The Bismack Biyombo Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dunking on everybody:

Bismack Biyombo had an excellent workout for the Raptors in New York City, where he showed a significantly better offensive arsenal than he had last week in Treviso, according to multiple sources who were present to see him dunk on opponents repeatedly.
    Source: Yahoo Sports

Comment

I don't like him at the 5th pick, but I'd love to get a second top 10 pick and use it on him. Wrote a little spiel on possibly acquiring Biyombo on my blog.

http://raptorsrealm.blogspot.com/

Comment

DraftExpress wrote:
        Measurements just handed out here at the EuroCamp. Bismack Biyombo 6-8 w/out shoes, 7-6 wingspan, 9-4 standing reach, 245 lbs, 4.2% body fat
        2011-06-11 12:49:27

http://www.draftexpress.com

Pretty much what I've been saying.

AMAZING shot blocker
        Natural feel of offense
        Great rebound
        Great help side D
        Can run pick and roll to the basket
        Offensive rebound and dunk
        Can dunk well
        Explosive

Raw back to the basket
        Raw jumpshooter
        Raw offensively overall

The offensively shouldn't really matter to us, we have Alex English and other great offensive coaches that can teach him O, he does EVERYTHING we need a player right now with crazy potential. DRAFT HIM NOW!

Edit:

Last edited by RaptorsFan4Life; Wed Jun 22, 2011, 06:09 AM.

Comment

More here: http://www.youtube.com/user/bboyskinnylegs
          Last edited by RaptorsFan4Life; Wed Jun 22, 2011, 12:45 PM.

Comment

If you're drafting Biyombo you need to put the blinders on in terms of offense. You need to look right past it, nothing to see here, and determine if what he can give you on defense and the glass will be that outstanding that you can live with the limitations of offense. His personality is one that suggests in a few years he could be a strong leader. #5 seems a stretch but #10, which is on the block, would make sense.

Comment

5 is not too high. after reading the grantland article and hollinger talk about him im sold on him. hes going to be a strong, strong defender for years. dude is absolutely legit and less of a question mark than say, knight or kanter.
              @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                If you're drafting Biyombo you need to put the blinders on in terms of offense. You need to look right past it, nothing to see here, and determine if what he can give you on defense and the glass will be that outstanding that you can live with the limitations of offense. His personality is one that suggests in a few years he could be a strong leader. #5 seems a stretch but #10, which is on the block, would make sense.
                He could end up being a steal at #10 though. He is very intriguing, because I feel he could potentially be a much more important player in the NBA than any other player in the draft. If you could draft a young Ben Wallace, having known the career he has had, would you draft him top 5? Even if he had no offense whatsoever? But just like most of the players in this years draft, there is a lot of upside which is being talked about. No player in this draft is even close to a safe pick, I'd say Irving and Walker are the safest picks in the draft.

Comment

JoePanini wrote: View Post
                  If you could draft a young Ben Wallace, having known the career he has had, would you draft him top 5? Even if he had no offense whatsoever?
                  Of course but we don't know that and neither does anybody else. If people had that guarantee he might go number one in a draft like this one.

Comment

see that help defense? his man defense? he'd be perfect in casey's zone D.
                    @sweatpantsjer

Comment

RaptorsFan4Life wrote: View Post
                      http://www.draftexpress.com

Pretty much what I've been saying.

AMAZING shot blocker
                      Natural feel of offense
                      Great rebound
                      Great help side D
                      Can run pick and roll to the basket
                      Offensive rebound and dunk
                      Can dunk well
                      Explosive

Raw back to the basket
                      Raw jumpshooter
                      Raw offensively overall

The offensively shouldn't really matter to us, we have Alex English and other great offensive coaches that can teach him O, he does EVERYTHING we need a player right now with crazy potential. DRAFT HIM NOW!

Edit:

I love in the second vid a little after the 2min mark when the player in green hacks him, and hurts his own arm doing it!

Watching him run as a big man I am encouraged that he won't develop back problems. He seems to run instead of plod or pound his heels past the floor.

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
                        5 is not too high. after reading the grantland article and hollinger talk about him im sold on him. hes going to be a strong, strong defender for years. dude is absolutely legit and less of a question mark than say, knight or kanter.
                        I would be excited with Biyombo, and I think he is simply the reason BC said he was targeting another top 10 pick. That said I disagree and would say 5 would be too high for him, although danger that Detroit could take him at 8 if we pry Jordan's 9 or MIL's 10.

I would agree he would be a strong leader. The interviews I have seen or read I have been quite impressed with him.

Comment

Of course but we don't know that and neither does anybody else. If people had that guarantee he might go number one in a draft like this one.
                          Yeah, but no player in this draft has any guarantees. This is a draft where I think the teams drafting late in the lotto and mid-late first round will have players who will produce just as well as lottery picks. There isn't a huge difference in talent from the 5-20 pick, and anyone could potentially be the best player in the draft. Teams like San Antonio, OKC, Memphis, Boston, Miami etc.. will be the winners of this draft.

Comment

Anyone on the fence, read the grantland piece. It'll warm the cockles of your heart.
                            @sweatpantsjer

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
                              Anyone on the fence, read the grantland piece. It'll warm the cockles of your heart.
                              Dude, the last time I heard those words were from a stalker. Sent chills up my spine.

Comment

I only want to be friends!
                                @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Working...
                                X