Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HW:Ingramreporting MIN wants DeMar; Litel #2/Flynn for #5/DD (post #81 for Litel)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

charlz wrote: View Post
    Love's inflated stats would go through the floor once he got on a real team.
    Are you talking about Toronto? lol

To be honest I am not in love () with this trade either. I would be interested in moving up in the draft, but I don't want to part with Ed or Demar either (or any future first round picks either... Fck Brian Burke). Anyone else on the roster I would be happy to move on draft day.

Kevin Love should bolt from Minny as soon as his rookie deal is up, and go play with Dwight wherever he is playing by then. That would be a ridiculous C / PF combo.

PS. The one thing I do like about the original trade I proposed, would be the hilarity of seeing Bargnani (who I am certain will be thrilled to be traded to the coldest city in the NBA lol) and Darko playing together in the same front court... Maybe they would prove everyone wrong and lead Minnesota to the promised land.... Probably not though lol.
    Last edited by Donnie Brasco; Mon Jun 6, 2011, 04:17 PM.

Comment

Mediumcore wrote: View Post
      You gotta give up something of value in order to get something of value. I'd take their #2 pick along with their first round pick in next years draft. No thanks to Kevin Love...I like bigs that can block shots and defend and not just reboud.
      I think the Clippers hold their pick for next season.

Comment

I'd be willing to give up DeRozan on two conditions: 1) we get top tier talent in return, 2) we somehow fill our need at center.

I'm thinking, if Minny is willing to overpay for DeRozan, let them, and flip some of the return in a 3-way trade:

Raps give: DeRozan, Bayless, Amir

Miinny gives: #2, Rubio, Wes Johnson, Webster

Clippers give: Kaman

Basically, trade DeRozan, Amir and Bayless to MIN for Rubio, Johnson and the #2, flipping the pick to the Clippers for Kaman

Rubio/Calderon
        Wes Johnson/Barbosa
        Webster/Johnson
        Bargnani/Davis
        Kaman/Davis

I wouldn't mind that team.

Comment

MangoKid wrote: View Post
          Except for a draft day trade, they have to. They traded this year's pick to CLE and next year's went to BOS through OKC. A team must have a first round draft pick every second year.

Comment

MangoKid wrote: View Post
            To tell you the truth, the only reason I would entertain trading Derozan is because it's easier to find a 3 point shooting SG than a 3 point shooting SF. And the Raptors need 3 point shooting.

Comment

Demar and Bayless for Beasley, Wes and 2nd overall pick
              NBADoppelgangers.tumblr.com

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                Except for a draft day trade, they have to. They traded this year's pick to CLE and next year's went to BOS through OKC. A team must have a first round draft pick every second year.
                Mango was referring to the fact that LAC has Minny's 2012 1st rounder and he is correct, plus their own is protected at this point. You are bang on that the clippers don't have their pick this year.

Comment

Ok, I'll jump into the crazy pool. If they want DD, how about DD and Calderon for #2, Pekovic, Webster and Flynn, then Bargnani to Utah for Okur (salary and expiring) and #3, Barbosa and Flynn to SAC for #7. Webster somewhere for a SG.

Draft Williams, Kanter, Knight and Burks, become the youngest most inexperienced team in the league, but at least have potential...

This would never happen, reasoning not the least of BC would never do it.
                  It would be interesting with a lineup of:
                  PG: BKnight, JBayless
                  SG: ABurks, ??Webster trade??, FA??
                  SF: DWilliams, JJ, Kleiza
                  PF: ED, Amir
                  C: Kanter, Pekovic, Okur
                  Turnovers aplenty, but exciting and athletic.

Comment

enlightenment wrote: View Post
                    Raptor luck will go as follows:
                    Derrick williams becomes an extraordinary player a consistent 25,5,5 guy with tough defence and a leadership quality that makes him championship worthy.
                    Derozan suffers a string of injuries and never realizes his prime, only to be traded one day for a mid-first round pick and veteran big man.
                    all because we never traded for the #2 pick. (btw if we did the trade the opposite fortunes would happen to the respective player)
                    ok why would u ever want that to happen to a player, even if u hate him or hes on a different team, u want everyone in the nba to succeed, and besides 25/5/5 for dwill?, hes a pf n only gets 5 rebounds(bargs gets that much), and has a horrible A/TO ratio, so u want dwill to give u 5 assists and 7 TOs? good luck winning

Comment

Donnie Brasco wrote: View Post
                      Are you talking about Toronto? lol

To be honest I am not in love () with this trade either. I would be interested in moving up in the draft, but I don't want to part with Ed or Demar either (or any future first round picks either... Fck Brian Burke). Anyone else on the roster I would be happy to move on draft day.

Kevin Love should bolt from Minny as soon as his rookie deal is up, and go play with Dwight wherever he is playing by then. That would be a ridiculous C / PF combo.

PS. The one thing I do like about the original trade I proposed, would be the hilarity of seeing Bargnani (who I am certain will be thrilled to be traded to the coldest city in the NBA lol) and Darko playing together in the same front court... Maybe they would prove everyone wrong and lead Minnesota to the promised land.... Probably not though lol.
                      LOL. Funniest post of the thread.

Just an observation on the Love/Howard tandem...not a good idea...2 very good rebounders in the same frontcourt rarely tend to coexist well. Ironically I think AB and Howard would do well.

Comment

derozan is not untradeable cause tbh I am starting to think he is a great athlete but not a ball player I would push for MIN #2 and #20

Comment

Maleko wrote: View Post
                          Mango was referring to the fact that LAC has Minny's 2012 1st rounder and he is correct, plus their own is protected at this point. You are bang on that the clippers don't have their pick this year.
                          Their own is protected in 2012 but a protected pick still does not count to the requirement that a team must have a first round pick every second year. The only way the MIN 2012 pick is traded before draft night is if a 2012 1st round pick is returned as part of the deal. LAC dealt 2011 pick (Davis deal with CLE), 2012 (Bledsoe with OKC) with protections (but does not matter) thus are left with only MIN's pick which they must keep unless they acquire another 2012 1st rounder in the deal or in another deal that is consummated before the deal with the MIN 2012 pick.

Comment

Beasley, Flynn and the #2 for Derozan and Calderone.

Beasley is 22, over 19 per last season, has turned a corner on attitude, is maturing into an on-court leader and would look great in a Raptors uniform. Beasley is an all-star in the next few years.

Straight up, Beasly and Derozan are different players, but both have great potential.
                            I love Demar as a Rap, but if you're honest, this trade makes too much sense. We walk away a better team

Comment

DeMar is looking fairly solid, but he was drafted #9, guys. He is a terrible 3 point shooter and a terrible defender, and while he is sure to improve, the question is: how much? Wanting love plus the number 2 pick for Derozan is a joke. We couldn't get love for derozan stright up in a million years, let alone him plus the two pick. DeMar is intriguing, but I think both Williams and Kantner are likely to be better Nba players than Derozan over their career. I would be very tempted for Demar for the #2 pick straight up.

Comment

While I don't think DD is untouchable trade-wise, I don't believe Minnesota has anything they would be willing to give up to be worth trading Demar. No, the #2 pick wouldn't be enough for someone Toronto has invested a lot in 2 years. Trading away Derozan for any unproven player would be a step back in the rebuilding process. That's especially true in a weak draft like this one.

Comment

Working...
                                X