 pick which is an over payment in every sence but thats what it would take in my mind for minny to even come close to acquiring demar

Comment

What would be so bullshit about them wanting him? (No one said Bryan is shopping him)
                              Last edited by MyMomLovesMe; Mon Jun 6, 2011, 02:40 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X