Jose Wants To Be A Laker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jose Wants To Be A Laker

Jose Calderon mentioned in a Spanish interview that he’d like to play for the Lakers when asked what team he’d like to play for:
    “Obviously everybody would like to play for Boston or the Lakers, because apart from being two of the best teams, everything around them is amazing. When you watch that, you’re like, “How cool!” But you’ve got to realize that it’s difficult to get a spot there.”

Jose Calderon has played all six of his seasons with the Toronto Raptors. Calderon, has career averages of 9.8 points, 7.0 assists, and 2.5 rebounds per game. Calderon in his career shoots 49% from the field and makes 38% of his three pointers.

Calderon has worn out his time in Toronto, but is not so cheap when you look at his annual salary. ($9.7 million next season and $10.5 million in 2012-13)

He also has ties with Pau Gasol as they played on the Spanish national team together, and has said in the past he would like to play with Gasol in the NBA.
    Source: Lakernation.com

Nothing sensational here but still worth noting.

Yeah, I saw that last week on the Lakers board. I didn't think too much of it and to be honest, most Lakers fans want nothing to do with the guy.

Comment

yah read this last week too means nothing really. most commets on the LA board were laughing at it saying " who doesnt wanna be a laker they get to the finals every year" .

Comment

shit, ill be a Laker too !

Comment

Hmmm, I want him to be a Laker too. That would be cool.
          “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

That's one of the few teams where Jose would be an upgrade. Price is too high for them to give a sh*t IMO.
            Eh follow my TWITTER!

Comment

FWIW, I would also like Jose to be a Laker.

Edit:

I would not limit my selection to the Lakers and would also like Jose to be a Hawk, Magic, Bobcat, Wizard, HEAT, Cav, Piston, Pacer, Buck, Knick, Celtic, Net, 76er, Bull, King, Wolve, Nugget, Jazz, Warrior, Rocket, Maverick, Clipper, Grizzly, Spur, Blazer, Sun, Thunder, or Hornet.
              Last edited by mcHAPPY; Tue Jun 14, 2011, 12:13 PM.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                +1, i bet he'd get like 15 assists per game lol.

Comment

Man his pay packet is a heavy one and is of course the deal slammer in most cases. One hopes that Minny considers him for the Rubio nanny role to protect their investment.

Comment

Edit:

I would not limit my selection to the Lakers and would also like Jose to be a Hawk, Magic, Bobcat, Wizard, HEAT, Cav, Piston, Pacer, Buck, Knick, Celtic, Net, 76er, Bull, King, Wolve, Nugget, Jazz, Warrior, Rocket, Maverick, Clipper, Grizzly, Spur, Blazer, Sun, Thunder, or Hornet.
                    Harsh but very funny lol

Comment

So i guess what you saying is you want to trade jose?
                      "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

ezz_bee wrote: View Post
                        So i guess what you saying is you want to trade jose?
                        Yesterday.

Comment

Yesterday.
                          Hopefully there will be a clause in the new CBA which will allow us to drop him no questions asked.

Comment

Jose fits the triangle O very well, actually. Too bad they have zero (gettable) assets that I'd want.

I'd like to see the raps sign Shannon brown as a FA tho.
                            @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Working...
                            X