No announcement yet.

Myck Kabongo Next Year Instead??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

if nothing else, it makes me excited about maybe one day finally having a decent canadian team to compete in the worlds/olympics.

just need to get rid of rautins.
    @sweatpantsjer

Comment

id like to see the raps buy a early second round pick and take corey. hes got great size and is probably one of the fastest players ive ever seen. use him as the 3rd pg and let him learn a bit. he could one day end up a decent backup. if nothing else, canada has a little more to cheer about.
      @sweatpantsjer

Comment

I'd like to see the Raptors buy an early second round pick and select Isiah Thomas if they don't get a PG with their #5.

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
          if nothing else, it makes me excited about maybe one day finally having a decent canadian team to compete in the worlds/olympics.

just need to get rid of rautins.
          Rautins has done a very good job with the players he has been dealt, if you only knew half the crap that he has to go through you may change your tune. Leo does a very good job of not airing team problems in the media, he is also working with a team budget that is way smaller than the other Countries that we compete with, France and Italy for example have around a 30 mil euro (33 mil Can) budget for their organization where as Canada has around 10 mil.
          Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

Rautins=Fail. Dave Smart works with the same budget as every other CIS team and the Ravens have won 7 of the last 9 national championships. The two times they lost in the semi-finals they were the top seed and lost both games by a combined 6 points. That is insane. I actually got to watch a men's team practice and was wholly UNDERWHELMED by Rautins as a coach. I'm not saying that Canada has the best talent or program, but Leo is a great example of a former player who shouldn't be a coach.
            "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

ezz_bee wrote: View Post
              Rautins=Fail. Dave Smart works with the same budget as every other CIS team and the Ravens have won 7 of the last 9 national championships. The two times they lost in the semi-finals they were the top seed and lost both games by a combined 6 points. That is insane. I actually got to watch a men's team practice and was wholly UNDERWHELMED by Rautins as a coach. I'm not saying that Canada has the best talent or program, but Leo is a great example of a former player who shouldn't be a coach.
              If you think that coach Smart does not have more resources and funds than many other CIS school you are out of the loop.

As for Leo, was it his fault that he has had little talent to work with? We have a few quality players but lack depth. Also the injuries to English, Young, and Andy Rautins down the stretch did not help anything. We are talking about putting a team on the floor that has 1 NBA guy 2-3 top league Euro players and a bunch of NCAA and tier 2-3 league guys, who is going to win with that. Don't even bring up the Dalembert situation, that was all Sam, and Leo did a great job not bashing him in the media like he could have. Also, depending on what practice you were able to sit in on would also give you different perspectives. Many of the players in camp are coming off long seasons and the team does lots of walk throughs, slowly adding things to be ready for the "real" games. The team also usually meets once early in the summer, plays some friendly games, takes a break and regroups after a week or two break.
              Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

nah i want sullinger next year and Kemba this year.

Comment

WJF wrote: View Post
                  If you think that coach Smart does not have more resources and funds than many other CIS school you are out of the loop.

As for Leo, was it his fault that he has had little talent to work with? We have a few quality players but lack depth. Also the injuries to English, Young, and Andy Rautins down the stretch did not help anything. We are talking about putting a team on the floor that has 1 NBA guy 2-3 top league Euro players and a bunch of NCAA and tier 2-3 league guys, who is going to win with that. Don't even bring up the Dalembert situation, that was all Sam, and Leo did a great job not bashing him in the media like he could have. Also, depending on what practice you were able to sit in on would also give you different perspectives. Many of the players in camp are coming off long seasons and the team does lots of walk throughs, slowly adding things to be ready for the "real" games. The team also usually meets once early in the summer, plays some friendly games, takes a break and regroups after a week or two break.
                  Leo's still not produced as well as, wait for it -- Triano did during his tenure as national team head coach. All Jay had was Nash and 'stuff'. And the way Leo got the gig and the political shenanigans around Canada Basketball probably have a lot to do with people's opinions of Leo. I have a ton of respect for Steve Nash and his outlook on people, and if he thinks Leo is a douche who helped push Triano of the program, then I'll side with that opinion until proven otherwise.

I have no idea how today's young Cdn players see Leo (in terms of respect factor, leadership ability, etc.), so maybe he's a great guy for the future of Team Canada, but in the past, he's seemed arrogant and under-qualified to me.

The fact that Triano is no longer coaching in the NBA puts him back in the driver seat for a role with the national hoops program, I hope. He's the most successful coach we've had, and the team was arguably in the best position it's ever been under his watch. With the much higher level of talent in Canada today, it would be interesting to see what he could accomplish...
                  Definition of Statistics: The science of producing unreliable facts from reliable figures.

Comment

I want austin rivers

Comment

Agrippa wrote: View Post
                      I want austin rivers
                      noooooooo

Comment

Working...
                      X