Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looks like Toronto will be fighting for a new head coach...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looks like Toronto will be fighting for a new head coach...

http://www.slamonline.com/online/nba...h-dwane-casey/

Now that the NBA Finals are over, the Pistons will try to interview Mavericks assistant Dwane Casey, according to a source.

The Pistons will have to get permission from Mavericks general manager Donnie Nelson.
    Casey was the Timberwolves coach from 2005-07. He was fired after a 20-20 start in his second season.

The Pistons have reached out to Mike Woodson, Kelvin Sampson, Lawrence Frank and Bill Laimbeer, among others.
    Buschfire

Raptors fan since day 1.

Why anyone would volunteer to move to Detroit is beyond me!
    ...jokes! Detroit's alright, but I personally like the future of the Raptors. Seems more inviting than the Pistons.
    Walking like I'm already there.

Comment

Hard to compare rosters ... to me anyway:

Pistons: Monroe is the only good piece ... #8 pick. Then overpaid Gordon, Rip, Charlie V, & Maxiell. Throw in Daye, Jerebko, Will Bynum

Raptors: DeMar, Ed, Bargnani, #5 pick, Amir, Bayless, JJ, Jose, Kleiza, Barbosa? ... seems like more talent and a better city.
      The only way to bag a classy lady is to give her two tickets to the gun show... and see if she likes the goods.

Comment

To be fair they're going to erect a robocop statue soon, so i think that's a big draw for anyone.
        @sweatpantsjer

Comment

The Raptors have a better roster, a better starting point and they're located in a much better city.

Comment

he will go to the raps for sure
            ya dun noe

Comment

Also it was reported that Casey would like to coach the Raptors

Comment

DG88 wrote: View Post
                Also it was reported that Casey would like to coach the Raptors
                Link or it didn't happen...

Comment

Buy your jerseys and get ready for a playoff run boy's!

Comment

Faux-ID wrote: View Post
                    Link or it didn't happen...
                    if you don't believe him, find the link yourself it's a google search away.
                    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                      The Raptors have a better roster, a better starting point and they're located in a much better city.
                      Yeah, even with the Pistons not actually playing in Detroit, Auburn Hills and surrounding region have nothing on Toronto. The area is desolate, with plenty of flailing businesses. Sometimes, the Cosi at one of the nicer malls in the area gets a total of three customers (plus me) from 2 pm 'til closing. I don't know how they stay open. And Detroit? I don't like Philadelphia much, but Detroit is far worse. Subjective opinion of team outlook aside, I refuse to believe any coaching candidate would choose Detroit over Toronto based on city alone.

Comment

Working...
                      X