No announcement yet.

Could Ed Davis be our Tyson Chandler?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Keep in mind that Chandler got bounced around alot before he found a system that optimized his talents, and before he really matured. If you really want to see David become Chandler, please show a modicum of patience for his development. But I know that people will be calling for his head by mid-season.
    Welp, that sucked.

Comment

RAPresenting wrote: View Post
      As of right now Ed was getting bodied at the 4 so the 5 isn't an option. His help defense is great with excellent timing but this isn't enough for him to play the 5. He would get backed under the net every possession and he sitting on the bench in foul trouble. Let the kid guard the 4 and have some time to put weight on (2 years minimal) before we start talking the 5 spot.
      As for the mention of Amir and Davis together starting and Dorsey backing them up not sure where your going to get scoring from and none of those 3 are lock down defenders so we'd lose the battle of the big's game in game out.
      Ed played the 5 this year already... why cant he play it more next year? not every team has a center big enough to back down Ed. still our best case scenario is kanter and davis with kanter at the 5.
      Last edited by pesterm1; Tue Jun 14, 2011, 06:30 PM.

Comment

pesterm1 wrote: View Post
        Ed played the 5 this year already... why cant he play it more next year? not every team has a center big enough to back down Ed. still our best case scenario is kanter and davis with kanter at the 5.
        So did Dre whats your point? Because your listed there doesn't mean your good at it... I agree not every team has a big center but we was getting backed down by 4's let alone 5's. 4's such as Boozer, West, Z-Bo just quickly of the top of my head ate him in the post. Imagine him trying to guard guys like Dwight, Marc Gasol, Roy Hibbert, Kaman or even someone like Duncan? Let the kid play the 4 and allow him to put weight on gradually allowing him to keep his quicks rather then piling weight on quickly.

As for the Kanter I'm not sure he's as sure a bet as many have said. The kid hasn't played in over a year and even in Europe it was only 18 games his last season (I may be wrong). He had an outstanding game at the Summit but is that enough to make him a sure thing? BC can't afford high risk with a 2 year contract so I could see him going Walker or even Leonard (to help our perimeter defense).

Comment

ezz_bee wrote: View Post
          I like Ed Davis and his impact and he does have the potential to make a huge impact on defense, however, I don't like the idea of moving him to the 5 spot. I think he'll be most effective at the 4 spot.
          Agree 100%

Comment

Honestly, I think it's too early to tell.
            Walking like I'm already there.

Comment

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
              ya i think ed would play well at the 5 spot. he has the length and will hopefully gain the weight to play the 5 spot and move amir into the starting line up at the four and dorsey can back him up.
              Ed Davis ... Amir ... Even Dorsey gets mentioned ... Forgetting anyone?

As much as some people want it to happen, there is far from a guarantee that Bargs gets moved.

I think Ed Davis can be his own type of player, different from Tyson. Davis in his shortened rookie season showed great timing for shot blocking, control of his body, help defence awareness ... he even rolled-out an improved jumper.

I say, let's just enjoy watching him develop this year - and not try to compare him to a taller, skinnier player - with no offensive game.
              The only way to bag a classy lady is to give her two tickets to the gun show... and see if she likes the goods.

Comment

Or we can just compare everyone to the champs:

Davis will be like Chandler
                Obviously Bargnani is our Dirk
                Barbosa is our Jet Terry
                Jose is our slow footed veteran PG like Kidd
                Kemba Walker will be our undersized lighting guard like Barea
                JJ is our tall, Marion-like point forward who can handle the ball
                Plus we have DeMAr instead of DeShawn ... better, but same naming convention of "DeSomething"
                Solo is our Mahimini ... Reggie our get in your face Brian Cardinal, who goes for the hard foul!
                The only way to bag a classy lady is to give her two tickets to the gun show... and see if she likes the goods.

Comment

True its too early to tell, but I'd rather see Ed become a "Joahkim Noah type a guy" annoying as hell on the court for the opposing team and a pesky rebounder

Comment

Valanciunas will be our Chandler! He's as long and with an entire offseason in the gym, he'll be that big too. He's a year away to contribue like Tyson, rebounding, help side D, interior D, and blockin. Plus, he's already better than him scoring inside

Comment

Papa Burgundy wrote: View Post
                      Or we can just compare everyone to the champs:

Davis will be like Chandler
                      Obviously Bargnani is our Dirk
                      Barbosa is our Jet Terry
                      Jose is our slow footed veteran PG like Kidd
                      Kemba Walker will be our undersized lighting guard like Barea
                      JJ is our tall, Marion-like point forward who can handle the ball
                      Plus we have DeMAr instead of DeShawn ... better, but same naming convention of "DeSomething"
                      Solo is our Mahimini ... Reggie our get in your face Brian Cardinal, who goes for the hard foul!
                      Now, either you play facetious very well, over-estimate all of our players or you have the most positive outlook on this board. I'm going for facetious, but some of those comparisons aren't ridiculously far off. The biggest difference is mental with most of these guys. Dre has a skill set to rival Dirk's. The biggest difference is Dirk is mentally tough and knows when to pick his spots. I truly don't think that Dirk is that much better defensively than Dre, but he and the Mavs coaching staff have figured out ways to mask this deficiency. Barbosa is a solid, fast, intelligent player, much like JET. Terry is more seasoned and loves the ball in clutch situations. Barbosa has the ability to disappear at times. Jose is a very, very bad comparison to Kidd. Kidd is amongst the top 5 PG's of all time. Jose is a foot note in NBA history. Kemba could be a good comparison to JJ. That has yet to be seen. JJ has the ability to be a Marion-like stopper, but Marion's offensive game is far more refined. Solo/ Mahinmi and Reggie/ Caretaker are both fair enough.

Comment

Tim W. wrote: View Post
                        Were we ever not? He's 6'11 and 260 lbs. I'm pretty sure he can play the 5.
                        Chad Ford claims Cleveland is souring on Kanter and has them passing on him .. so you might actually get to see if Kanter can play the 5 in TO.

(Chad also has us passing on Kanter for Vesley .. so take it for what its worth) ..

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                          I would like to see a Kanter and Davis pairing for the long term.
                          I just got a "basketball woodie".
                          “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

mountio wrote: View Post
                            Chad Ford claims Cleveland is souring on Kanter and has them passing on him .. so you might actually get to see if Kanter can play the 5 in TO.

(Chad also has us passing on Kanter for Vesley .. so take it for what its worth) ..
                            Ford just ate Phil Jackson's last bag of peyote. That's why he's saying stupid shit like this.
                            “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

mountio wrote: View Post

Is that in his latest mock draft? I don't see the Raptors passing on Kanter, quite frankly.
                              Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                              Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

is there any updates on weight hes gained
                                ya dun noe

Comment

Working...
                                X