Casey and Chandler to the Raps?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Casey and Chandler to the Raps?

Do you think Chandler would be interested in following Casey to the Raps if he, Casey was hired as the head coach of here?

No
    @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Lol
      NBADoppelgangers.tumblr.com

Comment

Pure speculation. Moved this to the trade proposal sub-forum.

Comment

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA , N...........O....... if i was chandler there is no chance in hell id move to TO instead of Dallas just to follow the ast. coach. Would u ?

Comment

While there is no way he would come just to follow Casey, it probably would be a tick in his "FOR" column if he was considering such a move.

Comment

For a 4 year, 60 million dollar contract? Yeah, I say he would come!

With Haywood and that other young center they have, I don't know if they would re-sign Chandler to a big contract. I think they would rather keep Barrea and Caron Butler (I think that a lineup of Barrea, Terry, Butler, Marion and Dirk would be devastating to the heat).

But how much would/should the Raps be willing to spend on Chandler?

Comment

Negative

Comment

I don't know how anyone could just be saying a straight up no.. I mean it is Toronto but give me a break. We're an young team that already tried to pick him up earlier in the season and it would of worked if it wasn't for MJ. At the time, I'm pretty sure every Raptor fan was pretty excited to see Chandler come in and be the C we have been looking for, with Bargs moving to the PF. We are in desperate need of a C and I'm 100% that BC will push for Chandler.. he will no doubt be the starting C here, and if Casey ends up being the coach here I'm pretty sure we'd look alot more inticing. After his season and playoffs he will command a big amount of $ which could be a problem for many teams including Dallas.. I understand Toronto isn't the best destination for many American players but don't underestimate all the factors that could come into play.

Comment

I'd like to have Chandler on the team but he will be 29 at the start of next season and has an injury history that only cleared itself up in a contract year - that is worrisome to me.

Also, if he is the C and Bargnani stays - what happens to ED? If Bargnani goes and Chandler is brought in, who scores on that front line of ED and Chandler?

Do not forget this team only won 22 games last year. How good is it to sign Chandler to win 8 more?

Signing Chandler would be a short term benefit (1-2 seasons) and long term detriment (3 plus seasons).

Comment

All defensive team speaks out wonders to me for a raptors team.. so I think he could make a huge difference. My comment about Bargs to the PF was earlier in the season before Ed got solid minutes.. I'm not a big Bargs fan as it is so I would be fine with trading him if we got a solid player in return.. but I think if Tyson is brought in it will change the atmosphere of the team and can instill a defensive presence to the team. I'd be fine with Tyson, Reggie, Ed, and Amir as a 4 man rotation.. I think Davis' offensive game is not bad and I think it will improve with more minutes, and Amir's offense has been gettin better each year.

Comment

I also would not compare last seasons record to this years team. How many roster changes did we have? How many players did we experiment with? How many man-games did we lose to injury? And if you think adding Chandler and after another year of team development that we would only win 30 games then we mind as well just not even try then right?

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                          I'd like to have Chandler on the team but he will be 29 at the start of next season and has an injury history that only cleared itself up in a contract year - that is worrisome to me.

Also, if he is the C and Bargnani stays - what happens to ED? If Bargnani goes and Chandler is brought in, who scores on that front line of ED and Chandler?

Do not forget this team only won 22 games last year. How good is it to sign Chandler to win 8 more?

Signing Chandler would be a short term benefit (1-2 seasons) and long term detriment (3 plus seasons).
                          The Raptors need some veteran presence. And why not trade one of Amir or Ed? If Toronto has Chandler and Bargnani, the team doesn't need Amir or Davis. And if Bargnani is traded, it gives Ed a chance to improve his offensive game, and we all saw Amir develop that jumper late last season. That should only continue to improve.

Also, having a guy like Chandler could really instil a sense of defensive responsibility and allow the team to better hide Bargnani's shortcomings. I'm all for signing him, although I doubt he's going to leave the Mavs after a title unless it's for big money. And he's going to want at least 10 million a season.
                          Walking like I'm already there.

Comment

10 000 Hours wrote: View Post
                            The Raptors need some veteran presence. And why not trade one of Amir or Ed? If Toronto has Chandler and Bargnani, the team doesn't need Amir or Davis. And if Bargnani is traded, it gives Ed a chance to improve his offensive game, and we all saw Amir develop that jumper late last season. That should only continue to improve.

Also, having a guy like Chandler could really instil a sense of defensive responsibility and allow the team to better hide Bargnani's shortcomings. I'm all for signing him, although I doubt he's going to leave the Mavs after a title unless it's for big money. And he's going to want at least 10 million a season.
                            I know what the arguments of signing him are. The arguments for not signing him are much convincing.

Look at the number of teams with a lot of money tied up in players who, while good, are not all-stars. I'd rather suffer through a couple of seasons to set up a foundation with a team that would be a contender rather than settle for low playoff seeds. The ceiling on signing Chandler would be low playoff seeds in my opinion.

Comment

Casey's not a lock to be here. Detroit wants him too. Chandler already got his max money and with a chance to repeat (and if kept intact, I believe that the Mavs can), he'll re-sign for less money to stay. He already got his fat contract. Playing for the last one could yield him more cash than he can imagine (10 Mil per for another 2 years) but coming to the Raps? Why? The team has pieces but the franchise will be dysfunctional for a while. Mike Malone has been snagged as an assistant, Cho as a GM, stuff is happening everywhere while BC sips his Sangria somewhere in Spain and Bargs is packing it in somewhere in Mexico.

Yea, those guys can't wait to come here.
                              “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

Working...
                              X