• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Draft Profile: Brandon Knight

Seems like a nice guy.

what a classy kid.

Comment

So cliche... 99% of these dudes always sound the same, saying the exact same BS. Even though sometimes they may truly believe what they say. I loved that he said he watched Tim Hardaway though, one of my all time faves!

I'd take him before Kemba though, 'cause I like the fact he's younger, bigger, and perhaps better upside.

Kanter goes before both without sayin'...

Comment

He's a really, really smart kid. Gym rat too. I'd love to have him on the raps.
        @sweatpantsjer

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
          He's a really, really smart kid. Gym rat too. I'd love to have him on the raps.
          +1

Comment

Question: Say the Raps move up to #2 without giving up Demar, Ed, or a future 1st round pick (unless lottery / + 10 protected) (I dunno how you make that trade... I guess you are looking at getting rid of some combination of #5 pick, Bayless, Amir, Calderon, Barbosa, Bargnani, and taking back whatever whack contracts Minny is trying to dump) ...

Would you think about drafting this dude before Williams or Kanter???

I am kind of thinking about the 2005 Marvin Williams / Chris Paul / Deron Williams scenario.

What if Knight is as good as / better than Irving? And could be better than Williams / Kanter also.

We could be looking at our franchise PG going to play in Utah.
            Last edited by Donnie Brasco; Wed Jun 8, 2011, 04:32 AM.

Comment

who the hell is that amateur on the right holding a blackberry to record the interview lol

Comment

Chrish Boss wrote: View Post
                who the hell is that amateur on the right holding a blackberry to record the interview lol
                Welcome to the Blogashphere my friend...

Comment

Donnie Brasco wrote: View Post
                  Question: Say the Raps move up to #2 without giving up Demar, Ed, or a future 1st round pick (unless lottery / + 10 protected) (I dunno how you make that trade... I guess you are looking at getting rid of some combination of #5 pick, Bayless, Amir, Calderon, Barbosa, Bargnani, and taking back whatever whack contracts Minny is trying to dump) ...

Would you think about drafting this dude before Williams or Kanter???

I am kind of thinking about the 2005 Marvin Williams / Chris Paul / Deron Williams scenario.

What if Knight is as good as / better than Irving? And could be better than Williams / Kanter also.

We could be looking at our franchise PG going to play in Utah.
                  Drafts are a crap shoot. But as with any draft.. there are going to be a few busts and atleast one stud. It boils down to either who has a top notch scouting crew and player evaluation tools, or (and what I think is more likely) who gets lucky as hell and takes the right player at the right time.

I'd love for the Raps to draft a franchise player, but I'd be more than happy with a guy who can contribute day in and day out and help improve the team in the long run.

Comment

I do like Knight's game and his personality. He may in fact be better than Irving (but I admit to not being very high on Irving as a #1 pick), and he is probably the best mix of size and athleticism at PG. Think he might be a bit of a project as a PG adjusting to the NBA game though. Oh well, as GarbageTime said, drafts are a crap shoot. At 5 we have a good shot at getting a solid asset who can either be a contributor or something to dangle.

Comment

Sounds like he gave a good interview. Both he and Walker mentioned they know DeRozan.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                        Sounds like he gave a good interview. Both he and Walker mentioned they know DeRozan.
                        I think DeMar is a starting SG by night and a Raptors scout by day.
                        NBADoppelgangers.tumblr.com

Comment

Sounds like trade bait to me...

Several teams love Brandon Knight. If he does not go #3 to Utah, there is a chance he goes #4 to Cleveland and they try and trade him, if Cleveland passes (as they should), Toronto will grab him at #5 – because teams want Brandon Knight.
                          Source: HoopsWorld.com

Comment

e2thed wrote: View Post
                            I think DeMar is a starting SG by night and a Raptors scout by day.
                            DeMar knows everyone. the guy has connections

Comment

I like knight, Probably a bit better than Walker because I think he has a lot of potential to be a good NBA PG.
                              This might be the fact that John Callipari's guards have had great success in the NBA in the past few years (people doubted Derrick Rose if he can be a true pg too)
                              If i have the pick and knight's on the board, he's the guy.

Comment

Working...
                              X