Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should The Raps take a chance on Iverson?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry to be mister opposite, but I don't see why there is no concern in signing Ajinca for about a million, however there is so much hate towards a guy who can still get maybe 15 pts per game, a guy who has playoff experience for about the same amount of cash. Get over his ego, the fella can play basketball. Same thing with JR Smith in Denver.

Comment

Stahmenah_Vybz wrote: View Post
      Iverson apparently wants another shot at the NBA. Should the Raps take a chance on him to mentor Bayless?

Just a thought. What do you guys think?
      Even when he was quick and not totally useless the guy was a team killer coach killer.
      He is broke now and is begging for another shot @ some NBA money.

HE WILL NEVER PLAY IN THE NBA - unless its a 10 day for some team looking to sell tickets late in a lost season.
      "I may be wrong ... but I doubt it"

Comment

northgrantballer wrote: View Post
        Sorry to be mister opposite, but I don't see why there is no concern in signing Ajinca for about a million, however there is so much hate towards a guy who can still get maybe 15 pts per game, a guy who has playoff experience for about the same amount of cash. Get over his ego, the fella can play basketball. Same thing with JR Smith in Denver.
        3 or the last 4 teams the guy has played on got BETTER upon him leaving. He's a massive distraction and would not be a good influence at all for the young players on the team, who need to learn hard work and professionalism, but won't from a guy who demands special treatment where ever he goes and continually displays a lack of maturity. Even in his prime, he wasn't a good defender, and needs a lot of shots in order to be effective, which means that the young players who should be getting more shots get fewer. And all for what? His 15 ppg? And what would his 15 ppg do? Is it going to help in the long term? No. Is it going to hurt in the long term? Yes. Considering the long term is the focus here, then signing Iverson would be a massively, horrendously stupid idea.

And JR Smith is a knucklehead who scores and nothing else. He ends up hurting his team just as much or more than he actually helps it. If you want guys like that on your team, fine. I don't.
        Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
        Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Quixotic wrote: View Post
          When has Iverson been "most people"?
          Everyone changes their ways one way or the other or sometime or the other! Do you not agree?

Comment

Everyone changes their ways one way or the other or sometime or the other! Do you not agree?
            Well, no. Most of the time they simply regress to who they were. And what's the upside to taking Iverson? That he plays well enough to take time and shots away from young players who need it to develop? They already have Barbosa, who is a better player, at this point, and far more professional. And he's an unnecessary luxury I would like to see traded.
            Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
            Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Iverson apparently wants another shot at the NBA. Should the Raps take a chance on him to mentor Bayless?

Just a thought. What do you guys think?
              No. Nonononononono. No! No... NO!!!

Comment

keefec wrote: View Post
                are u seriously comparing walker to iverson? one of the best scorers in NBA's history?
                u never know my friend...

Comment

Tim W. wrote: View Post
                  So you think that Walker is going to be a mediocre defending, ball dominating, undersized SG who will really only have one year where he's more of a positive impact than negative one? So you already criticizing the pick of Walker even before it's made?
                  No but from the looks of it you are. I was only comparing walker to iverson cause of his size and we all know that i was just joking... well most of us. Walker is a great defender for his size and he is not ball dominating. He was asked to do most of the scoring so he did that, not anyone can single handedly win the NCAA Tournament. And stop twisting my comment like a damn news reporter.

Comment

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                    No but from the looks of it you are. I was only comparing walker to iverson cause of his size and we all know that i was just joking... well most of us. Walker is a great defender for his size and he is not ball dominating. He was asked to do most of the scoring so he did that, not anyone can single handedly win the NCAA Tournament. And stop twisting my comment like a damn news reporter.
                    I don't think "we all" knew you were joking, because "we all" have seen serious posts like that all the time, so I'm not quite sure how you think we can tell the difference between the serious ones and the not serious ones, especially when, no offense, none of us know you.

And my comment was a criticism of Iverson, not Walker. I thought that was clear.
                    Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

I don't think "we all" knew you were joking, because "we all" have seen serious posts like that all the time, so I'm not quite sure how you think we can tell the difference between the serious ones and the not serious ones, especially when, no offense, none of us know you.

And my comment was a criticism of Iverson, not Walker. I thought that was clear.
                      you can't but most people might be able to. Can you read peoples minds? didn't think so

Comment

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                        you can't but most people might be able to. Can you read peoples minds? didn't think so
                        For example, I have absolutely no idea how to take your comment.
                        Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

For example, I have absolutely no idea how to take your comment.
                          like a man

Comment

This is possibly the worst idea ever. I would rather have Triano suited up than AI. Iverson is no longer "The Answer", but instead "The Wrong Answer".

Comment

When was the last time AI played anything close to a full season?
                              Even if he's on his best behavior (did I just write that about a grown man? best behavior?),
                              those "old man" injuries make it a bad investment.

Comment

blackjitsu wrote: View Post
                                When was the last time AI played anything close to a full season?
                                Even if he's on his best behavior (did I just write that about a grown man? best behavior?),
                                those "old man" injuries make it a bad investment.
                                I don't disagree, but I got to say it stung a little bit when you mentioned the "old man" injuries.
                                Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Working...
                                X