Chad Ford Mock Draft 4.0: Raptors select Jan Vesely

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jay_Dubyah wrote: View Post
    First of all, I am still scratching my head over why we let Shawn Marion go. We need a tough-nosed defender, rebounding machine, freak athlete at the 3 to make up for Andrea's lackluster D and rebounding. Kawhi Leonard is the easy choice. Look at how Marion is shutting down Lebron. Kawhi Leonard has all the skills and determination to become the next Marion. Plus, he knows DeRozan. That's a bonus.
    Kawhi Leonard working out for Wizards

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

e2thed wrote: View Post
      If we are the worst defensive team in the league 2 years in a row, then we should trade down and get Bismack, Who cares about offense when you can probably average 3 blocks a game.
      Something tells me this whole idea of trading down to get Biyombo is a huge risk, in that I don't think the kid is gonna fall too far. Some GM with balls is gonna pick him (especially if the kid impresses in his European workouts) fairly high. If Kanter is gone by the fifth pick, I'd have to seriously think long and hard about taking BB, or Kemba. Kemba just has winner written all over him. More of a sure thing than Knight, and I don't see Knight having a considerably higher upside. But maybe draft Biyombo and play him at centre. The Shaq era is over, and there are very few huge beastly centres left. I totally think BB can play centre the way the league is now. A daring move, but seriously, if ever there was a draft to make a daring move in...

Comment

First of all, I am still scratching my head over why we let Shawn Marion go. We need a tough-nosed defender, rebounding machine, freak athlete at the 3 to make up for Andrea's lackluster D and rebounding. Kawhi Leonard is the easy choice. Look at how Marion is shutting down Lebron. Kawhi Leonard has all the skills and determination to become the next Marion. Plus, he knows DeRozan. That's a bonus.
        Mario wasn't "let go". He was a free agent and didn't want to re-sign with Toronto. Colangelo offered him a contract, but he didn't take it. Colangelo also offered another tough-nosed defender and freak athlete, in Trevor Ariza, a contract, but he chose to sign for less elsewhere.
        Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
        Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
          Kawhi Leonard working out for Wizards

Ouch. I don't think I've missed that many open shots at the foul line as he did in that video. The earlier clips I've seen showed his jumpshot had improved. Apparently not.
          Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
          Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Jay did not know how to use him, adding him to our lineup did not even register a blip on our radar. People keep saying Jay never had the players, he had a much more balanced Roster than Mitchell had and it had little impact on us winning games.

Bryan paid a high price for Marion, and it did nothing for us. (..and yes Marion wanted to leave, I would too)

Comment

Tim W. wrote: View Post
              I'd be fine with that except the Raptors already have Ed Davis. If the Raptors are going to trade Bargnani, then it would be nice to get a center who can also (key word there: also) score. That's one reason I'm so big on them drafting Kanter. The danger is reacting too far the other way and getting a good defensive team that can't score to save their life.
              Like Milwaukee?

Comment

Man I can not stand Chad ford all he is doing is projecting us to pick a euro because BC is our gm we need defense why does he pick is with a defensive player? During the combine watch the reactions of the other people when he talks I know they want to call him a idiot

Comment

MyMomLovesMe wrote: View Post
                  Jay did not know how to use him, adding him to our lineup did not even register a blip on our radar. People keep saying Jay never had the players, he had a much more balanced Roster than Mitchell had and it had little impact on us winning games.

Bryan paid a high price for Marion, and it did nothing for us. (..and yes Marion wanted to leave, I would too)
                  Well, it didn't register a blip except for the fact that the team won 9 of their last 13 games that season. And they had Bosh, Marion, Bargnani, and injured Calderon and a bunch of below average players, including 2 backup PGs that didn't even last a year in the league after that. It's strange that Triano didn't somehow figure out a way to make that a playoff team.
                  Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

grindhouse wrote: View Post
                    Man I can not stand Chad ford all he is doing is projecting us to pick a euro because BC is our gm we need defense why does he pick is with a defensive player? During the combine watch the reactions of the other people when he talks I know they want to call him a idiot
                    dont forget he also projected Tristan Thompson as well just because hes from Toronto. Gotta love the american bias of our canadian franchises.

Comment

if kanter isnt there ten trade down
                      ya dun noe

Comment

e2thed wrote: View Post
                        If we are the worst defensive team in the league 2 years in a row, then we should trade down and get Bismack, Who cares about offense when you can probably average 3 blocks a game.
                        4.26 but that is still horrible. I really hope we get Bismack. Everyone wants Kanters because he has better O but I don't see the point of that. We didn't have prob offensive, we had probs defensively and Bismack IMO is the best defensive player in this draft. He's physically ready to play in the NBA and he's young so he has plenty of time to work on his footwork/offensive. He has the best defensive instincts in the draft which you can't teach.

Toronto Raptors | 99.1 PT | .465 of 82.4 FG | .755 of 24.1 FT | .316 of 13.3 3P | 40.3/11.7 RB | 21.89 AS | 4.26 BL | 7.09 ST | 14.05 TO | 22.04 PF | 82 G
                        the Raptors stat ranks: #6 PF | #7 FGM | #8 TO | #8 FG% | #8 Off. Rebs. | #12 FGA | #14 Assists | #15 FTM | #17 Points | #19 FTA | #21 Rebounds | #22 Steals | #22 FT% | #26 Blocks | #27 Def. Rebs. | #29 3PA | #29 3PM | #30 3P%
                        Last edited by RaptorsFan4Life; Wed Jun 8, 2011, 06:22 PM.

Comment

Im pretty sure he wanted to leave.

Comment

Ford did say that Vesely was at the top of the Euro board for the Raps. I dont know if he'd be brazen enough to write that if he did not have some inside info. That said it does not mean the Raps will pick Vesely @ #5. And I hope not.

I wonder if there is a dna test to ensure if these guys can actually put on weight... and keep it. This guy is rail thin and would get slapped around unless he had a high motor and an "attitude" ala Kirilenko.

I am feeling Kemba...actually "scared" we pass him over and he turns out to be a CP3. His intangibles (leadership and will) just jump out when I read anything about him. He was in town today (or was it yesterday)...does anyone have any info on it?

Comment

Word is Vesely had a really good game. Be afraid.
                              @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Bendit wrote: View Post
                                Ford did say that Vesely was at the top of the Euro board for the Raps. I dont know if he'd be brazen enough to write that if he did not have some inside info. That said it does not mean the Raps will pick Vesely @ #5. And I hope not.

I wonder if there is a dna test to ensure if these guys can actually put on weight... and keep it. This guy is rail thin and would get slapped around unless he had a high motor and an "attitude" ala Kirilenko.

I am feeling Kemba...actually "scared" we pass him over and he turns out to be a CP3. His intangibles (leadership and will) just jump out when I read anything about him. He was in town today (or was it yesterday)...does anyone have any info on it?

Yep, Kemba and Knight were in town yesterday doing workouts, although at separate times and not against each other. Go to http://www.nba.com/raptors/2011draft for interviews and other insight.

Comment

Working...
                                X