DOUG SMITH on the draft. says raps take KEMBA @ 5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

brothersteve wrote: View Post
    No way the Raps would let Bargnani go for ANY draft pick in this draft including #1 or #2. There isn't one guy in this draft that you could say for sure will be as valuable as Bargs after 4 years - some maybes but no sure things.
    Gotta disagree here. Not that I think Bargnani WILL be traded for a top 3 pick, but as long as the player plays both ends of the court, I think he'll be more valuable than Bargnani. Definitely Irving. Williams is probably going to be at least the scorer that Bargnani is and should be a better rebounder and defender. I'd take Kanter over Bargnani on my front line, as well. Plus, none of those guys are going to be making $9 million next season.
    Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
    Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

none of the youth we have are allstars except maybe derozan. thats why we need stockpile young talent and hope we get one of them to be an allstar
      ya dun noe

Comment

The fact is that our superstar or "franchise" player is most likely in the 2012 draft. I say we hope that Kanter's available at our pick and we get him some experience next year. The last thing we should be doing is fast forwarding this rebuild by trading the 5th pick for a vet.

Comment

i hope we choose james macadoo next year.

Comment

knowledgep wrote: View Post
            The fact is that our superstar or "franchise" player is most likely in the 2012 draft. I say we hope that Kanter's available at our pick and we get him some experience next year. The last thing we should be doing is fast forwarding this rebuild by trading the 5th pick for a vet.
            NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
            i hope we choose james macadoo next year.
            Except with potential (and likely) changes to the CBA it appears the age limit will change, and therefore Mcadoo will not be in next year's draft due to ineligibility and would instead be in 2013. In fact, of the projected lottery picks for next year, 9 of them (Mcadoo, Anthony Davis, Marcus Teague, Quincy Miller, Myck Kabongo, Brad Beal, Austin Rivers, Michael Gilchrest and Adonis Thomas - from nbadraft.net) would not be eligible. While I agree with the proposed rule, it's timing sucks if it goes in in 2012!!

Comment

Maleko wrote: View Post
              Except with potential (and likely) changes to the CBA it appears the age limit will change, and therefore Mcadoo will not be in next year's draft due to ineligibility and would instead be in 2013. In fact, of the projected lottery picks for next year, 9 of them (Mcadoo, Anthony Davis, Marcus Teague, Quincy Miller, Myck Kabongo, Brad Beal, Austin Rivers, Michael Gilchrest and Adonis Thomas - from nbadraft.net) would not be eligible. While I agree with the proposed rule, it's timing sucks if it goes in in 2012!!
              Yes, I've changed my mind about raising the age limit. Now I think it's a bad idea. I may revisit that after the next draft, though.
              Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
              Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Maleko wrote: View Post
                2006 all over again.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                  2006 all over again.
                  Oh come now. All we missed out on was Greg Oden/Kevin Durant.

Comment

Working...
                  X