Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HW:Ingramreporting MIN wants DeMar; Litel #2/Flynn for #5/DD (post #81 for Litel)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Arsenalist wrote: View Post
    Matt,there's a reason you didn't believe this, it's because it's bullshit. Let's get the #2 pick in a one-man draft for a guy that's already shown he's on his way to be a good NBA player. C'mon. They can't possibly think that highly of Kanter or Knight that they'll waste the last two years spent on DeRozan. Also, BC wants to accelerate the rebuild, not take a step back by giving up DD!

Fukin' Hoopsworld.
    I know. Trust me, lol. My original thread was not as diplomatic towards Billy.

My original interpretation was that he 1) does not think very highly of DD's value, and 2) he must think BC has become a crack addict and MIN has the last rock.

Comment

Ingram also says in the chat:

I've been told by the Wolves that Toronto is the frontrunner for the #2 so far, but there's lots of time for someone else to make an offer Kahn can't refuse.
      So, it's not like it's 100% that the Raps would have to trade Derozan for that #2 pick.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
        I know. Trust me, lol. My original thread was not as diplomatic towards Billy.

My original interpretation was that he 1) does not think very highly of DD's value, and 2) he must think BC has become a crack addict and MIN has the last rock.
        lol this one is a bit of a laugher BC must of developed a love for the rock if he thinking about dealing demar....................it is interesting though, since i want to see what people out there think his trade value out there is considering hes one of the very few on our team that would draw alot of interest from teams....

Comment

blaze89 wrote: View Post
          if they wish to over pay for deebo then we got no choice but to listen........love MUST be included in the deal as well to even consider moving derozan.
          maybe the love plus the #2 pick which is an over payment in every sence but thats what it would take in my mind for minny to even come close to acquiring demar
          OK, getting warmer, but know that Kevin Love is a power forward and a notoriously poor defender. I could see AJ or Ed moving the other way in that case. Still think it's total BS and DeRozan is close to untouchable for the Raptors. They've invested too much in him to trade him for any sort of question mark right now.

Comment

This is complete BS. If BC does this I'm going to have to pull out my pitchfork.

Comment

MangoKid wrote: View Post
              If they're willing to give up the #2 in a package (and without having to give up the #5 pick) and we could jettison either Calderon in the deal, I'd listen. Minnesota has some assets (Wes Johnson, Beasley, Flynn).
              What BC knows that we all dont is if there is any interest in the #2 pick. Then the pick could be flipped.
              Certain teams get really excited about certain players - for example Portland is really high on Kemba.... who knows maybe there is a team out there that is really high on Williams...

if so you ship out Calderon and Derozen in one deal and get back beasly + flynn+ #2
              then ship out #2 and bargs in another deal and get a legit center

Then Draft Leonard - I think we all like DeMarr but if there is a net clear gain for the team you have to consider no one untouchable.

But again I only do this deal if you have the flip in place to move #2 - for a Center.
              DEALS I would consider
              #2 + Bargs for Granger/Hibbert
              #2 + Bargs for Gordon + Jordan S&T (clippers)
              "I may be wrong ... but I doubt it"

Comment

Arsenalist wrote: View Post
                OK, getting warmer, but know that Kevin Love is a power forward and a notoriously poor defender. I could see AJ or Ed moving the other way in that case. Still think it's total BS and DeRozan is close to untouchable for the Raptors. They've invested too much in him to trade him for any sort of question mark right now.
                without question, i dont see why this deal would be beneficial for toronto in any sense i like the direction were heading right now but i can see toronto having discussions with minny for the #2 pick, so obviously demars name is going to come up since hes our best asset.
                most likely it all is just smoke and mirrors though.

Comment

Would you guys consider Bargnani, DeRozan, #5 pick for Love, Johnson, and #2 pick ?(plus whatever other players required to make salaries match) I think people here are possibly overstating Demar's potential value in a trade. That said, there is the possibility that DD continues to improve and could be a potential all star down the road (then again, maybe not)... Also, I think that Minnesota is going to want more than Calderon and Barbossa for their #2 pick. Kahn isn't the best GM in the league, but I am pretty sure he is not that stupid.

Comment

Not happening. Derozan going, that is. There's just no way. Still, it's good to know that Toronto is continuously mentioned in the context of nabbing the 2nd pick from Minnesota.

Comment

Raptor luck will go as follows:
                      Derrick williams becomes an extraordinary player a consistent 25,5,5 guy with tough defence and a leadership quality that makes him championship worthy.
                      Derozan suffers a string of injuries and never realizes his prime, only to be traded one day for a mid-first round pick and veteran big man.
                      all because we never traded for the #2 pick. (btw if we did the trade the opposite fortunes would happen to the respective player)
                      The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

Donnie Brasco wrote: View Post
                        Would you guys consider Bargnani, DeRozan, #5 pick for Love, Johnson, and #2 pick ?
                        I would vomit if the Raps made that deal. Love's inflated stats would go through the floor once he got on a real team.
                        Johnson is more question marks than promise and this years #2 pick is an albatross for any team with a glut @ PF like Toronto / Ed Davis / Amir / Reggie / sometimes Kleiza/JJohnson
                        "I may be wrong ... but I doubt it"

Comment

I just spent a few minutes trying to figure out a way this works for Toronto and nothing really jumped out except for something like this:

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=3kb9wbo

And then we exchange picks. I have a feeling Love is untouchable at the moment though so I don't see that happening. Johnson would replace DD as our potential 2 of the future (not sure why he is at the three, he is a 2 size wise) and we would draft Williams or Irving. We would have this:

Caldy/Bayless Irving
                          Wesley Johnson/Barbosa
                          JJ/Kleiza Williams
                          Davis/Bargs
                          Love/Alabi

My only thought at this roster is "meh". Unless another team is brought in I think this one's a dud.
                          "Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival."

-Churchill

Comment

I call BS on this trade. Why give up a promising, hard working and high potential player in DeRozan in a draft this weak. Even if it is the number 2 pick I'd rather keep DD. Who on this team will get to the line consistently like he can. He's only scratched the surface of his potential.

Comment

You gotta give up something of value in order to get something of value. I'd take their #2 pick along with their first round pick in next years draft. No thanks to Kevin Love...I like bigs that can block shots and defend and not just reboud.

Comment

Sometimes fans over value their teams players because of an emotional attachment but in this case I don't think so. We have witnessed DeMar really improve his offensive game last year and considering the candidates for HC his play at the other end is going to become more of a priority than it was under Triano.
                                I sure like the talk about going after the 2nd pick but giving up a rising star for the unknown is too steep a price.
                                I thought Bargnani was our best player why wouldn't they want Bargs?

Comment

Working...
                                X